Skip to main content
Topic: Jamo declares Hendo a Star (Read 8748 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Jamo declares Hendo a Star

Reply #15
[urlhttp://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2013-07-16/jamison-declares-hendo-our-most-important][/url]

Lachie Henderson has become Carlton's most important player and the equal of any swingman in the AFL, teammate Michael Jamison says.

The 23-year-old had previously been thrown forward only occasionally mid-match this season, most effectively in the narrow round seven loss to the Saints when he kicked three final-quarter goals to give the Blues a chance of victory.

Swingmen have become must-have players following the success of other defenders-turned-forwards like Geelong's Harry Taylor, Essendon's Jake Carlisle and Collingwood's Ben Reid.

Blues full-back Jamison, who has formed a strong defensive combination with Henderson this season, believes his mate deserves to be regarded as highly as that prized trio.

I agree with Jamo and also wonder why PI2C has a completely empty glass. have you given up all hope already. Never saw an empty glass in the past. Not even during our worst parts of last season.

Henderson is a great forward who can play in the back 50m. I actually think he is a better forward than a defender. Can be used both ends and it would be handy to turn Rowe into the same or find another Henderson.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #16
I have to have a chuckle whenever I think about what the Lion's supporters must be thinking about that trade. The better Hendo gets the more pain they must endure,ditto Voss.

A troll on their forum could have a field day. :D

Even if Fev was still kicking around scoring 40-50 goals a year for the lions, we are still the winners out of that trade. Hendo is a star...and Lucas is a fair set of steak knives.

Reply #17
I have to have a chuckle whenever I think about what the Lion's supporters must be thinking about that trade. The better Hendo gets the more pain they must endure,ditto Voss.

A troll on their forum could have a field day. :D

Even if Fev was still kicking around scoring 40-50 goals a year for the lions, we are still the winners out of that trade. Hendo is a star...and Lucas is a fair set of steak knives.

I reckon Fev could comfortably kick 50 for the Blues in 2014 - all for $75k or less!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #18
Time to bite the 'one ounce piece of lead' and keep Hendo up forward PROVIDED he has the kind of tall/hard support as offered by Rowey (last Saturday night). On his (Hendo) patmalone he won't cut it, yet. But with strong and dangerous 'tall' support... job done. A resting Kreuz is also a big headache for opposition coaches and defenders.

No point holding the opposition to 11 goals if you can only kick 9. Never underestimate the impact measured offensive pressure/scoreboard pressure can do to unnerve the opposition.

McInnes has given more to our backline than his understated demeanour might suggest.

If the Kangabies (or is that the Wallaroos?) have a slow tall this Friday night, then Watson is the dude.

Still like to trial Hammer as a tall/mobile defender.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #19
No point holding the opposition to 11 goals if you can only kick 9. Never underestimate the impact measured offensive pressure/scoreboard pressure can do to unnerve the opposition.

Happy to go back to Ratts' philosophies now he's gone? :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!