Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 19 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS (Read 4752 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 19 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS

Reply #30
I thought Fisher was good though. Got quite a bit of the ball and was more involved than he usually is. I hope he keeps going with this and makes it a trend. 😎
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #31
Looking like another game that won’t be easy. Especially considering we are at the time where wins keep you in the top 8. When was the last time that the top 8 were so close in terms of wins? Let us not risk bringing back players too soon. Surely we have enough talent to get another 2 wins which is enough to lock in a final 8.  GWS is exactly the side that could beat us with our best 22 available. Call it luck for GWS or lack of respect for the opponent from our guys.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #32
The 2018 GWS Embarrassment at Docklands
7. 4  vs  23.13 in front of 16,000.

Polson, O'Shea, Pickett, Byrne, Graham, Lamb, Lang, Lobbe, SPS, Rowe were all involved and Cripps was still able to pick up 29 disposals.

"The Giants played the majority of Sunday’s second half at Etihad Stadium with a severely restricted bench after Brett Deledio (calf), Toby Greene (hamstring), Dawson Simpson (ankle) and Sam Taylor (hamstring) were injured.

The Blues were faced with a 16-man opposition for parts of the final term but were still handed a 23.13 (151) to 7.4 (46) beating."

Cripps, McKay, C Curnow, O'Brien, Kennedy should have a memory of this and be ready to put the sword back to them.  (Simpson, Murphy, Wright, Thomas, Marchbank, Dow and E Curnow were also included)

Reply #33
Nothing can erase this shy of flogging them by 30 goals.   Nothing.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #34
Josh Kelly unlikely to play because of concussion protocols....every little bit helps.

Reply #35
Reckon we will flog GWS, Harry to kick 6 and Charlie 4...
Cripps BOG.....

Reply #37
Reckon we will flog GWS, Harry to kick 6 and Charlie 4...
Cripps BOG.....
There you go with those bold predictions :D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #38
Maybe something like:

Out - Hayes, Newnes, Plowman, Honey (sub)
In - Pittonet, McGovern, O'Brien

Stocker, Weitering, Young
Docherty, McGovern, Saad
O'Brien, Cripps, Walsh
TDK, Silvagni, Fisher
Durdin, Curnow, McKay
Pittonet, Cerra, Hewett
Kennedy, Newman, Motlop, Cottrell

I'd like to see SOS and TDK roam up the field as the outlet kick, leaving the oppo headache of Curnow and McKay inside 50. We can always rotate the 4 talls up the field and inside 50.

Reply #39
The mix we had previously, is that Pittonet would drop behind the ball and ruck in defense, and TDK would ruck forward and they would share the middle duties.  This let JSOS and Cripps perform more offensive duties too, and generally gave our opposition more headaches.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #40
Pretty much how I have it Pratty....only difference might be whether it's O'Brien or Setterfield that come in. I think McGovern can play back and we still have Docherty, Saad, Newman....one of whom will likely get Greene.

If we were absolutely certain of playing finals then you might leave Pittonet and McGovern out for another week but we've still got 3 more tough games to come against Melbourne, Brisbane and Collingwood so a finals spot is far from guaranteed. This week is a must win game.

Reply #41
I think Honey should not be the Sub.

For me he did nothing much when he was in, and looks well out of touch, he needs to go back and actually dominate at VFL level for four quarters.

Can't see us dropping two defenders just to bring in Gov, if LoB is in he needs to be on the wing where he can hurt opposition with his deep running!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
Good news on one front, not so much on another.

Caleb Marchbank   Knee   Expected to be available to play this week. (Update: 20 July)

Matt Owies   Calf   Was a late withdrawal last week against the Eagles due to a calf strain.
Currently expected to be sidelined for the next two weeks. (Update: 14 July)

Reply #43
McGovern would be extremely fortunate to get a game after his ordinary form in the reserves.  Weitering is struggling to pick up the tempo and we can’t afford to play another defender who is below their best.

I would bring in Pitto and Setters for Hayes and Newnes.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #44
Word around the traps is Gov and Lob in, no Pitto yet,.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time