Skip to main content
Topic: RD 7 : Blues V Giants (Pre-Match Pre-Amble) (Read 57623 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 7 : Blues V Giants (Pre-Match Pre-Amble)

Reply #15
Jones is a wingman, nothing more and nothing less, the sooner the club and the kid realise that the better off they will both be!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
IN- Kreuzer, Yarran, Simpson, Jamison,

Out - Jones, Whiley, Boekhorst, Walker
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #17
Hopefully Mick gets the arse so Graham gets a full game.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #18
Jones is a wingman, nothing more and nothing less, the sooner the club and the kid realise that the better off they will both be!

Interesting observation. Could be something in that. I watched the VFL grand final last year and Jones just about won the GF off his own performance and he seemed to be roaming all over the shop.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #19

Too slow, not agile enough, not enough endurance and doesn't hold enough marks to be a wingman.

I'd try him in the backline . . . in the NBs.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
Surely it's time to drop some "name" players?

Gibbs and Walker have done SFA.

It's too easy dropping the usual suspects.

Reply #21

I think we may have reached that point JH. Otherwise it's maybe just a case of repeatedly shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22

Gibbs had his best game for the year. He probably won't be dropped after that. But he does need to lift his game by a LONG way. He showed last year what he can do when his mind is right.
Walker is very ripe for dropping. He started well enough in his first game back, but has been getting steadily worse. he needs to get some responsibility, some confidence and some desire in his game.
Curnow probably saved himself. This was his best effort by a long way and more like the domination he had over his prey in previous years.

I would have started Thomas in the NB's. he is the one who has lacked match fitness and touch. He was OK, and will probably retain his spot, but there is considerable improvement required in his game.

Whiley and Smith will probably make way for Simpson and Carrazzo, who are both much better players at this point. I'd like to keep Graham in the seniors: he deserves a go. I'd even give him a go at the small forward role, one we are especially poor at presently.

Jones I've already discussed. He has had his arc. Time for the NB's.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #23
The point of my team changes was to get all of the young guys out of the seniors and into the seconds, kept safe there without the possibility of being corrupted by some of the imposters who strut around in the firsts.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #24
I thought Gibbs was pretty good.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #25

At what?
He was serviceable... for a 2nd year player maybe but for a B&F player of his caliber we demand so much more  :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #26

Cripps has shown better form and leadership qualities in his six games that Gibbs has shown in his whole career.  He is Carlton's Brendan Goddard.

Reply #27

Gibbs "unfortunately" did enough yesterday to avoid that but came back into the side way too early after injury and needs alot more time in the NBs. Then he needs to be put in his best position. We continue to play blokes in their worst positions.

Reply #28
I presume you mean Walker needs to go back to the NBs Jim?

Anyway, I think Gibbs needs a jolt. He is one of our senior and supposedly more talented players who needs to be leading the way for the young guys. Cruising along playing below your potential is a very bad example to be setting. He needs to be dropped until he can show his best a lot more consistently - playing your absolute best at all times is the message that needs to be sent to everyone and is a key one in developing our young guys.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #29
When I was a young bloke, I would come home hoarse from yelling at the footy.

Yesterday, I, together with my wife and my oldest son and our nearly 5 year old grandson, went to the game. It was his first ever game.
I came home, voice completely intact.

I did not raise a whimper throughout the whole game. My grandson sat on his seat like a 25 year old, cheering Carlton Goals. Then, when it looked like we were stuffed with about 10 minutes to go, he looked up at me and said, "I don't want to watch any more, can we go home"?

We actually stayed until the end.

In my more than 60 years of supporting this Club, I have never felt more dispirited about the prospects of any success in the near future, as I did yesterday, and today.

Yes, we have had a tough run since the salary cap breaches, fines and penalties. But I knew when that happened that it would take years to, dare I say it, "rebuild".

What we have now, is a President, passionate about the Club, but with no idea how to run it, supported, and I use the term loosely, by a Board that is divided within itself, and has got no clue how to get us out of this malaise.

What sort of message does a President think the players receive, when they are told after round two, "we are rebuilding"?

How many players are training through the week, and playing games, mentally shot because they have got no idea, whether they are contracted or not, if they have a future at this Club?

How can the Club plan for any future, if the players, the Club, the management and most importantly the supporters, have got no idea, who will coach the Club and who the coaching staff will be?

Under the conditions that I have detailed above, Why should Henderson or Kruezer re-sign with the Club? I wouldn't if I was them.

What I saw yesterday, disgusted me.

I happened to be sitting with like-minded Carlton  supporters, none of whom I knew.

They kept calling Gibbs, "the Princess". A name well deserved.
They said, that Murphy isn't a captains shoelace. Another term well deserved. ONE POSSESSION IN THE LAST QUARTER, AND GIBBS TWO!!
WE all admired Tom Bells work ethic. We admired Sam Docherty, and Touheys efforts, and YES, even though we all believe that Sam Rowe is a spud, in fact one bl;oke kept yelling out "go spud", we admired some of his efforts and remarked how he had improved over the last two weeks.

We loved Levi's efforts and commitment, and agreed that Liam Jones just doesn't have it.

We all agreed, that Clem Smith and  Bokehorst are out of their depth, and applauded the fact that the idiot who thought Bokehoerst was a great selection at pick 19, is gone.

We were very disappointed with Dylan Buckley, and Mark Whiley. Walker, was an absolute disgrace to the Jumper.

BUT WE LOVED, CRIPPS.

Most of all, we could not understand why Mick perseveres with a game plan, which insists that the players bring the ball around the boundary line, rather than take the game on and go up the centre of the ground.

At the end of the game, we noted that only 20,000 had bothered to turn up and that there were tumbleweeds blowing in the section where Carlton members would normally sit. 

I can't bring myself to go to another game. So I will sit at home and watch on Fox Footy.

I have never felt so bereft of hope about MY club, at anytime over the last 60 years, as I do now.

I await with great anticipation, the President,  the Board, the CEO,  SOMEONE, ANYONE in authority at the club, to call a press conference or send a letter to members giving us a clear unambiguous direction in which the Club is heading.

I have a feeling, it will be a long, long, wait. ??? ??? ???