Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 11: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats (Read 20807 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 11: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats

Reply #30
I think Cripps is demoralised and so are many other players. Welcome to our abode - Rock Bottom.

Been down for a bit now. I think he's checked out of our club personally. I don't think he'll re-sign and don't blame him a bit  :'(

I'm ready to remove my membership renewal. I've been patient for the decades and put faith in the return of SOS. Bolton not so much. Worst part is that we have plenty of talent but seriously lack that hard competitive edge. Nice doesn't win games. Not sure intelligence or teaching skill does either.

Sorry that's a negative post. I'm all out of positives just now. That performance after Norp etc. Has left me on empty.
Take care of you Bluebaggers
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #31
I quite like marchy, at least he seems to get himself to contests.

Saw too many players watching their guy and letting another run past, that above all else craps the hell out of me.  Just dumb.

Reply #32
He's awful Kruddler, just awful, he's a nothing type!

It's not those dodgy umpiring decisions, like when Tippa ducks his head and Marchbank is pinged, that has nothing to do with it.

It's what Marchbank does when he has the ball, and the way he plays as a medium tall type, 194cm x 93kg. But he is worthless against players his own size, lacks strength and aggression, plays bruise free and is too slow for opponents smaller than him.

If he was an elite ball user and decision maker he could get away with it because he intercepts well, but he isn't!

Tippa had his head down over the ball and Marchbank attacked him front on.....dumb...

Reply #33
I really hope that is not code for Brad Scott is the Messiah.

I don't think Brad Scott or anybody else could be the messiah, we're well beyond that sort of help  - just somebody, prefereably a very tough bastard,  who might just drag us back a couple of mm from the precipice edge.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #34
Tippa had his head down over the ball and Marchbank attacked him front on.....dumb...

In fairness to Marchbank, Tippa had the momentum not Marchbank, and there was little or no contact in it.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35
I really hope that is not code for Brad Scott is the Messiah.

Brad Scott or Ross Lyon types would be a huge mistake, our list doesn't suit their game style at all.

It would mean another rebuild!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
Geez we are a rabble.
How can you judge the players when they are part of such a crap system.
The coach and coaching panel need to be accountable.
Have been saying for weeks now, the coach is out of his depth.
Has zero game plan and the players have now given up.
They went at half rat power today.
If the club doesn’t move him on we will lose players.
We need a coaching group that has had some success at the top level.
Our footy ops manager and coach have 11 games experience at AFL level.
We should chase Sam Mitchell and Roughead as an assistant

Reply #37
In fairness to Marchbank, Tippa had the momentum not Marchbank, and there was little or no contact in it.

Outbodied by Baguley.....led to the ball by Laverde, out muscled by Laverde.....real household names those two.
Sorry LP but he isnt the player we thought we were getting and has a long way to go....

Reply #38
Not only is the Adelaide Football Club laughing their collective heads off, so are two Perth based clubs at the prospect of picking up Crippa.

How many more blokes will want to leave our club if things don't change... asap?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #39
Geez we are a rabble.
How can you judge the players when they are part of such a crap system.
The coach and coaching panel need to be accountable.
Have been saying for weeks now, the coach is out of his depth.
Has zero game plan and the players have now given up.

They went at half rat power today.
If the club doesn’t move him on we will lose players.
We need a coaching group that has had some success at the top level.
Our footy ops manager and coach have 11 games experience at AFL level.
We should chase Sam Mitchell and Roughead as an assistant

Spot on.

Hopefully the penny has finally dropped in the stubborn heads of our Board.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #40
Today’s problem: By 1/4 time, Cripps had realised that half the team he was playing with were spuds and decided, why bother....and I don’t blame him.  Once the others saw that Cripps couldn’t give a carp, that was it.

Reply #41
Not only is the Adelaide Football Club laughing their collective heads off, so are two Perth based clubs at the prospect of picking up Crippa.

How many more blokes will want to leave our club if things don't change... asap?

You (and others), keep saying 'change'. What do you mean by change? Sack the coach, sack the assistant coach? Sack the President.....and do what exactly?

What is it you mean, and what is it you are proposing?

Reply #42
Geeez Marchbank was far from our worst.Newman played like spud. Bloody hell,we started with 2 players down in Lang and Fasolo. Played the worst wet weather football I've ever seen. Weitering was great today. Kreuzer cracked in. The more I see of Stocker the more I think he'll be real good.
The more I see of Kennedy the less I like. Another abject failure.
Cunningham looks OK. The baqckline isn't the problem, it's the way we butcher the ball into attack and in general play. 2 top rate forwards, solid backline, reasonable midfield. We should be better.
Coach is cooked.

Reply #43
Watch it again in slow motion. At the last second, Tipungwuti realises he's gone and basically headbutts Marchbank in the midriff.  Clever. Fooled the ump.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #44

I agree totally.
No Crippa. No Carlton.
We won't even have a decent first round draft pick. Just when we thought it couldn't get worse.

Today's highlight will be hearing what excuses BB will come up with   >:D
None of which, will instil the hope members have lost.
Dark day for Bluebaggers
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.