Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 12: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs GWS (Read 34128 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 12: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #15
I snuck down to the local expecting to see another honourable loss. Kreuzer was massive and was the one who made the difference in the end. Well done 1AW in the mentoring role with Liam, he's a changed player who just earned himself another contract.

Reply #16
Mumford and Johnston cost GWS that game, stupid mistakes from seasoned players at critical moments!

Be Stevie Johnson.......bit of pressure on Leon Cameron, Alistair Clarkson was at the game and plenty of GWS supporters reckon he is the coach in waiting if LC doesnt bring home the bacon
in the finals...
Nice to see Liam Jones play so well and my old mate Daisy did some good things too especially late in the game, the handpass to Wright was crucial and smart thinking.

Who says you have to win clearances...Kreuzer was BOG taking on the big Mummy and credit to Gibbs who I thought played an intelligent game along with his mate Murphy..

J.Patton is very overated and anyone wanting to pay 9 mill for Kelly needs to think again...rather Callan Ward who I rate the best of the GWS mids.....not as flashy but has more substance...
You can see how to beat GWS as we followed a similar formula to how the Bulldogs played them last finals series... they dont like it tight or contested and their backline lacks the star power they have everywhere else on the ground..

Reply #17
Hopefully a win like this will help the boys believe that if the game is an arm wrestle, they're  in with a chance.

And yes, big ups to LJ, and I hope ACOS is ok.

Reply #18
I'll give their coach some credit. He said it wouldn't be right to say GWS were as we were a good side on the rise.

Reply #19
Can't believe they traded out Marchbank, their defence is very light on.  I know they have injuries but if they don't shore up their defense they will be also fans.

Greene won't kick 0_5 again.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #20
Pretty amazing timing from LJ.  He turned it on just as ACOS hits the wall. 

Daisy earned his keep again.  How about Gibbs flattening him when he was running out of the centre.  When was the last time Gibbs flattened anyone?  ;D

Reply #21

Daisy earned his keep again.  How about Gibbs flattening him when he was running out of the centre.  When was the last time Gibbs flattened anyone?  ;D

I remember some dainty push and shove with renowned Essendon hard man Dyson Heppell a while back.

Reply #22

Gibbs got stuck into Mumford after the latter smashed Kreuzer when he marked in the pocket.  It should have been a 50m penalty and certain goal.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #23
.....................anyone wanting to pay 9 mill for Kelly needs to think again...rather Callan Ward who I rate the best of the GWS mids.....not as flashy but has more substance...
Agreed, Callan Ward by a country mile!

You can see how to beat GWS as we followed a similar formula to how the Bulldogs played them last finals series... they dont like it tight or contested and their backline lacks the star power they have everywhere else on the ground..
They have a lot of superstar finger pointers who all want to be the hero. I suppose that is why the media love them so much, the same type of show pony players that fill commentary or media analyst roles!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
The little kid was right. Baggers by 1 point.

Said the same thing as soon as the siren blew. Thanks kid.

I took my 4 month old to his first game today. 100% win record.
My 2.5 year old also saw his first win....but he's seen a few losses already.

Reply #25
 >:DWas at the game and geez the boys did not stop - there were a tiny few flat Spots where GWS Made easy work of getting it into their F50 But wow that last 5 mins my heart was racing! Damnit I didn't want another honourable loss - I wanted the win and WE GOT IT!

Thought Liam Jones was so composed, fantastic - Fisher just throws himself into what is happening, Weiters' smart play at the end.

All that and I thought Murph was super quiet?

Some silly errors and boy were the umpires very pro GWS but we still held on!

The crowd was electric and am so pleased for Kruezer on his 150th!

Reply #26
And a great way for Krooz to celebrate his 150th - the ultimate club player, the ultimate team player.

Booya !

Reply #27
Very proud CFC supporter tonight. Great effort by the boys. G&D with smarts! I will need extra heart medication tonight.

How about our defence? IMO the decisive factor.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #28
All that and I thought Murph was super quiet?

Some on talkback had said the same thing, but he got 30 possessions.

I've not seen the game, but I talked to a mate who was at it and he said Murphy and Gibbs did a lot of unusually heavy lifting.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
Did anyone here the 'cheer' when Casboult took that mark in the end? Was about the funniest thing i've heard at the football.

A collective roar of excitement when you realise you've just taken a mark in the forwardline knowing a goal wins you the game.... ;D
...followed immediately by a collective sigh and groan when you realise that was Casboult who took the mark.  :'(

"YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHAWwwwwwww"