Skip to main content
Topic: Baby Blues vs Willi: Last VFL game on Tv for the year? (Read 15876 times) previous topic - next topic

Baby Blues vs Willi: Last VFL game on Tv for the year?

Nothing is certain in the world of TV, but at the moment there is only 1 game set for Saturday 24th August at around 1:00 PM, and that is the Baby Blues vs. Williamstown at Willi.
That is the afternoon of the Essendon game, so hopefully a few enthusiastic Blues can get down to the ground.

It doesn't look like I will be able to make it, but I will follow closely on the box.

In advance, thank you to all of you who could make it to the games this year and given us a report: it has been a pleasure to read the information from people who are there, even when the reports are not as positive as I could hope.

Thank you also to Matt Lodge and co for the game information from twitter. This has been an excellent service this year. I have found it extremely informative and helpful.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Last VFL game on Tv for the year

Reply #1
Thank you also to Matt Lodge and co for the game information from twitter. This has been an excellent service this year. I have found it extremely informative and helpful.

+1

The club is doing better in this area.  Credit to them and Matt.   As you said Crash it's a great help for people that can't get to games.

Reply #2
here we go: we win and we play finals, we lose and we probably won't.

Williamstown vs. Northern Blues
Saturday 24th August
Burbank Oval at 1:10PM

Williamstown
B: Pearce Markovic Symes*
HB: Lockwood Talia Tutt
C: MacRae Jolley Prismall
HF: Anastasio Addison Carr
F: Hrovat Cordy Hunter
R: C. Wood McNamara Wheeler
Int: Howard Charleston Jong McCallum Masters Veszpremi Jones Casley Greenwood Roberts E. Wood Sing Johnstone

Northern Blues
B: Davies Bootsma Duigan
HB: McDonald McCarthy Joseph
C: O'Keeffe Lambert A. Gianfagna
HF: Garlett Rowe Lucas
F: Dale Laidler Temay
R: Meese Cachia Ellard
Int: Ballard Dufficy Dorman Thomas D. Watson* Lincoln Posar Wilson Marcon
The Willi team looks inordinately strong. Hopefully the lads will find some spirit and show us that we deserve to be in the finals.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Development team not posted at this time. If it becomes available, I will stick it up here.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Baby Blues vs Willi: Last VFL game on Tv for the year?

Reply #4
tks

Reply #5
Luke Mitchell has lined up in the Northern Blues development team. Papers stamped?

"Mitchell starts with a solid first quarter. 2 great contested clunks on the lead, 1 leading to a lovely goal from 35 out." - Matt Lodge
Blue boy born 'n' raised.
Reppin' the navy since '95.

Reply #6
Luke Mitchell has lined up in the Northern Blues development team. Papers stamped?

"Mitchell starts with a solid first quarter. 2 great contested clunks on the lead, 1 leading to a lovely goal from 35 out." - Matt Lodge
I can't see him with us next year. He has gone so far backwards it is not funny.
Still hope he has a good game for the Baby Blues 2's.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
Matt Lodge's description of Luke Mitchell's game after every quarter.

Mitchell quieter that quarter, but the boys looking for him most times. Battling a regular 2 on 1 but created 2 goals.

Mitchell again looming large but only able to muster a couple of touches that quarter:  6 touches, 3 marks and a goal.

Game over. @NBluesFC development lose by 27 points. Just the 1 goal for Mitchell, tough second half with not many opportunities.

turns out he quietened down after a decent first quarter. on this form it would take a miracle for him to stay on the list next year.

Reply #8
Watching this game on the tube.  Explains a lot about our senior boys strategy of long bomb to the forward line  ::). Just comes straight back out.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #9
Northern Blues looking Sub Par.

Reply #10
Watching this game on the tube.  Explains a lot about our senior boys strategy of long bomb to the forward line  ::). Just comes straight back out.
Just grabbed the laptop to post the same thing. We need to get better at hitting players in space. The hack kick is a feature in both the 1's and the 2's.

Also, watching McCarthy move and play is like watching that "Embarrasing Bodies" TV show. You cover your eyes half the time and cringe the other half.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
Are all the Carlton emergencies playing?

Ellard, Joseph and Duigan?

Reply #13

ellard is playing, joseph late withdrawal (illness), duigan held over for tonights match.

also noted that cachia was helped from the ground late in the quarter, anyone have any news?

Reply #14

ellard is playing, joseph late withdrawal (illness), duigan held over for tonights match.

also noted that cachia was helped from the ground late in the quarter, anyone have any news?
Back out there and is ok (physically).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time