Skip to main content
Topic: Blues V Cats - Pre Game - Round 12 (Read 39097 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues V Cats - Pre Game - Round 12

Reply #60
If anyone deserves a gig, it has to be Graham.  Most consistent player for NB.   Needs an extended run in the seniors to show his worth

Reply #61
You're either rebuilding or not rebuilding Mick, you've got blokes like Graham racking up 30 touches in the twos and he's not ready? Can this guy contradict himself any more?

Racking up thirty touches in the VFL is great, but kicking into your opponent on 1 in every 3 kicks is not going to achieve a lot to get you promoted.

Someone once stated if you go out there with the intention to secure a statistical achievement, you can achieve it and easily but it wont necessarily help your teams fortunes.  Nick appears to be getting a lot of ball, turning it over as much, and not hurting the opposition with it.

So what part of that warrants getting a game aside from promoting someone who is furthering their own cause rather than the teams?  The contrast would be Buckley.  Wasn't dominating VFL, but was having positive involvements frequently and this translated to positive senior football.

We know you don't like Mick, but comments like this just make you sound like you have a barrow to push against him. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #62
Typical Carlton will have the team turning up to this game full of energy and desperation and leave you scratching your head about last week.

Reply #63
You're either rebuilding or not rebuilding Mick, you've got blokes like Graham racking up 30 touches in the twos and he's not ready? Can this guy contradict himself any more?

Racking up thirty touches in the VFL is great, but kicking into your opponent on 1 in every 3 kicks is not going to achieve a lot to get you promoted.

Someone once stated if you go out there with the intention to secure a statistical achievement, you can achieve it and easily but it wont necessarily help your teams fortunes.  Nick appears to be getting a lot of ball, turning it over as much, and not hurting the opposition with it.

So what part of that warrants getting a game aside from promoting someone who is furthering their own cause rather than the teams?  The contrast would be Buckley.  Wasn't dominating VFL, but was having positive involvements frequently and this translated to positive senior football.

We know you don't like Mick, but comments like this just make you sound like you have a barrow to push against him.

So.  What you are saying is that Graham does not deserve a game cos he is innefective by foot.  

If that is the case then,  Casboult, Walker, Carrazzo and every other player who does not hit target on regular basis should not be playing either. 

Graham deserves his chance.

Reply #64

Sounds like Andrew Carrazzo circa 2004. How did he turn out?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #65

Sounds like Andrew Carrazzo circa 2004. How did he turn out?

Long bow there. Carrazzo from the get-go went in hard and was an impressive athlete... Nick aint anywhere near even that at this stage. That's not to say he can't or won't improve but there are deficiencies in his game which must be ironed out in the twos. No point promoting blokes just for the sake of it... that really roots your culture and morale. Every bloke should EARN a promotion.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #66
BS, 30 possessions suggests you are ready for first team football no matter what spin you put on it, especially when the senior side is playing like a bottom four outfit. Give the kid a chance to show us what he's got.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #67
I have decided that I want nothing more in this world than to win the next 2 games. I will give up my left nut for them. What are the boys prepared to do?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #68

So.  What you are saying is that Graham does not deserve a game cos he is innefective by foot.  

If that is the case then,  Casboult, Walker, Carrazzo and every other player who does not hit target on regular basis should not be playing either. 

No that's not what I'm saying.

We need to promote an environment that encourages healthy competition for places in the senior team, by having positive involvements irrespective of how many possessions or tackles or any other statistic says.

@Carrots, the timing of Carrazzo's run in our team was very different. We were short on talent, had suffered our sanctions and it's best we don't use this period in our history to determine anything.

When Graham is ready he will get a game, and likewise someone not performing will be pushed out for it.

We need to promote a learning environment that matches the top sides. 

Paul Hewson

Reply #69
Errr Thry, you've been bleating on about how little talent our list has haven't you? Regardless cop out comments like 'let's not refer to this part of our history' mean absolutely nothing. When you're losing to bottom four teams and you have a guy racking up consistent stats in the twos you give him a go, and I'm not talking about the green vest and 25 minutes football either.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #70

No that's not what I'm saying.

We need to promote an environment that encourages healthy competition for places in the senior team, by having positive involvements irrespective of how many possessions or tackles or any other statistic says.

@Carrots, the timing of Carrazzo's run in our team was very different. We were short on talent, had suffered our sanctions and it's best we don't use this period in our history to determine anything.

When Graham is ready he will get a game, and likewise someone not performing will be pushed out for it.

We need to promote a learning environment that matches the top sides.

I think that Graham deservrs his chance over Mclean and Carrazzo,  bth of whom are on limited time at the club

Reply #71
MacLean has been in the better players in our wins this year, there is still a role for him.... but there are also games where he is a serious liability.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #72
Errr Thry, you've been bleating on about how little talent our list has haven't you? Regardless cop out comments like 'let's not refer to this part of our history' mean absolutely nothing. When you're losing to bottom four teams and you have a guy racking up consistent stats in the twos you give him a go, and I'm not talking about the green vest and 25 minutes football either.

No, unfortunately you are misquoting me again Carrots.  I don't think we are talentless, just like I never said the list was shizen.  The list is deficient, but that doesnt mean its void of talent.

Another racking up consistent stats in the twos is Cachia and from what little I have seen he probably has earned a game prior to Graham simply because he is more effective but that doesnt mean a lot right now.

He may very well start getting opportunities, but it's not exactly to do with what he is doing and more to do with what others are not doing.  I would have hoped we would have a more competitive environment regarding spots by now, but unfortunately we just dont have enough competitive beasts at our club.

Paul Hewson

Reply #73
Players like Cachia cant compete vs the talented mids from other teams, we need to develop our own weapons rather than trying to negate other teams better mids every week.
It reeks of Libba senior, Romero and Dimmatina from the Bulldogs old glory days of tagging on mass........I'd rather play Graham and develop an attacking player...

The only reason to play negative types like Cachia would be to release an attacking player like Dylan Buckley further up the ground....

Reply #74

No, unfortunately you are misquoting me again Carrots.  I don't think we are talentless, just like I never said the list was shizen.  The list is deficient, but that doesnt mean its void of talent.

Same thing, you say the list is no good hence the reason mick needs to clean it out and that's the reason we are performing poorly. Deficient, not enough talent, whichever way you want to spin it (and lets' face it you have spun bigitme on this one) it all means the same thing, the players aren't good enough, which you keep saying over and over again as an excuse for mick. Don't make me go back and quote you. In fact, just having a look, you have spent the whole year blaming everything on our list, everything! You've gone on about Mick turning over the list and us getting nowhere until he does. Yet you now say we shouldn't be giving the youth a go and should stick with what we have. LMFAO!

So if the players are no good there is absolutely room to give Graham a go, you yourself have said it re the players, so stop contradicting yourself and moving the goal posts to forever protect Mick.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!