Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Medal 2020 AFL Rd 3: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 1809 times) previous topic - next topic

Jim Park Medal 2020 AFL Rd 3: Carlton vs Geelong

This Saturday night the mayhem occurs, down at the Cattery.
Remember:
[1] 15 votes in total
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player (even Cripps)
[3] Three players at least must get a mention.
[4] A grade for the game, A+ (what I want to see) to F-.

We were not on free to air, which I find incredible. But at least I saw the game on Kayo. We are really dudded when it comes to TV.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Jim Park Medal 2020 AFL Rd 3: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #1
Team A (for 3 quarters)

5 Betts
2 Docherty
2 Cripps
2 Casboult
1 Weitering
1 Martin
1 Pittonet
1 Gibbons

Reply #2
Team A-
3: Pittonet
3: Weitering
3: Casboult
2: Cripps
2: Betts
1: Docherty
1: Gibbons

Reply #3
Team A-

3 Betts
3 Pittonet
2 Cripps
2  Weitering
2 Docherty
2 Casboult
1 Gibbons
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #4
Team:   B+
I can’t give an A, as we ran out of gas badly. But the first 3 quarters were as good as anyone has played in years. Especially in less than optimum conditions.

Votes:
[2.5]   Patrick Cripps
[1.5]   Marc Pittonet
[1.5]   Jack Martin
[1.5]   Sam Docherty
[1.5]   Michael Gibbons
[1.5]   Jacob Weitering
[1]   Liam Jones
[1]   Eddie Betts
[1]   Ed Curnow
[1]   Levi Casboult
[0.5]   Sam Walsh
[0.5]   Sam Petrevski-Seton

Explanations:
The problem with such a strong team performance is that there aren’t enough votes to really Illustrate the worth of the performance. Our ranking system does help a lot, but …
[2.5]   Patrick Cripps:   Crippa was Crippa, 12 clearances, 24 possessions, 2 goals: where do you stop? A real captain’s effort.
[1.5]   Marc Pittonet:   Probably the best game this bloke has ever played. He rucked well and gave us an advantage in the centre. He rucked very intelligently as well, making the rucks play on his terms.
[1.5]   Jack Martin:   18 possessions and time in the midfield, Jack was excellent. His pace and disposal were highlights and made our clearance work so much more effective.
[1.5]   Sam Docherty:   Like Cripps, Doc put in a Captain’s game, getting a lot of the ball and giving us great run from defence.
[1.5]   Michael Gibbons:   For 3 quarters this was Gibbons best ever game, but Gibbo did tire in the last quarter. His work at the clearances was excellent and his desire for the ball exactly what we needed.
[1.5]   Jacob Weitering:   Dominated his position for the 3ed week in a row. Unfortunately, he had a few goals kicked against him for the first time this season. Very solid in defence.
[1]   Liam Jones:   Like Weitering, Jones dominated his position and his opponent all night. He didn’t attack as much as he can do, and he didn’t try for many marks (it was difficult in the conditions), but his work made sure that there were very few Geelong marks in the forward 50.
[1]   Eddie Betts:   Eddie is slowing down, no doubt. We might only get 1 season from him. But at times like this you understand his value. He was a general in the forward line, he made goals and he did that little bit extra that helped us win.
[1]   Ed Curnow:   A fine defensive job. Invaluable in the midfield.
[1]   Levi Casboult:   Easily the best tall forward on the ground, Levi marked the ball like it was a dry day. His kicking was excellent.
[0.5]   Sam Walsh:   Not as prolific as last year as yet, but still a fine performance.
[0.5]   Sam Petrevski-Seton:   I’ve mentioned elsewhere that SPS was very solid in his defensive role this week. But I would like to see him run off his man more.

Honourable Mentions:
Mitch McGovern:   The Gov may have had less of the ball than any of our players, but he was always a marking threat. His hands were good, his kicking was good, and his decisions were good. There have been games when he has had much more of the ball and been of much less value. It would have been good if we’d been able to find him more, especially late.
Tom Williamson:   Willo had a solid game back after his back issues. He made one mistake, which ended in a goal for them, but he returned the favour soon afterwards. He will be better for the run.
Will Setterfield:   for 3 quarters Setters did a good defensive job. He had 6 tackles and he went through the midfield. But he didn’t get much of the ball and he really needs to. An improvement over what he has been doing, but if he had has to produce more.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Team A-
5: Betts
4: Cripps
3: Curnow
2: Pittonet
1: Casboult

Reply #6
Team B

4 Weitering
3 Casboult
3 Cripps
2 Pittonet
2 Betts
1 Gibbons

Lots of players deserved a vote this week, very even team effort. Early on Weitering, Cripps and Casboult were very dominant. Martin, Ed and Murphy unlucky not to get a vote. Pittonet gave a 4 Qtr effort and probably his best ever game, did what I expected a full-time ruckmen to do playing against KPP converts. Setterfield was quite good working inside against the likes of Selwood and Dangerfield. McGovern 300% better this week, imagine if he gets it a dozen times a game?

At the end is was old heads like Betts, Murphy and Simmo that kept us in the game, the rest were a bit unsteady. They will all be better for this result.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
Team B

4 Betts - The old dog still has a few tricks
2 Cripps - Solid without dominating.
2 Casboult - Very good game by Levi
1 Docherty - Think he's just about ready to dominate a game
1 Weitering - Would be leading the B&F.
1 Martin - Wrapped with this bloke
1 Pittonet - BIG surprise packet of the year
1 Gibbons - First half was very good. Needs to play out 4 quarters
1 Jones - Mr underrated.
1 Curnow - Gets the job done. Mr consistent

Reply #8
Team. A

4. Pittonet
4. Weitering
2. Betts
1. Cripps
1. Gibbons
1. Casboult
1. Martin
1. Curnow
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #9
Team. A

Perfect way to support Eddie's call out on racism. The ultimate way to celebrate Jack Martin's 100th 💙

4. Betts
2. Weitering
2. Jones
2. Pitto
1. Cripps
1. Gibbons
1. Casboult
1. Martin
1. Curnow

HM Murphy, Samo, Doc, McGovern
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #10
Team B (would have been A but that last qtr... !!!)

3 - Cripps

2 - Betts

2 - Curnow

2 - Docherty

2 - Gibbons

1 - Casboult

1 - Martin

1 - Pittonet

1- Weitering

HM: Jones, Walsh.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11
Team ---   A+

To win down there, last quarter fade out notwithstanding, is outstanding.

3 - Cripps

3 - Betts

3 - Pitto

2 - Levi

2 -  Jack M.

1 - Gibbo

1 - Weiters

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #12
Team = A

2 - Cripps

2 - Betts

2 - Casboult

2 - Martin

1 - Curnow

1 - Docherty

1 - Gibbons

1 - Pittonet

1 - Weitering

1 - Jones

1 - Murphy

Reply #13
Team: B (A+ for 3 quarters, C- for the last)

5 - Weitering
4 - Cripps
3 - Casboult
2 - Pittonet
1 - Gibbons

Docherty and Curnow were stiff to miss out and  my heart wanted to fit Eddie in :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14
 ;D
Team : B+

5 - Pittonet
4 - Weitering
3 - Cripps
2 - Casboult
1 - Betts