Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 437619 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #2475
@Gointocarlton‍ COVID-19 is endemic, it's already here.

Canada and I think France did big studies on the effects of border controls and airline shutdowns, they showed that once the virus was endemic and spreading closing borders and shutting down flights made little difference. They found the biggest impact comes from widespread testing and quarantine, I presume by quarantine they mean effective quarantine, not just shipping your infected cases off to another state. ;)

It's a fools confidence to think COVID-19 won't resurface while borders remain closed, it's already here, not vaccinating invites the next wave!
So we go zero cases for several weeks, where do the cases from?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2476
I can well understand the UK outlook.  They are in panic mode and have been for a year or more.   Almost "any port in a storm" will suit their needs.

They've been thru hell, believe me.  As many as 1500 deaths a day for months on end, lockdowns, waiting 'til midnite to order their groceries on a first come, first serve basis, isolation with almost no physical contact .... a vicarious sense of freedom where there is none.

No wonder I get so many emigration questions.

Reply #2477
So we go zero cases for several weeks, where do the cases from?
They are still finding live virus is sewerage water, they even found some in Brisbane sewerage when they hadn't had a live locally transmitted case for months, and now they are hoping like hell for no further positives and avoid a lockdown.

It just means they haven't found the infected for any number of reasons. Either people aren't coming forward because the symptoms are mild, that has become a problem recently as suffers feel persecuted or it may be kids and mum and dad do not want to be locked down with them, or they could be asymptomatic, or even worse it might be spreading or building in some non-human vector like birds, bats or rats.

Either way they know it's still here in the environment, the hunt is on, and winter is coming!

Why is winter important, because just like the Flu season the virus lives longer and can circulate further in cool air or on cool damp surfaces.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2478
Hotel quarantine establishments are presumably connected in to the sewage system?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2479
Hotel quarantine establishments are presumably connected in to the sewage system?
True, some specific locations are isolated and treated separately, but they know which locations are connected to which plants anyway.

But not all sewerage systems are interconnected, they can't explain how the virus is appearing in widely diverse locations. They believe it is possibly the previously infected having a mild recurrence.

Also, the testing is much finer grained, they are out taking samples from sewerage mains in local streets, not all positive samples are coming from treatment sites at the end of the rainbow. Brisbane's recent positive's initially came from street testing, not from a sewerage plant.

Wear your mask in public to be safe.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2480
Drosten. You quote Drosten?

You've been sucked in by the spin masters David.

He's one of the great shills for the 'industry'!

https://cormandrostenreview.com/report/

Read that and weep.

Yes Fly, I wept with laughter when I read the qualifications and former affiliations of the authors.  There's no point posting links to articles by retired scientists and people from irrelevant fields.  The four authors who actually carried out the analysis are a molecular geneticist, a former 3D artist, a bloke who worked on the human genome project and a urologist.  Of course you know that Eurosurveillance rejected the "International Consortium of Scientists in Life Sciences" review and retraction demand.

Corman and Drosten have acknowledged that "observations based on in silico alignments should be confirmed by wet-laboratory experiments" but pointed out that their work was done on the only available sequences.  This well before the "International Consortium of Scientists in Life Sciences" submitted their "review".

As I'm sure you must know, Drosten has been targeted by political conservatives and right wing media because, in his words, "I'm the evil guy crippling the economy."

It's worth having a look at Drosten's qualifications, career highlights, awards, positions held, etc.  If you're looking for shills, I don't think that you could go past the so-called "International Consortium of Scientists in Life Sciences".
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2481
Next you’ll be telling us Lord Monckton isn’t a real scientist and Big Oil & Big Tobacco tried to buy research proving that their industries had nothing to do with lung cancer and climate change respectively ...

Reply #2482
Yes Fly, I wept with laughter when I read the qualifications and former affiliations of the authors. 

It's worth having a look at Drosten's qualifications, career highlights, awards, positions held, etc.  If you're looking for shills, I don't think that you could go past the so-called "International Consortium of Scientists in Life Sciences".
They should be re-titled,

"People primarily concerned about the performance of their superannuation fund, regardless of the cost!"
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2483
Next you’ll be telling us Lord Monckton isn’t a real scientist and Big Oil & Big Tobacco tried to buy research proving that their industries had nothing to do with lung cancer and climate change respectively ...
No! :o

Are you accusing some researchers of being motivated by money?

Isn't that proper title "Alleged Lord Monckton"? ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2484
yes exactly.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #2485
yes exactly.
Yes, true.

But when you take a dump in Collins St it doesn't distribute itself evenly around the state stopping off for a coffee at Ballarat or Colac along the way!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2486
Yes, true.

But when you take a dump in Collins St it doesn't distribute itself evenly around the state stopping off for a coffee at Ballarat or Colac along the way!
Understood LP, but hotel quarantine crapters will be a large contributor in sewer tests. In any case, I don't care what studies people have done elsewhere, all our outbreaks have had to to with hotel quarantine and/or international traveler/airline staff. Keep them out or properly controlled and we have no problem, it can't manifest itself or grow on a tree.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #2487
Yes, true.

But when you take a dump in Collins St it doesn't distribute itself evenly around the state stopping off for a coffee at Ballarat or Colac along the way!

Maybe not but it puts the virus out there to be possibly spread by other vectors?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2488
Maybe not but it puts the virus out there to be possibly spread by other vectors?
So ends the hope of border patrols, COVID is in New Guinea!

That's a one hot chip flight for a bin chicken!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2489
No! :o

Are you accusing some researchers of being motivated by money?

Isn't that proper title "Alleged Lord Monckton"? ;D

Are you admitting that its possible that some things, deemed safe by governments etc, could actually have some long term issues that are swept under the carpet!

Question everything!