Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 12: In Game Attitude: Carlton vs St. Kilda (Read 27271 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 12: In Game Attitude: Carlton vs St. Kilda

Reply #150
We won the last q - something to hang your hat on I guess.

Reply #152
So we re load , after the break. Absorb this, learn from it and see who wants to play. Pity no one really showing in the NB's to bring in. Don't think SOJ is ready, Jasch not the answer, Jones has been tried , so we try........?

SOS and Jaksch are kicking goals week in/week out. They are ready and ready to do give a good account of themselves.

Reply #153
Absolutely agree, PP.

But, I reckon that games like this, actually put the focus on the usual suspects.

What you have in the wins, is the good players, bringing the spuds into the game.

Every team has got spuds, but the lower teams like us, have more than the Hawks, Swans etc.

I know for  a fact, that those who make the decisions, are fully aware of the weaknesses, which is why you will hear Bolton repeating the mantra about the long journey.

They are also aware that he is also on  a learning curve, and their aim is to give him the material that will enable him to take us to the next level.

What Bolts has proven, is that with a team re-pleat with spuds, he has had them playing above their weight.

I am really looking forward to watching Charlie Curnow, Harry mack hopefully play a few and Son of Jo play a few.

I know that they are building a war chest to get a big name player to the club. Watch this space.

We are building to a very exciting future, and the bottom line is not to get carried away too much by big wins, or drop the bundle by losses like today, knowing that we have at least 6 spuds in the team who won't be there next year.

It's shame the powers that be couldn't do the same with Ratts, but for me old grudges die hard.

Big name player ? Isn't this a bit "old Carlton" ?

I hope it's not Travis Coke.

Reply #154
Beaten by Membrey and Steven and a bucnch of Kipflers. A bag of unwashed sebagos would have put up more pressure and tackles than we did.

I may be berated for this but i'm kinda glad we got flogged by a shizen team, bring the boys back down to earth a bit.

Reply #155
We struggled in the ruck today and at the clearances. Phillips will come back for sure as reports say he played a stormer for the NBs.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #156
It is a bad loss, in fact it is a really poor showing and some players in particular let themselves down, but that is okay. That is expected, Bolton has stated he doesn't want them getting to high or too low. Well for the first time we have lost a game we were clear favourites for and now we need to show that we can take lessons from it and continue to grow
I don't mind losses this year, whilst wanting to win each one of course
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #157
It is a bad loss, in fact it is a really poor showing and some players in particular let themselves down, but that is okay. That is expected, Bolton has stated he doesn't want them getting to high or too low. Well for the first time we have lost a game we were clear favourites for and now we need to show that we can take lessons from it and continue to grow

Yes - agree.

Come on mods - let's wrap this up, and continue our whinging (i.e analysis) in the post game thread.

Reply #158
Absolutely agree, PP.

But, I reckon that games like this, actually put the focus on the usual suspects.

What you have in the wins, is the good players, bringing the spuds into the game.

Every team has got spuds, but the lower teams like us, have more than the Hawks, Swans etc.

I know for  a fact, that those who make the decisions, are fully aware of the weaknesses, which is why you will hear Bolton repeating the mantra about the long journey.

They are also aware that he is also on  a learning curve, and their aim is to give him the material that will enable him to take us to the next level.

What Bolts has proven, is that with a team re-pleat with spuds, he has had them playing above their weight.

I am really looking forward to watching Charlie Curnow, Harry mack hopefully play a few and Son of Jo play a few.

I know that they are building a war chest to get a big name player to the club. Watch this space.

We are building to a very exciting future, and the bottom line is not to get carried away too much by big wins, or drop the bundle by losses like today, knowing that we have at least 6 spuds in the team who won't be there next year.

Agree, they know our list is no where near flag material.
Question is how do we find 4 top 25 picks this year and next.
Too many of us see the team win but don't realise we have major deficiencies still.
Gibbs is a great example, has probably played 4 good games this year but 5/6 pretty poor ones.
When he is poor he doesn't contribute.
Everett the same.
Walker the same without the good games.

Reply #159

X2
Early in the journey for us, saints much further along.
Much to learn from today.
Love to see the young fellas get a game.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #160
Agree, they know our list is no where near flag material.
Question is how do we find 4 top 25 picks this year and next.
Too many of us see the team win but don't realise we have major deficiencies still.
Gibbs is a great example, has probably played 4 good games this year but 5/6 pretty poor ones.
When he is poor he doesn't contribute.
Everett the same.
Walker the same without the good games.

Gibbs has not had 5 or 6 bad games this year.

T
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................