Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 11: Blues have the Bye (Read 7229 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 11: Blues have the Bye

Reply #15
Having seen the positives that are being delivered by the inclusion of ACoS, I am a bit surprised people aren't desiring another good player with some inherent mongrel!

It makes the others taller, the Hodge effect, or perhaps the Roughie and his minions effect!

Blokes like Weitering, Marchbank, Plowman, Docherty, SoJ, SPS, Pickett, Wright, Williamson, etc., etc.. Get to go 100% hard at the pill when they have a guardian angel watching their back! ;)

I think we are also seeing the effects of this at VFL level, the aggression being shown by Jones, O'Shea, Jaksch and McKay is having a huge positive effect on those around them.

I think we are also seeing Rowe, and our team, benefit from a harder edge to his game.

It's clear the benefit of the aggression is amplified when the aggression comes from a giant, Levi I'm specifically thinking of you! You are built to intimidate, do it son and they won't walk over you or push you around ever again! :o

BB said it himself, when the big blokes play well others follow. This is the incalculable value of a Kreuzer versus say a Warnock type.

PS; I've always rated Roughie higher than Buddy for this very reason. Buddy's aggression tends to only come when he personally needs a lift, Roughie uses aggression to defend and lift the team!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
I've lost my understanding of the bye in AFL.

Argued for strongly, but clubs barely make use of it, in fact many are organising extra training sessions or even practice matches.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
It gives the opportunity to nurse players who are playing through niggles and injuries a week off to recuperate, and it also gives teams a chance to adjust things such as game plan, roles, or what not.

Irrespective of how it gets used (a week off to refresh the mind if not the body) can still be beneficial.

I am comfortable with it being scrapped if that is the outcome, but to say that there is no benefit is not quite right.  It also allows teams the chance to go play in china for a weekend and come back refreshed or even take a mini break to visit the family etc.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #18
I've lost my understanding of the bye in AFL.

Argued for strongly, but clubs barely make use of it, in fact many are organising extra training sessions or even practice matches.

I've heard of at least 2 clubs giving players 4 days off to do as they please.
Haven't heard what the other clubs are doing, but thats all you'd expect to happen.

Reply #19
I've heard of at least 2 clubs giving players 4 days off to do as they please.
Haven't heard what the other clubs are doing, but thats all you'd expect to happen.
Saw a pic of SPS hanging out with Eddie and Wanganeen in Radelaide.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #20

That makes 3 clubs then.

I'm sure the other 3 clubs are giving their boys a break too.
Not sure why people are questioning it really.  ???

Reply #21

Could he be over there trying to get Eddie to return to the Blues?   ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22
Could he be over there trying to get Eddie to return to the Blues?   ;)

More like Eddie and Wanganeen are trying to get him across the border.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23

SPS is a very chilled out lad and I reckon he is very happy where is...Syd Jackson is really chuffed he was wearing his No 5 and I think
Samo will be a Blues player for a long time..

Reply #24

You missed the irony.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #27
Bye sucks AFL should get rid of it.