Skip to main content
Topic: Where To For Dylan Buckley ?? (Read 12071 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Where To For Dylan Buckley ??

Reply #30
Mate, I think you are dangerously underestimating Simmo's contribution to and inspiration for the team with that idea atm. Dylan would have to do a hell of a lot more before it could even be put up as a remote possibility.

Mate, I dont think you read my post.
I think I actually said that he is nowhere near Simpson.

I accept what everyone is saying re ability.
My thinking was more along the lines of the running off half back that Simpson does for the team.
Obviously Simmo is the heart and soul of this team, or a big part thereof, and I am in no way insinuating I want Buckley to replace him before his time is up.
I'll just put that idea back in the cupboard.

Reply #31
I'm with you here.
Docherty, like Simmo have a knack of remaining focused and driven. They both have a "do what you must to get it done" approach and make the difficult appear routine.

As for Buckley. I've seen only glimpses of class. It looks like this year's been a real struggle so far with form and discipline (i.e. suspension). I'd say if he can't find his mojo, and find it consistently for the second half of the year, his number might be up.
Not sure what his contract entails though.

It's not just undisciplined acts on the field, it's an apparent inability to follow a team orientated game plan. He appears to make a lot of "give it to me" type decisions and burns team-mates in the process.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
Mate, I dont think you read my post.
I think I actually said that he is nowhere near Simpson.

I accept what everyone is saying re ability.
My thinking was more along the lines of the running off half back that Simpson does for the team.
Obviously Simmo is the heart and soul of this team, or a big part thereof, and I am in no way insinuating I want Buckley to replace him before his time is up.
I'll just put that idea back in the cupboard.

OK. Btw, I would love to see Dylan make it for us. I saw him deliver the ball beautifully to Jack s. a couple of times playing or the NBs last w/e.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #33
OK. Btw, I would love to see Dylan make it for us. I saw him deliver the ball beautifully to Jack s. a couple of times playing or the NBs last w/e.

Fraser showed a lot of faith in Buckley in his 3/4 time address.  I'm not sure that Buckley was able to live up to it but it indicates that his coach believes that he is capable.  I guess he was one of the senior/experienced players out there.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #34
I'd be keeping Buckley. I like the tools he has. he can improve and has shown he can. think he's a little lost for position and worth to the team at the moment. He has passion in spades. I want blokes like this!

Reply #35
Is he (actually or potentially) a better mid than Graham, for example?

If the answer is no, surely he's marginal at best.
Finals, then 4 in a row!