Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 434310 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV

Reply #7321
The government completely misunderstood mate not me.

Liam Jones was berated on here for saying how awful and dangerous a man he was to be anywhere our team and he may kill players in the team as he is unvaccinated. Time has proven and clearly shown his obviously safe to be beside 40 of his teammates in showers, dressing rooms etc yet 18 months ago he was looked upon like he would be the grim reaper!

He had the balls to hold his ground on something he believed in despite all ridicule he never swayed.

Good on him.

Liam Jones can do what he wants. IDGAF.
However, he put himself above the team, he made himself out to be an individual, and when you play a team sport, thats not great.
There has been talk about our current captain being an individual and its hurting the team....this is on-field...and my thoughts there are the same as they were with Jones. Be part of the team and do team things.
Jones chose otherwise, as is his right, and we effectively showed him the door, as is our right.

None of that has anything to do with any kind of genius intelligence in understanding of how COVID works though.

Its the governments job to govern for the people.
We couldn't be trusted to do the right thing and isolate, so the government had to step in and make us do it.

The government didn't 'misunderstand', the government didn't know....nobody did. Everybody dealt with it differently and did what they thought best with the information they were given.

Next time something like this happens, you and Liam Jones might try and take a similar stance, and it may work again.
.....or it may not. It may be more severe, and more likely to cause death. You think people will be dancing on your grave because they were proven right and you 'chose' wrong? No.
But you seem to be doing that in reverse.

I think its much better to err on the side of caution. You wanna be a risk taker, thats your right, but sooner or later, it may not work out as well.

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #7322
Liam Jones can do what he wants. IDGAF.
However, he put himself above the team, he made himself out to be an individual, and when you play a team sport, thats not great.
There has been talk about our current captain being an individual and its hurting the team....this is on-field...and my thoughts there are the same as they were with Jones. Be part of the team and do team things.
Jones chose otherwise, as is his right, and we effectively showed him the door, as is our right.

None of that has anything to do with any kind of genius intelligence in understanding of how COVID works though.

Its the governments job to govern for the people.
We couldn't be trusted to do the right thing and isolate, so the government had to step in and make us do it.

The government didn't 'misunderstand', the government didn't know....nobody did. Everybody dealt with it differently and did what they thought best with the information they were given.

Next time something like this happens, you and Liam Jones might try and take a similar stance, and it may work again.
.....or it may not. It may be more severe, and more likely to cause death. You think people will be dancing on your grave because they were proven right and you 'chose' wrong? No.
But you seem to be doing that in reverse.

I think its much better to err on the side of caution. You wanna be a risk taker, thats your right, but sooner or later, it may not work out as well.

Geez you can go on and on and on.

Reply #7325
Bury a family member because of COVID and your viewpoint around vaccinations, lockdowns etc might change. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #7326
Bury a family member because of COVID and your viewpoint around vaccinations, lockdowns etc might change. 

No prof I wouldn’t change but I understand your point as I’m too clinical. For example  I have buried far too many family members many young because of cancer so I personally am far more sensitive to most on cancer but still try and be balanced with the risks of it even though it has affected me a lot more personally then others.

You can always use the ‘what if’ argument but I don’t buy in on the hysteria. Sure in the elderly or those with pre existing issues it is far more likely to be a serious virus and if you’re in that bracket then you should do everything you can to protect yourself but the risk to the rest of the population is much lower so imo the economy should have been able to continue on as that decision has caused deaths in other sectors and several other deep rooted issues in the community that the government sweeps under the carpet.

Anyway each to their own mate. I was vaccinated but wouldn’t do it again.

Re: CV

Reply #7327
What has changed in 18 months?

Knowledge about the virus.
Yep, and the virus has evolved more changing more than just about everything else around it.

But this COVID discussion doesn't change Shawny's flawed logic about the pokies / gambling debate being a distraction around the club's other issues. He's tried to draw an association between a voluntary action that cause self-harm, playing the pokies, with the deadly impacts of a virus that is transmitted. The Shawny motive seems to be to throw rocks at Sayers and Andrews, but the issues are chalk and cheese, they aren't related or connected in anyway.

As for trying to draw an analogy between not banning pokies while restricting movement during COVID, that's a long long long stretch. There are people who have died, and people who will live with long COVID for many years, perhaps even the rest of their lives. That long term health cost is estimated to dwarf the short term costs of lockdown.

Finally, to be of some use, to make the gambling analogy viable in relation to infection of innocent 3rd parties, we'd probably have to assert the gamblers stole the 3rd parties life savings before losing everything! That would be a closer analogy to actively infecting the bystanders, because when you infect someone who unfortunately passes you taken everything they ever had and everything they ever would have!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vydgkCCXbTA
Because only the old and weak are afflicted by COVID, mortality rates are low, apparently it's all been an expensive hoax, we could have saved billion$!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQp6sTDSGm8
Maybe surviving COVID for some people wasn't the best outcome!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7328
They found a cure. Garlic!!!!
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #7330
They found a cure. Garlic!!!!
Us Europeans always knew Garlic was the answer...and Windex.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7331
I thought it was a cure for Dan Andrews..I was excited...

Reply #7333
Not even that, Paul.  From 7:19 on...

MEdia Watch

Lol. I should've squeezed in a little pro Italian propaganda whilst I had the chance.

I used to watch Media Watch religiously back when Stuart Littlemore was host. It fell off my TV watching schedule after that. Not sure why. I had no issue with Richard Ackland or any of the subsequent hosts. Maybe I should get back into it.

Reply #7334
How much damage have the Doherty Institute done themselves !
Let’s go BIG !