Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 12: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs GWS (Read 8390 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 12: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #30
Along came Jones! Looking forward to seeing him.????
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #31
Good move giving Samo a rest.

Reckon Lamb & Sumner got the nod over Graham owing to speed over the grass and fronting up to their previous club. NG has worked hard but that lack of pace does hurt him, his disposal has improved though he did commit a horrible clanger against the Kangabies. Lamb does bring a little mongrel as well which we like.

Both in against the old side. Maybe some inside info to help? Or some extra motivation?

Reply #32

Reckon Lamb & Sumner got the nod over Graham owing to speed over the grass and fronting up to their previous club. NG has worked hard but that lack of pace does hurt him, his disposal has improved though he did commit a horrible clanger against the Kangabies. Lamb does bring a little mongrel as well which we like.

I doubt that Lamb has any edge over Graham in the speed department but Graham has been more effective at the more spacious MCG.

Reply #33
How Thomas and Lamb get a game is beyond my understanding.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #34
Still have to double take and kick myself seeing Silvagni written twice. Might be thrice times soon. ;D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #35
How Thomas and Lamb get a game is beyond my understanding.

x2...reckon that is the end for Nick Graham too....
Lamb might provide a bit more goalkicking ability as he does kick straight but vs GWS you need plenty of midfielders to rotate, reckon that means Wright up the ground more and maybe Lamb
down playing the FP role...

Reply #36
Lamb might provide a bit more goalkicking ability as he does kick straight but vs GWS you need plenty of midfielders to rotate, reckon that means Wright up the ground more and maybe Lamb

Part of the sorting out process I guess? Final chances before decisions are made.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #37

Would that be a Cavoodle or Labradoodle Baggers?

I'm just a little concerned that we have both Lamb and Sumner in the 22.  Happy to be proved wrong as always.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #38

It may be the reverse EB1.

Lamb's last game at the NBs he seemed to spend a fair amount of time behind the ball rotating on-ball. It could be freeing Wright up to stay forward, we know clubs have dragged Wright away from goal in recent weeks.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39
Congratulations to big Kruez and Lachie Plowman.
Hope the boys give their all making for a memorable milestone event.

All the best to the Jones boy and Jed Lamb. Make this game your own fellas and give the selectors a headache.

Go new Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #40
Has anyone noticed the total lack of media time we've had this week? Granted we are not expected to win, but we haven't been expected to win all year. Nothing about the former GWS boys. Just a black hole.
Just the way I like it, low key lead up, turn up and knock off the league leader and flag favourites.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #41
Just the way I like it, low key lead up, turn up and knock off the league leader and flag favourites.

Fair chance for sure. I've tipped Giants, so we're in with a chance according to my 2017 tipping stats :P
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #42
It may be the reverse EB1.

Lamb's last game at the NBs he seemed to spend a fair amount of time behind the ball rotating on-ball. It could be freeing Wright up to stay forward, we know clubs have dragged Wright away from goal in recent weeks.

LP..Hope so..I like Wright near goal more often as he kicks straighter than most...