Skip to main content
Topic: Round 9: Carlton vs. Sydney Post Game Pain (Read 62415 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 9: Carlton vs. Sydney Post Game Pain

Well, it is over and we lost. But it was not the shocker that it could have been.
We still have a LONG way to go before we will be truly competitive.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Round 9: Carlton vs. Sydney Post Game Pain

Reply #1
To take up from the in game thread, Hendo had an ordinary night. However, when you consider how we get the ball forward, we really don't give him a lot of opportunity.
To be honest, I'd play him in defence for a while to get some form. It has worked well for him in the past.
Unfortunately it leaves a forward line looking vacant. Levi isn't doing a lot and Jones is a waste of space.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Great effort, big improvement in intensity, with Gibbs, Murphy and Judd also improving in their intensity we finish a lot closer but without that class we were no match for the Swans.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3
Well, it is over and we lost. But it was not the shocker that it could have been.
We still have a LONG way to go before we will be truly competitive.

We've improved!!!! Got 11 pts closer to them than last year...lol!

No Murphy, Gibbs and Judd plus Hendo and Walker were underdone. Our run and flair has been destroyed by Malthouse. Takes weeks to get that going again. Without run you're going no-where. Tackle count was 64, so that was better. Under Mick there was no effort so that was at least alot better. Was hoping Barker could produce a miracle in 3 1/2 days....lol!

Poor Rowe, what a task. He worked so hard and didn't do badly but Buddy is gun and tough to stop when he's going with those opportunities.

Reply #4
Could have been a lot worse I guess but we had a real crack against a very good football side..............oops, just a minute, REBOOT.

Yep, I think most of our known problems were on display tonight but at least we know what they are and can start working on them. Fighting the game out to the end is great start.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5
Daisy was useless

Geez  750k for that....

Scandalous. ...

Reply #6
Daisy was useless

Geez  750k for that....

Scandalous. ...

If he cost 350k I'd find himself pretty useful, at 750k, well not so much.

Reply #7
Some of our problems:
[1] Jones: Doesn't work hard enough and never gets separation from his opponent. His tank is so small that it just isn't funny. He can barely create a 2nd effort even trying his best. Why did we recruit this guy?
[2] Tutt: He fumbles the ball under pressure. His opponents know it. Get him on the outside and he is a chance of doing something reasonable, but get him in traffic and he is an error waiting to happen.
[3] Rucks: We were smashed in the rucks but we have no options.
[4] Small Forwards: we have none. Where is a Betts or a Garlett now we need them?

I get frustrated sometimes. Hopefully we can change these structural issues now that we have a new coach. We improved our intensity and work rate. We improved our tackling. We are on the way up, but the top looks just so far away.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
Buddy kicked 7 and best on ground but interestingly Rowe would be close to our best player. Having said that he got "only" 4 on Rowe in 3 1/2 qtrs.

Reply #9
Unbelievable but Rowe after having 7 kicked on him is probably in our best three!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #10
Could have been a lot worse I guess but we had a real crack against a very good football side..............oops, just a minute, REBOOT.

Yep, I think most of our known problems were on display tonight but at least we know what they are and can start working on them. Fighting the game out to the end is great start.

Correct with a capital "C". We had no idea what was going on because the players really couldn't give a rats freckle. At least now that they showed some effort we see what needs to be done. Don't think SOS is not watching things even closer now. He will really see a few things in the next 6 weeks.

Murphy as spotted in the box and buried his head in his hands on a few mistakes by Cripps. I think he finally wants to see us win. Maybe tonight might turn a few things around. We just need a few more 1%'ers, spoils crunches and sheppards. Work on small things to build a system to improve. The side still looks a little lost in confidence. I am certain we are on the up from here.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #11
Correction Jimbo onlly 4.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #12
Daisy was useless

Geez  750k for that....

Scandalous. ...
Well, we took a risk and it didn't pay off. Time to recognize that he is never going to be a star again.
Fair enough. Getting rid of him isn't the answer. There is no way we can recoup our losses, either financially or recruiting wise. We simply have to persevere with him and get what we can out of him while his body is adequate.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #13
Some of our problems:
[1] Jones: Doesn't work hard enough and never gets separation from his opponent. His tank is so small that it just isn't funny. He can barely create a 2nd effort even trying his best. Why did we recruit this guy?
[2] Tutt: He fumbles the ball under pressure. His opponents know it. Get him on the outside and he is a chance of doing something reasonable, but get him in traffic and he is an error waiting to happen.
[3] Rucks: We were smashed in the rucks but we have no options.
[4] Small Forwards: we have none. Where is a Betts or a Garlett now we need them?

I get frustrated sometimes. Hopefully we can change these structural issues now that we have a new coach. We improved our intensity and work rate. We improved our tackling. We are on the way up, but the top looks just so far away.

All ticks there. We just must leave Jones out. He's awful.

Smashed in the ruck but won the clearances again. We're good at that part.

Reply #14
Well, we took a risk and it didn't pay off. Time to recognize that he is never going to be a star again.
Fair enough. Getting rid of him isn't the answer. There is no way we can recoup our losses, either financially or recruiting wise. We simply have to persevere with him and get what we can out of him while his body is adequate.

He always be decent if we look at it from a "non 750k" view. He just won't be great and live up to the dough he's getting and that's how he'll be judged. He does work hard. Essentially we bought a 400k footballer at best for 750k.