Skip to main content
Topic: What's Eating Andrew Carrazzo? (Read 8072 times) previous topic - next topic

What's Eating Andrew Carrazzo?

Yes, Carrots missed a huge chunk of the season (8 weeks?) but he is in ordinary form and from memory, he had a full preseason but was in just as bad form to begin the year.

Found himself with a red vest on last night - this is quite a fall from grace after being the best one-on-one player in the game. Is it missing out on the captaincy? Is it the triplets? Is it Cachia taking part of his role?

Whatever the problem, I just don't see us being a good side without significant input from Andy.

Re: What's Eating Andrew Carrazzo?

Reply #1
I've often wondered how Carrazzo will find a gig in the side as there always seems to be someone better than him playing in the role he has become accustomed too. Whether that was early days in the back pocket, to him becoming a tagger, to his time as a ball magnet, to a part time forward.

Every time i doubt his ability to fit into the team, he reinvents himself...and usually becomes a better player than he was before.

He is getting on in years and the calf is the old mans injury. After the game he did look to have a slight limp. Hopefully he can get himself back fit and firing from here.

Reply #2
must be his beard....only explanation.

Reply #3
Took Simpson about 8 weeks to adjust to the job the new coach required. Carazzo has been out of action for week, restricted with a leg injury and is now trying to make up some fitness.

Just have to bide out time I think.

Reply #4
I've often wondered how Carrazzo will find a gig in the side as there always seems to be someone better than him playing in the role he has become accustomed too. Whether that was early days in the back pocket, to him becoming a tagger, to his time as a ball magnet, to a part time forward.

Every time i doubt his ability to fit into the team, he reinvents himself...and usually becomes a better player than he was before.

He is getting on in years and the calf is the old mans injury. After the game he did look to have a slight limp. Hopefully he can get himself back fit and firing from here.
We play some of our best footy with Carrots up and going, so I hope to see him get back to form soon.
To be honest, I would have brought him back through the Baby Blues. Not only would he have got match confidence, the Blues would have an effective midfielder (for a change). Carrots would have got a fair bit of the ball and would have come back with a little less rust on board.
However, it doesn't look like the way he has come in has been successful.

If he is having more calf issues, give him a week off and bring him back via the Baby Blues.

On top of that, the games he missed meant he didn't evolve to fit Malthouse's style quite so much. Some of the guys haven't yet found their place, while Simmo took 7 - 8 games. Carrots wasn't going to fit seamlessly in overnight.
We are going to need him soon enough: time to get him into form in the next month or so. After that and we will have to wait until next year.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Baby Blues had a bye this weekend, so it was good to give him a run...even for half a game.
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #6
Lacking match practice  and fitness IMO........bit more pressure on him with Cachia and Curnow tagging well and I still think his nose was out of joint after being passed over for captain and his intensity hasnt been there since.

Reply #7
Give him a few games and he should bounce back. A player of his ability and intelligence would understand what needs to be done for the teams benefit. I'm sure he knows he isn't bigger than the club and will come good soon.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #8
Not as young as he used to be! Getting touch back will take a little longer than in the past. Any worry about his form, I reckon, is a storm in an A cup. He'll be better for the run... might need to be the Sub next time, but it won't be long until he regains form and reputation as one of the best blanketers who also gets plenty of the nut himself.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #9
Carrots is fine, we waited 3 months for Simmo to come good so let's cut him some slack.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #10
Cannot see Carrots form as being anything of a concern, it is normal when coming back from injury to be below par. The reality is that the if the rest of the club was playing well, he would be able to slot back into the side for a few 1/2 games off the pine and nobody would be saying anything.

There are a list of 15 or more players I would be worried about above Carrots just at the moment.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #11

Carrazzo actually changed all those roles because he was considered too good to be doing what he was doing, not because he was replaced by someone better.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #12
He's just underdone, the problem is magnified because Murphy is far from his best too.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #13
He's just underdone, the problem is magnified because Murphy is far from his best too.

Actually if you put it in context, with Murph and Carrots running below par and Judd running into some form it may not belong before we are back firing on all cylinders in the midfield. Add to this the emergence of Cachia and Curnow while Maclean continues to provide a presence and who knows what may come.
IN WADA WE TRUST