Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 4 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 3907 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 4 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #30
To say this is a must win game is a massive understatement.
I watched the GWS and can I just say I must commend Blacres. Cripps aside, I haven't seen a Carlton player battle through adversity and still have an impact in donkeys years.

Couldn't agree more.

I hope BlAcres shoulder is ok and we win at the tribunal. My guess is we're appealing - given that his shoulder is ok.

Either way, he's been a real asset for us. Dutchy has a good mentor.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #31
LDU’s injury is hard to assess. I thought because he pulled out of the Tassie game after the warm-up, he must have strained it doing stretches and the like. But the explanation given by North is that he sustained a corked calf in the game against Freo. He had trained fully before being selected against Hawthorn but could then feel the cork in the warm-up.

It seems that a corked calf can lead to 1-4 weeks off. Even if he trains fully, that doesn’t mean he’ll be right on match day, as his late withdrawal shows. He’ll probably play but he’ll be questionable until he runs into the centre square to start the game.

Reply #32
Logue suspension upheld....so he's missing, along with Ben McKay.

We must be confident that Acres will be fit to play otherwise why would they bother appealing it?

Reply #33

We must be confident that Acres will be fit to play otherwise why would they bother appealing it?

To let the afl know that whilst we are good afl citizens we arent going to sit on the mat and be kicked anymore
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #34

Blake may have been playing with a stinger.  If so, it’s probably not bad enough to cause him to miss.

I suspect we’ll contest every MRO/Tribunal decision if there’s a chance of getting the penalty reduced … like De Koning’s kneeing fine last week.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #35
To let the afl know that whilst we are good afl citizens we arent going to sit on the mat and be kicked anymore
And Acres actions were an accident, he slipped and was off balance, Daniels was ok and will be available.....the MRP miss the obvious ones then waste everyones time with rubbish like this.

Reply #36
I'll give Blake a week off to rest his shoulder we have a series of shortened 6 day breaks almost three games in two weeks.

Reply #38
The game is in serious trouble if guys are getting suspended for that.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #39
North has certainly toughened up, and play a good, accountable brand of footy, but if we are fair dinkum about playing finals, then we should win, with or without Acres. Ben McKay also out.

Reply #40
Elephant in room, acres last 2 weeks have been great.

LOB will likely come in, but im hoping walsh might be ready instead.  Bring him back through the wings.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #41
It seems that it is a pectoral injury so Acres was unlikely to play anyway.

The writing was on the wall when Plowman was suspended; don’t collide with an opponent, deliberately or accidentally.

Of course, you can still knee you opponent in the head if you’re attempting a mark 🙄
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #42
Elephant in room, acres last 2 weeks have been great.

LOB will likely come in, but im hoping walsh might be ready instead.  Bring him back through the wings.
I'd bring in Fogarty or Binns, LOB needs some twos footy, he was woeful vs GWS..
Love to have Walsh back but we should be able to take care of Nth and give him another week...

Reply #43
North has certainly toughened up, and play a good, accountable brand of footy, but if we are fair dinkum about playing finals, then we should win, with or without Acres. Ben McKay also out.

Except when they play the favourites for the wooden spoon 🙂

I don’t think that there are any certain wins now but we’d have to be completely discombobulated to lose this one.

Reply #44
I'd bring in Fogarty or Binns, LOB needs some twos footy, he was woeful vs GWS..
Love to have Walsh back but we should be able to take care of Nth and give him another week...
Or is Norf the perfect game for Walshy's return? If he is fit and ready, play him.
Out Acres susp Owies inj
In Kennedy LOB (Throw a blanket over  Kemp, Fog, Carroll, Honey as the sub)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time