Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 438086 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #2505
Who would have guessed?

The European Medicines Agency review of the Astrazeneca vaccine found that it is "safe and effective" is "not associated" with a higher risk of blood clots.

Of course, some politicians are still vacillating when they should be vaccinating.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

SPLIT: 9/11 Debate

Reply #2506
One or more of the messages of this topic have been moved to 9/11 Debate
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2507
Interesting that the efficacy / economics of the Sinopharm vaccine is now being questioned, the politics of biomed heating up again?

I'm almost certain the vast bulk of this speculation, Sinopharm, AstraZeneca, mRNA, etc., etc., will be more about dubious sales techniques than science, if you are having trouble getting a foot in the door spread an anonymous malicious rumour about the opposition! ;)

Post from LP.....Apologies, accidentally deleted original

Reply #2508
Who would have guessed?

The European Medicines Agency review of the Astrazeneca vaccine found that it is "safe and effective" is "not associated" with a higher risk of blood clots.

Of course, some politicians are still vacillating when they should be vaccinating.
An agency that was jointly setup by Big Pharma and has a dubious history of not releasing any research data associated with its findings....not really a surprise they would approve AstraZ.
They were criticized over their handling of the HPV vaccine testing , they allowed drug companies to be their own judges and only the drug companies were allowed access to the research data in a code of secrecy.
They also like employing Big Pharma ex employees.....I would have a dollar or two on that without doing any research..😉
https://corporateeurope.org/en/revolving-doors/2014/06/emas-revolving-door-big-pharma-alive-and-well.

I'd be very dubious of any research carried out or the integrity of the process involving the EMA....

Reply #2509
An agency that was jointly setup by Big Pharma and has a dubious history of not releasing any research data associated with its findings....not really a surprise they would approve AstraZ.
They were criticized over their handling of the HPV vaccine testing , they allowed drug companies to be their own judges and only the drug companies were allowed access to the research data in a code of secrecy.
They also like employing Big Pharma ex employees.....I would have a dollar or two on that without doing any research..😉
https://corporateeurope.org/en/revolving-doors/2014/06/emas-revolving-door-big-pharma-alive-and-well.

I'd be very dubious of any research carried out or the integrity of the process involving the EMA....

Come on EB! 

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) is an agency of the European Union (EU) responsible for the scientific evaluation, supervision and safety monitoring of medicines in the EU.  It is probably world's best practice in ensuring independence with a management board of 36 who are completely independent of government and the private sector. 

EMA has seven scientific committees that are drawn from the relevant government agencies of each member country and they rely heavily on networks of scientific experts.  They have relatively few staff and don't employ ex-"big pharma" employees.

The European Ombudsman found that the complaint about EMA's safety review of HPV vaccines was without foundation and its "examination of scientific evidence was complete and it was independent."  Of course, the HPV vaccines have been in widespread use for some time now and are safe and effective.

Pharmacy companies contribute funding for the operation of EMA, as they should.  Why should taxpayers foot the bill for research into the quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines?

Finally, the EU legislation that set up the EMA requires it to provide all EU citizens with access to all documents with the exception of personal, sensitive and commercially confidential information - almost exactly the same as our Therapeutic Goods Administration restrictions on releasing information.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2510
Come on EB! 

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) is an agency of the European Union (EU) responsible for the scientific evaluation, supervision and safety monitoring of medicines in the EU.  It is probably world's best practice in ensuring independence with a management board of 36 who are completely independent of government and the private sector. 

EMA has seven scientific committees that are drawn from the relevant government agencies of each member country and they rely heavily on networks of scientific experts.  They have relatively few staff and don't employ ex-"big pharma" employees.

The European Ombudsman found that the complaint about EMA's safety review of HPV vaccines was without foundation and its "examination of scientific evidence was complete and it was independent."  Of course, the HPV vaccines have been in widespread use for some time now and are safe and effective.

Pharmacy companies contribute funding for the operation of EMA, as they should.  Why should taxpayers foot the bill for research into the quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines?

Finally, the EU legislation that set up the EMA requires it to provide all EU citizens with access to all documents with the exception of personal, sensitive and commercially confidential information - almost exactly the same as our Therapeutic Goods Administration restrictions on releasing information.

DJ, They do employ Big Pharma employees as you can see in that article, they list them and as you say its Big Pharma money helping fund the EMA. Also the meat of the story of those articles is how the actual testing of medicines is done by the same companies who develop them and how they wont release any of the test data for independent scrutiny under the guise of commercial confidentiality.It doesnt get more sensitive than having a lot of peoples lives on the line and a vaccine of this nature in these circumstances doesnt come under the commercial confidential banner IMHO.
If they have nothing to fear they should allow independent testing and make all their research data available for the safety of all in this case as its a world wide emergency, it shouldnt be about the commercial aspect at all and money, but with Big Pharma it always is The EMA and the WHO have plenty in common.....

Reply #2512
This is how insidious the media are.

After days and days of whipping the public into an anti-AstraZeneca frenzy, this is a typical headline they run today.

‘People are spooked’: Patients snub COVID shots amid unproven blood clot fears

Healthcare experts say European regulators’ move to ‘jump the gun’ and halt rollout of the AstraZeneca vaccine will have a lasting impact on patient confidence.
The commercial media have zero morals and are unprofessional, it's all about profit, even if it comes at the expense of your mental and physical health!

Why aren't they liable, were are the civil cases and class actions against them?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2513
My auntie in the UK got her first jab, like Thry's brother was sick as a dog for 3 days.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2514
My auntie in the UK got her first jab, like Thry's brother was sick as a dog for 3 days.
Sorry to hear that, but at least you know it's working.

How many other relatives have had it, I believe the UK is well beyond 1/3rd the population have had at least one shot now?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2515
0 active cases in the state.

Well done everyone.   Any chance we can resume 100% capacity crowds, and drop the masks?

We aren't getting much of a say either way, which is why so many get frustrated with the response.

I think most would happily flip between mask and no mask if required, but this seems a bit too much to continue with at this point.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #2516

Well done everyone.   Any chance we can resume 100% capacity crowds, and drop the masks?

We aren't getting much of a say either way, which is why so many get frustrated with the response.

I think most would happily flip between mask and no mask if required, but this seems a bit too much to continue with at this point.

Masks gone by Fri midnight apart from public transport is what I hear.

Reply #2517

75% from Rnd 2 is a step in the right direction. 100% wont be far off.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2518
Masks gone by Fri midnight apart from public transport is what I hear.
Done, official from 6pm Frid
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time