Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Fixture (Read 19280 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Fixture

Reply #30
Memo to Carlton: one of the best ways to discourage Vic-based members & ensure no growth in your membership base is to play a home game interstate.

Friggin' boneheads running our Club....

Interestingly...it's worked for Hawthorn
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #32
And they have 11 games and can choose their home grown in the same way the Richmond chooses the G and Saints chooses Etihad.
The same option Hawthorn & Fitzroy had to play their games at PP. They are THEIR home games. You forget they played Richmond their this year or ignore the fact. Why? Because Richmond had been crap for quite a while so it made sense and they will make a lot more money.

Geelong doesn't have to provide a stadium to cater to every fan, what absolute nonsense.
If Carlton wanted to rebuild their stadium, they would have every right to play there.

Should Hawthorn and Kangaroos have no right to play us in Tasmania?

It is THEIR home game and they are entitled to play it at a location that gives them the best return, whether they be financial or parochial or home ground support or both.

Bad luck.

If you can't fit the opposition supporters into the ground then you don't play them there.

Alot of supporters don't travel interstate, so that's irrelevant. We're talking two Victorian clubs where supporters will attend in their numbers. When one group essentially can't go then that's not on.

Reply #33
Bad luck.

If you can't fit the opposition supporters into the ground then you don't play them there.

Alot of supporters don't travel interstate, so that's irrelevant. We're talking two Victorian clubs where supporters will attend in their numbers. When one group essentially can't go then that's not on.

Actually.. you are wrong.. It is bad luck for the opposition, as shown by the fact Cats are getting the games they ask for, including Richmond last year.
But nice try
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #34
That's not right- I was there just last year when we last beat them and was definitely at Etihad.

...and that was our FIRST WIN EVER against the cats at Etihad. We were 0-13 (or 0-14) before that.

Hence why i said once we finally beat them, they move us to a harder venue.

Reply #35
It was actually 12-2, Riccardi's kick was so touched that the chief had two fingers broken, but I see your point.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #36
It was actually 12-2, Riccardi's kick was so touched that the chief had two fingers broken, but I see your point.

Reckon there was probably 2 more as well.

Something with Troy Menzel springs to mind...and whatever year that was, perhaps another one that same year (or the year before).

FWIW, i just checked official stats.
Carlton vs Geelong @ Etihad.
Played 16 times, Carlton has 1 win.

They won this year. So it was 0-14.  :-[

Reply #37
Bad luck.

Thats my main beef with it. And the leg up they get from playing so many games there a year.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #38
...and that was our FIRST WIN EVER against the cats at Etihad. We were 0-13 (or 0-14) before that.

Hence why i said once we finally beat them, they move us to a harder venue.

Sorry mate...I get it now. Getting old I think - need things spelt out to me these days ! ;)

Reply #39
Yeah - nothing to do with their on field success ::)

They made the Tassie move before winning the multiple premierships Brettie.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #40
Actually.. you are wrong.. It is bad luck for the opposition, as shown by the fact Cats are getting the games they ask for, including Richmond last year.
But nice try

I reckon you might live in or around Geelong. If so, this disqualifies you from any rational argument you think you may have. Be careful. You may start growing whiskers.  ;)

Reply #41
But nice try

Not wrong at all. You make a profession of it though.

Reply #42
I reckon you might live in or around Geelong. If so, this disqualifies you from any rational argument you think you may have. Be careful. You may start growing whiskers.  ;)

I live in Geelong but also believe, like yourself, you don't play big sides there unless you can fit opposition supporters in as well. Despite living there it'd unlikely i'd be getting in, like the Richmond supporters found last year

On another matter, we have 4 Friday night games this year.

Reply #44
They made the Tassie move before winning the multiple premierships Brettie.

So we're playing a home game whereby 2 other teams have already established home bases......can someone please explain the logic in that??? Do I get a discount on my home game reserved-seat membership, seeing as I have no intention whatsoever of attending that particular game?

What a crap decision by the Club......worked a treat when we last did this against Freo up at the Gabba......FMD......
Football is life, there is nothing else....