Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 4 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 4039 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 4 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #120
Dow and Plowman playing now in the VFL (and getting heaps of touches). Neither Cincotta and Carroll are playing in the VFL match.
My guess is it will be Cincotta to add abit of toughness to tackle Clarko's Norf ferals.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #121
Interesting to see whether the VFL game was a preview of the big game. North was committed to running the ball using a chain of handballs, often via the wings. On the other hand, Carlton was happy to turn the ball over and hold possession via kicks to uncontested marks. The uncontested mark stats were incredibly lop-sided (45 total marks to North vs. 121 total marks to Carlton) and Carlton seemed to have a 3 to 2 kick to handball ratio while North had closer to a 1 to 1 ratio. As one of the commentators in the VFL noted, those disparities were a reflection of the changes in the game-style introduced by Clarkson in order to train up North’s AFL-listed VFL,players.

Reply #122
Miller Bergman out with illness, replaced by Howe.

Subs: Carroll & Greenwood.

Reply #123
As much as I think talent wise we should have a comfortable win Any team with that little sniper in the couches box should not be underestimated.
As long as we are not cocky and come to play we will win well.