Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 5 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide in Adelaide (Read 5292 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 5 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide in Adelaide

Reply #135
Congratulations Fish, have a night out!

We have a bevy of players who should notch up their 100th games this season; Cerra, McGovern, Charlie and Harry.  Walsh and Kennedy will have to wait until the start of next season.

Apart from the milestone, that suggests that we have a significant part of our list at the peak of their powers.
And hence why this week and next week, we either silence the doubters (me included) or we hand them the pitchforks, straw and matches.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #136
We have however won plenty of games in Adelaide in the past.

Yes, the Croweaters have a strong team, at home and everything to play for in terms of them launching the Adelaide round. Plenty of motivation.

Just the sought of challenge we need, knowing we are really up against it. We won't be going into this game like last year's game against the Croweaters... more likely how we went into last year's games against top sides. Our consistent best will win this game, an inconsistent effort and we're in trouble.

According to Kruddler's "Voss's objectives", we haven't won an away game against Adelaide since 2010.  It's time we changed that!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #137
According to Kruddler's "Voss's objectives", we haven't won an away game against Adelaide since 2010.  It's time we changed that!

And tonight's the night! Go Blues 😎👍
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #138
Apart from Doc, probably our best team. About time our luck changed and we get down to under 10 on the Injured List.
IF we are going to be up there this year, we need to win these games.
Just hope Vossy has them fired up. scoreboard pressure will stop the saliva spewing out.

Blues by 27  :))  :))  :))

Reply #139
Any Team, Any Where, Any Time!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #140
Any Team, Any Where, Any Time!
^^^^
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #141
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a late change....Plowman into the 22 for maybe Ed. As it stands there's really only 6 defenders....having one more for rotations might help unless Ed is a dedicated tagger.

Reply #142
Plowman may be the sub.

Reply #143
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a late change....Plowman into the 22 for maybe Ed. As it stands there's really only 6 defenders....having one more for rotations might help unless Ed is a dedicated tagger.

With Docherty spending most of the game in the midfield, we have gone with six defenders plus Cerra (GWS) and Hewett (North) playing mainly in defence.  I think we'll continue that approach.

Plowman as the sub would provide an option to stiffen the defence if Cerra/Hewett doesn't work.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #144
With Docherty spending most of the game in the midfield, we have gone with six defenders plus Cerra (GWS) and Hewett (North) playing mainly in defence.  I think we'll continue that approach.

Plowman as the sub would provide an option to stiffen the defence if Cerra/Hewett doesn't work.
Plowman like Dow seems to be one of those "too good for 2s not good enough for 1s" type players. I'm sorry but if we are asking him to perform a defensive role on a dangerous fwd, forget it. He panics, makes mistakes and gives away frees in dangerous parts the ground. If necessary, I think he would be better suited to a run-with role in the midfield or as a negating half forward. I think his footy brain is good, disposal is okish, but inside the oppositions F50? No way.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #145
Plowman like Dow seems to be one of those "too good for 2s not good enough for 1s" type players. I'm sorry but if we are asking him to perform a defensive role on a dangerous fwd, forget it. He panics, makes mistakes and gives away frees in dangerous parts the ground. If necessary, I think he would be better suited to a run-with role in the midfield or as a negating half forward. I think his footy brain is good, disposal is okish, but inside the oppositions F50? No way.
I think if we have to contrive a role for him then he is better off at another club, for mine he plays where he usually plays and if he cant handle it he doesnt play seniors. Type of player who needs a challenge IMO, if we had massive injuries I could see him lifting and picking up the slack and being the good Plowman but in a team going ok and him not having to be too accountable or getting a bit too inventive if played up the ground then we will see the bad Plowman.

Reply #146
I think if we have to contrive a role for him then he is better off at another club, for mine he plays where he usually plays and if he cant handle it he doesnt play seniors. Type of player who needs a challenge IMO, if we had massive injuries I could see him lifting and picking up the slack and being the good Plowman but in a team going ok and him not having to be too accountable or getting a bit too inventive if played up the ground then we will see the bad Plowman.

The bad Plowman is generally the result of his teammates overcommitting or being unaccountable.  The way our backline is playing now should ensure that we see the good Plowman.

I’m not entirely writing off Plowman finding another role but I suspect that he will play as a defender or in the magoos.

Reply #147
Honey the Sub
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #148
Honey the sub is a weird one for me.

Reply #149
Honey the sub is a weird one for me.
Probably working on the idea he can provide some X factor and kick a goal if we are struggling . He has never been a 4 quarter player even at U18 level.