Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 12: Post Game Purgatory: Carlton vs St. Kilda (Read 34500 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 12: Post Game Purgatory: Carlton vs St. Kilda

Reply #120
It was glaring for all to see our lack of leg speed against the aints. We desperately need an injection of pace and class in the Midfield at the end of the year.

Here's hoping guys like Buckley, Boekhorst and Cunningham can sort that out in the second half of the year.

Murph isn't slow either and it would nice to have him back in the midfield rotation as well.

Tutt has been averaging almost 30 touches a game and is super quick, Josh Fraser has been singing his praises. Can he finally transfer that VFL form into regular senior games. I'd like him to. At 25 he is still young enough to make a decent fist of it.

Reply #121
All our guys looked very heavy legged ie slow last Sunday. Wondering whether training loads had been amped up - for whatever reason....?

And guys like 2E, Bryne, Lamb, Sumner aren't slow!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #122
Tutt has been averaging almost 30 touches a game and is super quick, Josh Fraser has been singing his praises. Can he finally transfer that VFL form into regular senior games. I'd like him to. At 25 he is still young enough to make a decent fist of it.
One thing that's been glaringly obvious this year to me is the "cans" and the "cannots" stick out like dogs proverbials. Those who get the new game plan have embraced it with confidence and have flourished. Those who don't have struggled and have banished or left to practice it in the 2's. Jamo for instance is the prime example where in the games he has played, he seemed lost at sea. Tutt may be going great guns in the 2's and if form warrants it and there is a spot, he should get a go in the 1's. Whether he is a "can" or a "cannot" will be seen very, very quickly. When executed well, we seem to be able to beat anyone, when not executed well, we cant beat an egg (e.g St Kilda with multiple outs). It is brutal and ruthless that's for sure.
Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #123

Tutt was fairly quiet in the first half against Box Hill but picked up in the second half.  He seems more confident and the poor decision-making and skill errors have been eliminated from his game.  The question is whether he can reproduce that at senior level.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #124
Tutt hasn't nearly been as bad as people make out.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #125
Tutt hasn't nearly been as bad as people make out.

He has one major problem, it's the same problem that saw Jones dropped, they take options on when to compete.

Jones was cemented in the side due to good efforts despite his lack of a result, it wasn't until he started choosing "not to go" a couple of times in his last game that saw him get it in the neck!

Tutt would be in the 1s by now if he can eliminate those times he chooses "Not to Go"!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #126
He has one major problem, it's the same problem that saw Jones dropped, they take options on when to compete.

Jones was cemented in the side due to good efforts despite his lack of a result, it wasn't until he started choosing "not to go" a couple of times in his last game that saw him get it in the neck!

Tutt would be in the 1s by now if he can eliminate those times he chooses "Not to Go"!

I thought Jones was stiff to be dropped after the North game, we are actually undefeated when Casboult and Jones have both played. Having two big targets gives the opposition more to think about.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #127

I don't think Jones chooses not to go; it's more that he misreads the play and/or has no gas in his tank.

Same with Tutt but it's more lack of confidence in his case.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #128
I thought Jones was stiff to be dropped after the North game, we are actually undefeated when Casboult and Jones have both played. Having two big targets gives the opposition more to think about.
I agree, but in that game he stopped in his tracks twice and watched play go on around him. Perhaps he was injured.

Bolton has made it clear that making an effort is not an option, not matter whether you are stuffed and cannot impact the contest, you must be seen to make the effort regardless of the circumstance. When I saw him stop twice I knew he'd get the bullet, coaches think that is unforgivable and it was the first time this season he reverted to his old ways.

He'll learn, and from the VFL reports he has learned, and he has the perfect coach teaching him.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #129
It'll be interesting to see if Jones gets a gig ahead of Jaksch. That would be a bad indicator for the latter - the clock is definitely ticking as far as he's concerned.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #130
Tutt panics in traffic, gives the ball up too easily and wont consistently attack the footy the way you have to at senior level.....he was a dumb pickup and needs delisting...

Reply #131
Tutt panics in traffic, gives the ball up too easily and wont consistently attack the footy the way you have to at senior level.....he was a dumb pickup and needs delisting...

Tutt looks like a different player in the NBs.  My opinion was similar to yours EB but, if he can reproduce his NB form at AFL level, he will at least be putting pressure on several players.

Reply #132
You get time in the seconds that you don't get at senior level, plus mistakes get punished very quickly, every time.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?