Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 19: Northern Blues vs Box Hill (Read 9453 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd 19: Northern Blues vs Box Hill

Reply #45
It's a very different setup to the NB partnership, the Dawks basically run Box Hill.

I think the shortfall this season says more about our AFL list depth than it does the formal relationship between Carlton and Preston. Look at our Carlton injury list and put half those guys back into a rotation and NBs would be flying like earlier in the season!

Losing the Dev league will hurt our International Rookie system, but overall I happy with what Fraser has been doing at VFL level.

One thing of note, when the Dawks or Nthmond players are not required for VFL they go back to VAFA or local football to play as the standard of football is well above the Dev league. But I don't see many or any NBs players in the VAFA on a regular basis, were do they go?

Wasnt aware of the Dawks/Ninthmond set up - how do AFL /VFL listed players (who are getting paid) qualify for the Ammos??

Re: VFL Rd 19: Northern Blues vs Box Hill

Reply #46
Does that mean you don't rate Fraser? :o

It's only a couple of months ago everyone was raving about how well the NBs were going!

Must we keep hanging coaches whenever injuries decimate our lists, is this Ratten all over again, how about we try building some depth first?

I think we've a pretty good development crew compared to recent seasons, we'd be foolish to dismantle it.

No, EB was talking taking Barker's role if he leaves.