Skip to main content
Topic: Round 20: Carlton vs Brisbane Post Game Pain (Read 35559 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 20: Carlton vs Brisbane Post Game Pain

Reply #120
If Watson wasn't so slow he would be a gun.

Is Weitering quick?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #121
If Watson wasn't so slow he would be a gun.

Is Weitering quick?

Weitering reminds me of SOS, if SOS had a kick like Ang Christou!

When you get a chance check out Weitering's hands, in both size and application they are extraordinary. When he clunks a mark he grabs the ball that strongly it sounds like some players trying to kick!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #123
Mate you have got so much wrong over time that I've let slide it's just not funny. In fact you have gotten pretty much everything wrong:

- you'll know we have i proved when Carrazzo and Sctoland can't get a game (my all time fav)

- let's take Leuenberger or Hansen over Gibbs

- Mick has improved this side (another ripper)

- getting rid of Robbo is great for culture

- let's not sack Mick

That's just off the top of my head. If you want to go on about hotcox style comments and getting it wrong all the time look no further than yourself. ;)

OK, its off the top of your head, so i'll let it slide that its a little bit inaccurate.

Let me explain (corrected statements in bold)....
1. If Scotland and Carrazzo are still in our best players every week (given we just drafted 3 pick #1 players, as well as other top 20 picks) then we will not be in a position to win a flag.
- Both won B+Fs and played out of their skin. However, our #1 picks have been hit and miss, yet still won 2 B+Fs between them, and we haven't had much else come through in terms of development. Now, remind me, how many flags have we won? How many times have we come close?? The comment was saying that they were players who were best 22, but not going to win you a flag or enough games off their own boot to get you in the position to win one. So...i was right.

2. I think we should take a KPP player, preferably Hansen, as our needs in that position far outweigh our needs for a Gibbs type player.
Keep in mind that i saw Gibbs absolutely dominate some under age games and was well aware of how good he was, and is. My issue was that he is essentially, a postionless player. Something that has been played out over his career to date. Only in the last 18 months have we 'found' his position - the midfield. Prior to that he was a spare parts man.
Alternatively, we still haven't found a genuine CHB, nor CHF (Gumby) which is still a priority. I'm not a scout, but i know what we need(ed). We still need it! IF all things were equal, i wanted a KPP before a HBF/mid type. All things were not equal and Gibbs was seen as the best player there....until Selwood.
Should i bring up your recruiting requests? How is Panos going??

3. Mick is improving the CULTURE of the club
Mick was trying to improve the culture of the club. Ultimately, he failed. Ideally, he shouldn't have to try and improve the culture of the club. However, we, put simply, are a $hit club. We are $hit from top to bottom. He did what he could to try and turn that around, but it was a job too big for 1 man. TBH, i don't know how many it would take to turn it around, but it's more than anyone currently at the club has been able to achieve, including Mick.

4. Ditching players who lie to the club is essential for improving culture, that includes Robbo
Never had a beef with how he played. Just the way he couldn't get his $hit together off the field. Just like Fev, its a distraction. As we can see from above, its a task too big for one man. Can't blame him for trying though. Looking back at Robbos career now is forgetting all the bad games he played for us. All the times he gave away stupid free kicks, 50m penalties, bombed the ball up in the air without looking. Yes, he tried his guts out, but he wasn't as great a footballer as your memory tells you. Several people, including mild mannered Lods, have said if you don't wanna play for the club and do what is required to be a player at the club, then piss off. Robbo falls into that category, and i stand by it.

5. Sacking Mick, will not fix all our problems. We have much bigger problems than our senior coach.
Does this really need explaining? haven't heard any "Woof woof" out of you lately, how is your saviour going? About as good as all our coaches over the past 15 years. IT IS NOT THE COACH! Again, proven right.

Any beef you have the above comments, is a failure to comprehend said comments.

Reply #124
Yeah nah, the comments were clearly that we will know when we've improved because Carrazzo and Scotland won't be able to get a game. Two of our best players of this century, both absolute guns. So far wrong it's just not funny. :))

The rest I can't be bothered with but history says you get it wrong a lot more than you get it right, or should I say you never get it right. Gibbs was the best, Mick failed, we'd kill for a Robbo etc. All wrong. Hotcox. In fact the only difference is Hotcox was taking the piss whereas you actually believed all thse things, so even worse really.;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #125
Yeah nah, the comments were clearly that we will know when we've improved because Carrazzo and Scotland won't be able to get a game. Two of our best players of this century, both absolute guns. So far wrong it's just not funny. :))

The rest I can't be bothered with but history says you get it wrong a lot more than you get it right, or should I say you never get it right. Gibbs was the best, Mick failed, we'd kill for a Robbo etc. All wrong. Hotcox. ;)

Go look it up, its all there. I stand by it.

Just because you say its different, doesn't make you so. It makes you a jimbo clone. ;) Saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true.

Reply #126
Go look it up, its all there. I stand by it.

Just because you say its different, doesn't make you so. It makes you a jimbo clone. ;) Saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true.

Over and over? First time I've said it. I've tried to go easy on you but your Hotcox comment calls for a little truth. You and I both know you got it horribly wrong, how others perceive it means little. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #127
Over and over? First time I've said it. I've tried to go easy on you but your Hotcox comment calls for a little truth. You and I both know you got it horribly wrong, how others perceive it means little. :P

So you are grumpy because its a little too close to the truth for your liking.

You an I both know your comprehension skills need to be worked on if you are suggesting what i pointed out above is 'wrong'.

Anyway, no more straying off topic or the off-topic police will come running. ;)