Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 12: Northern Blues vs Sandringham at Preston (Read 22181 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd 12: Northern Blues vs Sandringham at Preston

Reply #60
Jaksch jagged his goals last game and his effort was far off what was required of a VFL player.  My observations of Jaksch in the two games I've seen seem fairly close to Fraser's appraisals over the season and I suspect that Jaksch won't make it.  I hope I'm wrong because we desperately need a genuine key forward and one who can go back when required is like gold.
[/quote

Jaksch had a quiet game but you can't kick 4+ every time you play.

Clean, calm, no fuss - where do you get the opinion that he won't make it?

Reply #61
Jaksch had a quiet game but you can't kick 4+ every time you play.

Clean, calm, no fuss - where do you get the opinion that he won't make it?

I was at the Box Hill Hawks game with Baggers, who has watched almost every NBs game this season.  My observations of Jaksch agreed with what Baggers and other NBs watchers have been saying as well as Fraser's player assessments.  Jaksch's best is very good but he performs at his best spasmodically and seems to lack the consistency of effort required to succeed as an AFL player.

As I said before, I hope I'm wrong.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #62
Jaksch looked like he couldn't be bothered being out there IMHO.

Thought he thinks he has more time than he does, and I reckon he might think he's a better player than playing in the VFL too.

I saw Travis Cloke play against Casey Scorpions a couple of weeks back, and I couldn't tell he wasn't happy to be there and he worked as hard as he could to try and force his way back in.

If Jaksch pulls his finger out he'll get a game.

From the others Gowers was my standout.

Graham was ok too.  He does well at the foot of the contest.

I didn't think wood was terrible and thought he competed well in the ruck, but sandy seemed much better drilled than we were and had a few better players in their team like Dennis-lane and Eli Templeton who are handy at AFL level.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #63
NBs are severely lacking leadership and experience at the moment. Where's Jamo been? ???

There's plenty of pace and class on our injury list at the moment as well.

Reply #64
For mine there were several players that haven't yet played a game in the seniors and whilst not ready yet looked to have afl quality in them.

In no order:

Rainbow - running goal and bomb from outside 50 was gold
Glass makasker - good decision maker and clean skills
Silvagni - got all the tricks, lovely set shot but ha quiet patches
Gowers - tough hombre and is a great size with good skills

Buckley was pretty good also but we know what he would bring. Jacksh and jones were absolute garbage and not up to it imo

Reply #65
For mine there were several players that haven't yet played a game in the seniors and whilst not ready yet looked to have afl quality in them.

In no order:

Rainbow - running goal and bomb from outside 50 was gold
Glass makasker - good decision maker and clean skills
Silvagni - got all the tricks, lovely set shot but ha quiet patches
Gowers - tough hombre and is a great size with good skills

Buckley was pretty good also but we know what he would bring. Jacksh and jones were absolute garbage and not up to it imo
Agree with all that, DVR is running out of time though. I really want him to make it as he is a nice mover and has that silky smooth left foot.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #66
Agree with all that, DVR is running out of time though. I really want him to make it as he is a nice mover and has that silky smooth left foot.

I had not previously seen much at all of DVR but in the few cameos he made last w/e he looked like a very exciting talent I agree GTC. Just a pity that there were all too few of them. He needs to get into the game a lot more and build a much higher profile.
Reality always wins in the end.