Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 4 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 4043 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 4 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #60
Release the Lion
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #61
Martin is a decent sub.  Can change a game but needs to prove he is durable I would have thought.

Martin could become the first sub who couldn't see out the game because of injury.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #62
Martin could become the first sub who couldn't see out the game because of injury.

Why are people so unkind?

The sad thing is that you're probably right  ::)

I think that Martin's calves may be too fragile for AFL.  I'd be tempted to give him a block of games in the VFL.  If he remains injury free, he should go back into the 22.  A fit and firing Martin is too good to be spending 3/4 on the pine.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #63
Professional sub is the only role I see for Martin.....reckon he is done as a footballer who can play a full game let alone complete a season. Im just over carrying these  over rated list cloggers who cant stay on the park who have long term deals and weigh the list down. You look at his stats and they have been on a steady decline as well when he does play...
Analysing what Martin, Williams, McGovern, Marchbank and Cuningham have delivered we see that we have been down 5 players compared to every other club for the majority of the last few years now..if we actually had 5 fit and able players instead of them we might have been played deep finals not to mention the money we have burned.

Reply #64
In Walshy Chugger
Out Blacres Owies
You know you want it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #65
Professional sub is the only role I see for Martin.....reckon he is done as a footballer who can play a full game let alone complete a season. Im just over carrying these  over rated list cloggers who cant stay on the park who have long term deals and weigh the list down. You look at his stats and they have been on a steady decline as well when he does play...
Analysing what Martin, Williams, McGovern, Marchbank and Cuningham have delivered we see that we have been down 5 players compared to every other club for the majority of the last few years now..if we actually had 5 fit and able players instead of them we might have been played deep finals not to mention the money we have burned.

So what we gotta find him a part time position? Farkim, piss or get off the pot.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #66
So what we gotta find him a part time position? Farkim, piss or get off the pot.
While he has a contract we need to use him the best we can or he will be stuck to the pot where he has spent the last 3 years....

Reply #67
While he has a contract we need to use him the best we can or he will be stuck to the pot where he has spent the last 3 years....
I personally don't want to see him anywhere near the 1s unless we have no one else to pick from. Flick him now and his contract payout will be offset by savings in medical bills and strapping tape.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #68
Not the same off-field issues as Harley Bennell, but like Bennell, Martin seems to have chronic calf issues.....it's usually in for 2-3 weeks and then out with another calf strain....then back in without every building up a block of form in the VFL.

Reply #69
My read of the Walsh return is that he's not ready. Am I missing something?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #70
Martin is a decent sub.  Can change a game but needs to prove he is durable I would have thought.
I think Martin has more than enough capability, and I agree as I fear his durability.

I think the Sub needs to be someone who can come on and go to 100% instantly with complete reliability, is that Martin?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #71
My read of the Walsh return is that he's not ready. Am I missing something?
Not ready to have 35 touches, kick a few goals, rack up a few clearances, tackles, and goal assists, but we will likely get better value out of him than LOB even as a sub.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #72
The club said after r4, or by r4. Until we hear otherwise, I'm keeping my 'hope' powder dry.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #73
It will be a pleasant surprise if Sam is named and the anticipation will continue to grow if he’s not.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #74
Can't buy a ticket! Monday 9am...

A Norf Melb sell out?

More likely all 7 Norf members are bringing family along.  ;)