Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 12: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs GWS (Read 34132 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 12: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #30

Greene won't kick 0_5 again.

Yes, no doubt we had lady luck on our side. He is normally a great shot on goal, and has been in great form.

They had their chances for sure.

Reply #31
Did anyone here the 'cheer' when Casboult took that mark in the end? Was about the funniest thing i've heard at the football.

A collective roar of excitement when you realise you've just taken a mark in the forwardline knowing a goal wins you the game.... ;D
...followed immediately by a collective sigh and groan when you realise that was Casboult who took the mark.  :'(

"YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHAWwwwwwww"

The miss was predictable.
He didn't hit the scoreboard today but I thought it was Levi's best game for at least a month, he really got involved and did a lot of heavy duty stuff.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #32
Did anyone here the 'cheer' when Casboult took that mark in the end? Was about the funniest thing i've heard at the football.

A collective roar of excitement when you realise you've just taken a mark in the forwardline knowing a goal wins you the game.... ;D
...followed immediately by a collective sigh and groan when you realise that was Casboult who took the mark.  :'(

"YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHAWwwwwwww"

When you fully haven't developed a new "habit", in this case kicking at goal, old one's can bite you on the ass under pressure until that "habit" is properly established, if it ever does completely.

Reply #33
Pity Levi didn't drill that last shot and stick it so far up the naysayers that they gag on it.
2.1 as opposed to 1.2 doesn't really make a difference. It was a low scoring affair I guess but he should have drilled it. The conversation would have been a little different had we lost.
In any case, this isnt about Levi. Its about:
-A win against top of the ladder
-A win for the big Tractor in his 150th
-Liam Jones sticking it right up everyone. Well done son, great game.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
Actually thought Jed Lamb was good - he has attitude and skills.

Didn't hear the cheer and groan when Casbolt got it - gee I wish he'd kick those, for himself if nothing else!

Thought again Cripps tried to do too much every time rather than at times take the easy and smart option - but that's not a fault or a diss, he knows he's bloody good and he WANTS to win so he does what he thinks he can in order to win it. That'll come good once he has even contributors and faith in those around him.

Thought gibbs was good but not great - few times he stood back and spectate did rather than throw himself in but I think that's just how he plays.

Love Kruez god I would hate to lose him.

And Liam as others have said,  well done to you sir! Make the most of your opportunities, you did today

And yes Toby missed his shots but the umpires were very pro GWS so it evens out

GO BLUES

Reply #35
Actually thought Jed Lamb was good - he has attitude and skills.

Didn't hear the cheer and groan when Casbolt got it - gee I wish he'd kick those, for himself if nothing else!

Thought again Cripps tried to do too much every time rather than at times take the easy and smart option - but that's not a fault or a diss, he knows he's bloody good and he WANTS to win so he does what he thinks he can in order to win it. That'll come good once he has even contributors and faith in those around him.

Thought gibbs was good but not great - few times he stood back and spectate did rather than throw himself in but I think that's just how he plays.

Love Kruez god I would hate to lose him.

And Liam as others have said,  well done to you sir! Make the most of your opportunities, you did today

And yes Toby missed his shots but the umpires were very pro GWS so it evens out

GO BLUES

Agree on Lamb....pregame I thought Lamb being in may help Wright be more productive and I thought he added some variety up forward which we dont have since Pickett got dropped.
Lamb isnt flashy but he kicks straight and was sensible with the footy this game, seen him other games and his decision making can let him down...

Reply #36
The Daisy haters best watch that last stoppage just prior to the Weitering kick off the ground.

Daisy in the right place, three critical touches in as many seconds. Basically won us the game.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37
The Daisy haters best watch that last stoppage just prior to the Weitering kick off the ground.

Daisy in the right place, three critical touches in as many seconds. Basically won us the game.

LP...take your point about late in the game work, thought he owed us though after that kick got smothered early that resulted in a GWS goal but I thought he did some good work and
his game overall was good...I prefer to be called a Daisy doubter ;)
Getting to the point though would you offer him another year based on his efforts this season?

Reply #38
LP...take your point about late in the game work, thought he owed us though after that kick got smothered early that resulted in a GWS goal but I thought he did some good work and
his game overall was good...I prefer to be called a Daisy doubter ;)
Getting to the point though would you offer him another year based on his efforts this season?

Yes I would at a reduced rate, he's worth every bit as much as Casboult and I'd offer Casboult a deal for the right price as well.

The time to move them on is when the kids have 30 to 50 games under their belt.

If Daisy isn't there tonight they don't get a win and that does incredible damage to the development and confidence of the kids. For me his presence accelerates their development and we should be all for that!

Those kids will see what he did on video, and know what they have to do in similar situations.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39
Yes I would at a reduced rate, he's worth every bit as much as Casboult and I'd offer Casboult a deal for the right price as well.

Twice, once walking to the group after the siren and once coming out from a break, Daisy was in deep conversation with Zac Fisher. Plenty of instruction going on and a few pats on the back.

Reply #40

If Daisy isn't there tonight they don't get a win and that does incredible damage to the development and confidence of the kids. For me his presence accelerates their development and we should be all for that!

Fair enough.....I reckon Daisy given he has the coaches support and he gives some more of what he gave to today for the rest of the season might prove you right.
I like Levi but he does need to convert batter than he did today but I'm still sticking with theory he makes Kruezer a better player and is useful for us....though as you say, at the right price..

Reply #41
Twice, once walking to the group after the siren and once coming out from a break, Daisy was in deep conversation with Zac Fisher. Plenty of instruction going on and a few pats on the back.

He is basically accused by some sectors of feathering his nest, clinging onto his career at the expense of our youth. But it looks to me like he is working as hard as he can to bring the kids on and make himself redundant.

I'd rather have Daisy doing that than have some other, perhaps more capable, twightlight career spud who gives our kids nothing!

Like him or hate him, he's got an A Grade football brain and works his butt off!

I love this quality in a player, it overcomes, it's a unifying quality that players fall behind.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
what was that free kick to gws for with 30 seconds to go....simmo had it i thought. didn't think he even took the ball out... very odd.

Then that final deliberate free at the death, WtF?!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #43
Pretty amazing timing from LJ.  He turned it on just as ACOS hits the wall. 

Daisy earned his keep again.  How about Gibbs flattening him when he was running out of the centre.  When was the last time Gibbs flattened anyone?  ;D

He squashed Robbie Gray's head like a tangerine one day. Won us the game against power. And got suspended.

Reply #44
Jack Silvagni needs to become our Crows Tom Lynch. Lead up hard, drop back when required, kick a couple each game and be our link person.  He has all the attributes to do it.