Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19: Pre Game Prayers: Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 17467 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 19: Pre Game Prayers: Carlton vs Hawthorn

One of the hardest tasks in football is bearding the Lion in it's Den: in this case playing Hawthorn in Tasmania. One of life's little ironies is that Hawthorn's Tasmania base is a former pub started by my Great Great Grandfather, just over the river from the ground. I feel like ordering these Johnnie - come - latelies out while the adults come to town, but ..... :)

The student vs. the master: I hope Bolts can give Clarkson what the Doctor gave the Master. :) Maybe what the Rebels gave the Death Star. That would be good, as we look to dethrone the Evil Empire.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 19: Pre Game Prayers: Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #1
Two close ones in 2 weeks against top 8 teams. Can we do it again? Someone has to beat these b*ggers!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Two close ones in 2 weeks against top 8 teams. Can we do it again? Someone has to beat these b*ggers!

It will be a challenge but, even though we've had a string of losses, I reckon we have a chance.  Last year I would have said no chance, but I think the team treats every game as winnable now and I have similar optimism.  It may be dashed by quarter time but at least we'll see a contest.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
This game would certainly be a good one for us to break the current drought with.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
All we want to see is the boys having a crack and we are seeing that

Reply #5
Must say I would not have predicted our last two results in a pink fit.
So I'm not feeling too confident. In keeping with my poor form I predict Hawks by 50. While I pray for the apprentice to get one over the master, I think we're more likely to see something akin to The Sorcerer's Apprentice ::)
Feel free to prove me terribly wrong again Blues.
Like others I'm wrapped with the 180 Bolts has manufactured with this group. I'm getting quite excited about our future.

Go Blues - Shake up the Hawks
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #6
I would just like us to give them some of their own medicine - nothing to lose for us so go hard infringe as often as possible like they do everyone else, get scrappy make them work for the win  >:D

Reply #7
Beating the Hawks in one wrong I would really love BB to right. I reckon he has been setting himself and planning for this one since the day he started. Never say never.
Go Blues
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #8
Like everyone, I would like nothing more than to put one over the Dawks.
But I just pray that the umpires are fair and just.
None of these tiggy touchwood bulls#*t free kicks they always seem to get.
Oh and I  wouldn't mind seeing Hodge taken out by someone, preferably out for the finals.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #9
Like everyone, I would like nothing more than to put one over the Dawks.
But I just pray that the umpires are fair and just.
None of these tiggy touchwood bulls#*t free kicks they always seem to get.
Oh and I  wouldn't mind seeing Hodge taken out by someone, preferably out for the finals.

Couldn't have said it better.  I though we were a good chance against the Hawks when we had that run of wins and the Hawks hadn't hit their straps. Now I think its a harder task.

Reply #10
Dawks butchering the ball uncharacteristically today.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #12
They're pumping the Tigers now. 51pts up.
As soon as wrote that post, they started lighting it up!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #13
The only way Hodge would miss finals after an incident involving one of our players would be if he busted his elbow nailing one of ours... who would then get three weeks for recklessly head butting Hodges's elbow.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #14
The only way Hodge would miss finals after an incident involving one of our players would be if he busted his elbow nailing one of ours... who would then get three weeks for recklessly head butting Hodges's elbow.

That's gold, well played sir!