Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7 : Pre Game Thread - Blues v Pies (Read 37325 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 7 : Pre Game Thread - Blues v Pies

Reply #75
We shouldn't underestimate the Pies, I don't think we're quite there but who knows.
Luck plays a big part in it too, the game will be won in the midfield as also so if Cripps is good to go we have a good show. I'd pick JK and Der too in the forward line more mobile and both can kick goals.

Reply #76
Who and who?? :o

Reply #78
At this point Cripps is looking a certain starter. Jaksch and Everitt are no certainties yet, even though an extra tall wouldn't be bad f Collingwood include Cloke.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #80
If Carlton beat Essendon, Essendon beat Melbourne, Melbourne beat GWS, and GWS beat Hawthorn then I don't understand why we aren't premiership favorites?

And that being the case we should pump the Pies...........Lol!!!!!

It is a shame we played Gold Coast when we did.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #81
Who and who?? :o
Jaksch and Everitt, sorry for rushing.I think these boys would give us mobility and more flexibility in the forward.
Especially Jaksch needs an opportunity under the Bolton plan, he may well surprise us.

Reply #82
At the moment, Pies are $1.32 and we are $3.40 on Sportsbet.

Reply #83
Might belong in the Navy Andrew thread, but Sam McLure said on 3AW last night that Kerridge and Phillips have pulled up sore and won't play.

Reply #84
Might belong in the Navy Andrew thread, but Sam McLure said on 3AW last night that Kerridge and Phillips have pulled up sore and won't play.
Rnd 6 and sore? WTF? They arent kids. With the calf injuries to various players and now this, I wonder if the conditioning staff got it a little wrong and went too hard on the group (ie compared to last year). Just sayin'
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #85
Rnd 6 and sore? WTF? They arent kids. With the calf injuries to various players and now this, I wonder if the conditioning staff got it a little wrong and went too hard on the group (ie compared to last year). Just sayin'

They should be playing for North, they seem to be managing their players alot better than us.  ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #86

Also completely changed the system and structure of our line up and need to run both ways for 120 minutes.

Trip to Perth, 90% humidity and hard ground took it out of the guys. No problem giving them a spell.

Remember Kerridge played all 3 NAB games as well.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #87
As footballers go Kerridge and Phillips are kids and after the past 2 weeks I would expect them to be sore.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #88
I don't have a problem with "managing" or "resting" players at this stage in our development. We have to take the longer term view and maybe play for just a few morale boosting wins this year. As long as everyone at the club, including the players  are on the same page then fine.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #89
Phillips will apparently be out but no-one is real sure about Kerridge yet.

Jaksch in and Casboult into the 2nd ruck position.