Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 26792 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #30
I keep thinking about David Parkin's statement about playing more than 2 first year players in the side in the same game. I reckon he's spot on.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #31
I don't believe he's being selected on name only but Jack Silvagni seems a bit down on confidence since he hurt his shoulder so a spell of a couple of games in the VFL wouldn't do him any harm.

As I said after last weeks game . . . . . Weiters and Jack should be either rested or dropped.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #32
Gee I can't stand north. Every club has their share but their supporters are over represented in the toothless moron category.

Anyhoo, back to the game. Gibbs played out of his skin, and an outstanding game from kreuzer, Cripps, docherty. We had a few passengers which made the difference in the end. While some suggest weitering needs a break I think he needs to keep playing to put him on the path to the player he can be. He wasn't our worse at all. A bye for all next week will freshen a fee up.

Giving a team a 6 goal start is going to make life difficult for anyone. But we are battling to kick goals so it was quite a mountain to climb. We kicked our highest score for the season and the midfield kicked goals which was good to see

Good creative coaching too, going a 2 man forward line that got us back in the game.

Good signs. Just need to work on the consistency. That's what 2017 is all about.

Reply #33
I keep thinking about David Parkin's statement about playing more than 2 first year players in the side in the same game. I reckon he's spot on.

Likewise. We just looked unbalanced.

The danger is we become satisfied with 'honourable losses. Our first qtr was absolutely pathetic. Weak as water. No leadership. And that just shouldn't happen. In the end it turned out to be a game we should have won... against a notoriously inconsistent opponent. I liked BBs words after the game. Though I don't like 'iffs' I suspect had Rowe/Jones and Thomas played we would have won... bringing in a first game for the year bloke (Sumner) and Macreadie for Rowe was wrong.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #34
Bullcrap watch the sumner watch very hard and macredie is what we want high pot key defenders who are 18-21. They are as good as they get we are 2 years away I know who's list I want. We were good just not great. I would like Byrne in that side and then I think we win.

Reply #35
Was at the game and liked a lot of what I saw after quarter time! Yes we played badly but ffs the umpires really helped them
Along and it's tough when you're working your guts out and getting free kick after free kick called that are at best 50/50 and which result in opposition goals! It was bullcrap.

Thought Gibbs was outstanding today and liked that Cunningham backed himself.

They will learn from that but gee it would've been a better learning experience to come from so far down to win it!

Reply #36
Watching the replay now... Weitering is shot.

He wasnt playing poorly because he was in the forward line. He's just plain sh#t out of form. Needs to be dropped.

Reply #37
Was at the game and liked a lot of what I saw after quarter time! Yes we played badly but ffs the umpires really helped them
Along and it's tough when you're working your guts out and getting free kick after free kick called that are at best 50/50 and which result in opposition goals! It was bullcrap.

Thought Gibbs was outstanding today and liked that Cunningham backed himself.

They will learn from that but gee it would've been a better learning experience to come from so far down to win it!

Umpiring.... jeeez. How many times did they get tackled and just throw the ball? We got pinged for it twice - both times we tried the same trick - them never.

Holding the ball not paid also.

Reply #38
I'm not overly concerned this is a "development" year we have one more draft to go to bring in more youngsters then we go for A grade free agents. We have to.

This is going to be a frustrating year and next year will be pretty much the same - but expect some improvement at the tail end of this year and win some games.

Reply #39
It was never going to be easy giving them a huge head start. Need to learn to keep the opponent in striking range earlier in the match. This is the fish that got away. Some negatives from this match but a few future good players to develop also.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #40
The umpires have treated us differently for sooooo long.
After the game i was thinking the same that BB complains about the umpiring and cop the fine.
Didn't Sheedy do this type of thing?
Time we pushed back instead of complying all the time.

This is a post from an earlier game.this year.
Mmmm common theme i think  :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #41
Can't understand the knockers - q1 aside. That was an inexcusable brain fade.

IMO: Our seniors stood up. Kruez, Gibbs, Ed, Murphy, Ed, and ASOS were solid. Our younger crew in Docherty and Crippa were effective. Both getting goals made for a much needed spread of goalkickers. Wright was quiet again as was Sumner. Sumner needs a couple in a row to recalibrate.

We fought back from a 45pt deficit.....
We kicked with accuracy and almost topped the tonne....
When it was needed, we just took the game on.....
These efforts alone are signs of progress.

Of the baby blues, I thought Zac, SOJ,  Marchbank, and Samo soldiered on and will benefit from the bye. SOJ was at his best when with ball in hand, he gave Zeibell no less, the don't argue push. These are kids who will gain more than they can give at this early stage. But that's the name of the game ATM.

DC was great in his 2nd game for the year, particularly when he took the game on. He looked unpredictable and dangerous. Plowman had a better game. Charlie, well he was fantastic. Out marked some very talented senior's.

In all, a great 3q effort to be proud of and a 1q to forget!
This buy-a-flag mob flogged us by 67 and 64 in our last encounters. We went in without one of our most important KPP's, and most experienced seniors. We replaced them with kids who have a handful of games between them. They should have given us a bath, like they did the Crows  ::).
But our spirited youngsters were ably led by our seniors to give them a scare. That's a win in my book....

Hope they have a restful bye, tidy up the 1q brain fades, and bring on the competition in the 2nd half of the season.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #42
As I said after last weeks game . . . . . Weiters and Jack should be either rested or dropped.
I dont want to shoot bambi but compared to last year, Weiters has been well below par. Dunno that he will be sent to the 2s to get some form but he probably needs it. As I said in the in game thread, that swingman rubbish can GAGF.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #43
Great effort to come back, but man Weitering has massive issues right now. I am hoping he is carrying some which if so why the fudge are we playing him and if not and he is just in bad form then he has regressed badly from last year. Maybe being thrown around has unsettled him and cant get rhythm.

Reply #44
I don't believe he's being selected on name only but Jack Silvagni seems a bit down on confidence since he hurt his shoulder so a spell of a couple of games in the VFL wouldn't do him any harm.
Wasn't his sort of game.

Also wasn't Sumners, SPS or Fishers.

I reckon they'll reset and see he they go in the games after the bye.

On form I'd have dropped SPS but its development, not wins.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................