Skip to main content
Topic: Blues V Cats - Pre Game - Round 12 (Read 39096 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues V Cats - Pre Game - Round 12

Reply #45
Hmmmm.....surely there would be a shots at goal stat somewhere? Perhaps not though.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #46
I was at the Melbourne game, we couldn't hit the side of a barn that day, it was almost comical.
I reckon we missed 8 set shots within 40 metres and a 45 degree arc of the goals, Gibbs missed two sitters on the run and so did Yarran.
Never give a sucker an even break, and we gifted that game to Melbourne.
In fairness though Adelaide kicked themselves out of the game the week before last, they had plenty of chances to put us away.
If we have a good crack this week and kick straight we could get close, two or three goals, if we play like we did last weekend we'll get pulverised.
I reckon they should play Cachia, he's having a dip in the seconds and he gives a crap.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #47
Well, we can't fix the umpires, but we can fix the kicking at goal. We need to: it is one of the few skills that has not improved since the 1970's.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #48
Not sure on the Walker and Armfield injuries.

I'd like Graham in along with Johnson given a go.

Ellard out injured and I'd drop Robinson.

Reply #49
What about that Reynolds kid with the racking left foot, can they try him or is there no spot for him? Saw some highlights of him, nice mover and kicks the footy beautifly.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #50
Did we even miss Walker's incompetence last week? I'd be looking to trade at year's end whilst he still has some value. Who knows, some club may be dumb enough to give an early second rounder for him. Or we could just move him out of defence........
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #51
Did we even miss Walker's incompetence last week? I'd be looking to trade at year's end whilst he still has some value. Who knows, some club may be dumb enough to give an early second rounder for him. Or we could just move him out of defence........

I want Walker back in the forward line.

Reckon we can do that now.

Reply #52
Hopefully Carlton can fire up and 'Do it for Josh'....... ;)
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #53
Graham for either Mclean or Carrazzo.    permanently, barring injuries

Reply #54
Walker forward as I've been saying for a while. Get him out of the backline!

Wouldn't mind Walker and Blaine Johnson to join Henderson, Casboult and Menzel forward with Yarran in and out.

In - Walker, Graham, Johnson
Out - Ellard (inj), Robinson, Waite/Carrazzo

Reply #56
You're either rebuilding or not rebuilding Mick, you've got blokes like Graham racking up 30 touches in the twos and he's not ready? Can this guy contradict himself any more?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #57
Could just be the public message but I would rather 10 games into a kid than someone who isn't going to be around for our next flag.

Guess we're back to the old "Carlton don't rebuild" mentality.

Reply #58
Mick is a bit delusional if he thinks we can still make finals...I dont see the point in playing deckchairs with proven  duds who have no future.
No one is saying play kids on mass but when you promote the likes of Blaine Johnson to the senior list  then he must have shown something to warrant that promotion? Why not play him?...

Mick was quick to teminate the careers of Lockyer, Obree etc but seems less inclined to promote youth at Carlton.....

Reply #59
Yes,  play the kids,  but they need to be ready to play.  No use throwing them into the fire if they are not ready.  Could just set them back