Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 1 2022 Pre Game Prognostications (Read 3091 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 1 2022 Pre Game Prognostications

Reply #45
Why wasn't Plowman picked? Especially with Jones out.

Didn't Voss look at our best and fairest results?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #46
Why did he pick LoB?

All that went before is irrelevant now we have a new coach, some will wither while others will thrive.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47
I thought last year the difference between the two sides was Dusty Martin. I am not sure that Richmond has improved their team from last year whereas Carlton looks like it has improved its side. Despite having Stocker, Walsh, Marchbank and Cuningham unavailable, we have a situation where Dow, Fogarty, Kemp, Plowman, Williamson, Newnes and Ed Curnow were not selected. In previous seasons three or four of these players would have been in the team. Last season Richmond endured the run of injuries Carlton has had over the past few seasons and they came back to the field. So I think we must be a big chance. The games we have lost to Richmond in the season openers have in the main been four to six goal margins. I can actually see us reversing this situation and winning by this sort of margin. Go Blues!

Reply #48
That's the spirit

Reply #49
Interesting analysis here:
https://youtu.be/G-i7HSlN1pg
Listening to a Pom wearing a Manchester United guernsey talking footy is a bit strange, but he talks some sense. And when I say talks, he could talk under water. If you typed out everything he says, you'd probably have a bigger book than War and Peace. But then again, I have to believe him as he predicts a 4+ goal win for us.

Seems the 1st part of his spiel rips off Kruddler's Coaches' Milestones bit. Kruddler should demand credit  ;D

Reply #50
I thought last year the difference between the two sides was Dusty Martin. I am not sure that Richmond has improved their team from last year whereas Carlton looks like it has improved its side. Despite having Stocker, Walsh, Marchbank and Cuningham unavailable, we have a situation where Dow, Fogarty, Kemp, Plowman, Williamson, Newnes and Ed Curnow were not selected. In previous seasons three or four of these players would have been in the team. Last season Richmond endured the run of injuries Carlton has had over the past few seasons and they came back to the field. So I think we must be a big chance. The games we have lost to Richmond in the season openers have in the main been four to six goal margins. I can actually see us reversing this situation and winning by this sort of margin. Go Blues!
Beware Martin, Riewoldt and Lynch.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #52
If for no other reason, good, bad or indifferent, everything we do this year and beyond is for Doc. If that guy doesn't inspire us, nothing will.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #53
If for no other reason, good, bad or indifferent, everything we do this year and beyond is for Doc. If that guy doesn't inspire us, nothing will.

Yep 100%. Privately our club would have forged the strongest of strong bonds because of docs situation.

Some good has to come out of a tough situation.