Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 Post Game Thread - Blues v Tigers  (Read 50017 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 15 Post Game Thread - Blues v Tigers

Reply #30
Who identifies players like Jason Tutt to

A. Get drafted in the first place
B. Get picked up again after being delisted.

My god he is terrible.

Reckon we are ok. 10-11 players could go tonight and we would be better.

Tutt, Everett, Wood, White, armfield, Curnow, Carrots  (retired)... Etc.

Need a crumbling forward (amazingly), and some
Key backs.

Missed Nick Graham around the contest.

Umpiring was god awful. Kruezer clean mark then 3 50/50
Kicks in a row leads to a tiger goal and game over.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #31
Injury issues tonight were genuine. It looked like it had an effect on our confidence. We looked for the boundary rather than the corridor. I am keen to see Sheehan and Byrne back in action. Something about them tells me they will be winners. Especially Byrne. I don't know what it is but I tell you it is there clear to see. We need Rowe back soon. We miss Judd tonight. He cut them a new one in the finals game we played against the Tigers. We are very shallow in the list department when injuries hit. Especially when players limp around during a game when things go wrong during a game.

We were down our 2 best mids in theory (Judd, Thomas). 2 best defenders (Rowe, and Jamo early in the 1st quarter). Had Murphy limp through the last quarter, and Gibbs having his left pec cause him to have no input of real use in the last quarter. White did have mobility issues after his hyperextension.

All this added to a list that is green without Betts, Waite, Garlett, Robinson, and McLean. One which has left last season, but we haven't replaced these key players just yet. I would love to see how the tigers go without Cotchin, Martin, Deledio, Riewoldt and a couple of players or 3 limping through a last quarter in their side.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #32
Henderson was weak and hopeless down forward

this. has become a spud. play him down back or drop him.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #33
Bloody well said Spanner, couldn't agree with you more.
We are definately one of if not the softest teams in the comp. It would not surprise me if Brycey boy has feigned his pec injury so he does not have to face the Hawks and Freo and embarrass himself with his soft c €$k game.
PS Pinning a guys arms and slinging him to the ground head first does not make you a tough player.

It does if you're Jay Schulz.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #34
Bloody well said Spanner, couldn't agree with you more.
We are definately one of if not the softest teams in the comp. It would not surprise me if Brycey boy has feigned his pec injury so he does not have to face the Hawks and Freo and embarrass himself with his soft c €$k game.
PS Pinning a guys arms and slinging him to the ground head first does not make you a tough player.
if we play tough the umps crucify us ???

Reply #35
Gibbs lead the tackle count and had clean hands all night. Far from our worst.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #36
Injury issues tonight were genuine. It looked like it had an effect on our confidence. We looked for the boundary rather than the corridor. I am keen to see Sheehan and Byrne back in action. Something about them tells me they will be winners. Especially Byrne. I don't know what it is but I tell you it is there clear to see. We need Rowe back soon. We miss Judd tonight. He cut them a new one in the finals game we played against the Tigers. We are very shallow in the list department when injuries hit. Especially when players limp around during a game when things go wrong during a game.

We were down our 2 best mids in theory (Judd, Thomas). 2 best defenders (Rowe, and Jamo early in the 1st quarter). Had Murphy limp through the last quarter, and Gibbs having his left pec cause him to have no input of real use in the last quarter. White did have mobility issues after his hyperextension.

All this added to a list that is green without Betts, Waite, Garlett, Robinson, and McLean. One which has left last season, but we haven't replaced these key players just yet. I would love to see how the tigers go without Cotchin, Martin, Deledio, Riewoldt and a couple of players or 3 limping through a last quarter in their side.
and Douhety

Reply #37
Gibbs lead the tackle count and had clean hands all night. Far from our worst.

Grigg had 25 disposals and 7 tackles...didnt rate his game much either....

Martin had 21 and 1 tackle...had way more impact IMO...

Reply #39
Can someone explain FA to me... Apparently higher clubs pinch players from lower postioned clubs, who get picks to help them rebuild.

So we lose our only true forward, who apparently wasn't worth any compensation....

Is it just me or is the AFL toying with us?
We didn't get compensation because we picked up Thomas through FA the same year, and they were deemed to be equally valuable. The joke is on us....

Reply #40
I'm so over this and sick of starting off my weekend having watched the crap they've dished up. Apart from Cripps, they're all tradeable as far as I'm concerned. A bigger pack of softco(cks you will not see in your lifetime. I'm officially embarrassed to be a supporter of this club.

A seriously fair weather supporter response to a loss. "A bigger pack of softcox"...great manner in which to categorize the young players trying to find their way such as Fields and Holman.  Murphy, Simpson, Kreuzer and Gibbs also could question their new found labels under your categorization. Richmond like it or not have taken the next step but we are not too far away if we can tweek our list correctly in the next draft period
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #43

Reckon we are ok. 10-11 players could go tonight and we would be better.
Tutt, Everett, Wood, White, armfield, Curnow, Carrots  (retired)... Etc.

Everitt, Armfield and Wood deserve a reprieve for their performances thus far this season. Praised when we win but crucified when we lose. Deserve a chance to redeem themselves after a loss.
Curnow and Carrots appear to be struggling big time and will probably be cut loose. Tutt is a never was.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #44
Horrible game to watch. The turn overs and poor disposal was so frustrating.

Menzel, 6 disposals, 1 kick & 2 tackles is just not good enough. If Tutt can run around and pick up 18 touches, then 6 from a supposedly more talented player is not good enough.

I agree with the commentators Hendo needs to play with more aggression.

Carrots had a shocker but he was not alone.

It's nice to see Rocca  is earning his keep teaching Casboult how to kick straight. Cas kicked a ripper from the centre square!

Holman was quiet and dare I say it I reckon we actually missed Graham out there.
Overall we need to clean up our disposal and some need to work much harder at contributing to the team.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!