Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Party!: AFL 2020 Rd 3: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 11578 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Party!: AFL 2020 Rd 3: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #15
That @#%$! for 16 min qtrs. That was nerve racking.

Reply #16
Getting tired of the umpiring fraternity bending over backwards to accede to the constant pleading of Dangerflog, the bald brat and the turtle.   Whenever they're in trouble,  they pluck one out of nowhere to appease those Muppets.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #17
Elwood picked it!

Rapt we won and played the best 3 quarters I’ve seen us for over a decade in kicking into the F50.

Pittonet palm downs were Harry madden like. He can play. No doubt about it. Early days I know but great replacement for Kruezer. Ruck work is great and is more then handy around the ball. Like what I’ve seen after quarter time last week.

I’m a plowman fan but FMD when the game gets close he just seems to be the one that teams go thru to score. Always makes me the most nervous.

The lack of midfield senior bodies nearly cost us the game. We needed more senior runners thru the corridor as cats were just running past us as we stopped like were shot in the last.

Martin is a nice pickup and Im happy to admit I was wrong about him. He is better then I thought. He’s composed and puts hes head over it when he has too which is a great sign.  Has added some real class and pace to our midfield. Hopefully will get better as the year goes on.

Well done boys. Nice win.

Now follow it up next week 

Agree with all of that but one thing. We're not sure about a next week yet given it's Essendon...lol.

Reply #18
Relieved that wasn’t the nightmare it threatened to be

Loved Pittonet, Casboult, Eddie, Martin, Weitering, Cripps, Doc and Gibbons tonight. And well done to Williamson on a solid return.

On the flip side we need a hell of a lot more from McKay, Samo, Setterfield, Silvagni, McGovern ...

Newnes & Plowman make me nervous and the latter’s last quarter was a disaster

we’ve played 3 quarters three weeks in row now and we need to find out why!

Reply #19
Levi will take over from Rocca as McKay's kicking coach..lol.

Reply #20
Relieved that wasn’t the nightmare it threatened to be

Loved Pittonet, Casboult, Eddie, Martin, Weitering, Cripps, Doc and Gibbons tonight. And well done to Williamson on a solid return.

On the flip side we need a hell of a lot more from McKay, Samo, Setterfield, Silvagni, McGovern ...

Newnes & Plowman make me nervous and the latter’s last quarter was a disaster

we’ve played 3 quarters three weeks in row now and we need to find out why!

Last week we bludged the first qtr so had plenty left at the end. This week we hammered the first 3 qtrs and ran ourselves into the ground, so had nothing left. Not to mention a touch of nervousness too. Geelong often finish like trains when in trouble.

Reply #21
Yup I got it very wrong, called it  a bad loss, my bad.
Great effort by the boys, yes we were very lucky and Martin and Eddie in crucial moments were just superb today. Hope the positive momentum continues.

Reply #22
Loved the work off Pitto. Great to have a ruckman who palms it off.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #23
Heart in my mouth for the 2nd half 😦

As MM said "1 point is 4 points". I say anything less than 7 points is a heart attack 🥴

We came to play from the first bounce and did just enough to hold off a strong finishing quality side.

Pitto might be our new poster boy. Played a blaster against more experienced ruckman.

Last week we were the better side, bar a couple of fixable errors. Tonight we fixed the q1 nap and now we're singing the song. Don't give up on the Teague train folks. It's building up steam.

Crikey. I need to catch my breath. Also need to wet my whistle.

Can't wait to see post match whinging pudding face 😈

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #24
Pittonet runs at the ball at the centre bounce rather than looking at the other guy like Krooze does too often. He’s also the first ‘mean’ ruckman we’ve had since Wow Jones!

Reply #25

I’m a plowman fan but FMD when the game gets close he just seems to be the one that teams go thru to score. Always makes me the most nervous.

Plowman plays nervous and is inclined to panic.

Reply #26
It must have been a difficult week for our boys with the racial attack on Eddie.
How powerful is it to then come out and play with such G & D. On Jack Martin's 100th no less, and led by our leaders Doc, Crippa, and Eddie himself.

It looked like it meant something to them from the first bounce on. There's always going to be room for improvement, but I thought the boys fought it out as a unified force. Best way to silence the naysayers and the racist comments.

So satisfying beating the whinging cats at the private cattery.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #27
A couple of the old boys reminiscing

Reply #28
Did SPS have the job Ablett? If so, he did a great job.

Reply #29
First win down there since 1996, the year after our last premiership. Sure, there was no crowd, but the shape of that ground has given them a huge advantage over a long time. This was a great win - no bones about it.
Other thoughts:
Weiters and Jones are just so solid now - to have that back half spine is gold.
Samo, Setters, Jack - not much from them. I believe it's there, but they're way behind my expectations in terms of consistency.
Eddie - he's a little slower, he may not kick a bag, but my god he's clever and he knows when and where to go more than anyone. The little set-ups, that kick forward, then the tackle - we don't have anyone else who can do that.
Martin - he won't kick 3 or 4 every game, but what a pick up. Versatile, aggressive, classy and a leader.
McGovern - we probably expect too much of him. He can change a game with a couple of marks and couple of kicks. Two goals tonight - one was a ripper. He's dangerous enough to draw attention. Maybe that's enough.
Walsh - a huge year for him. Seems to be finding it a bit harder at the moment, but I sense he'll get through it for the better.
Edit - Daisy - we miss him. He would have been the perfect player to slow the tempo in the last.
Edit - Gibbo - should never be left out of the side again. He wants it more than anyone and it shows.