Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 5 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide in Adelaide (Read 5240 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 5 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide in Adelaide

Reply #15
The best punishments for these types is at the end of the game being on the losing team.
Im old fashioned Baggers...the best punishment for players like Zurhaar is to get knocked out and wake up seeing birdies like in a 3 stooges skit.....they are low IQ bullies who only know one way and will only respect you when you go to their level and feed them their type of medicine they like to dish out.
eg Wayne Johnston started off a very frail and fair outside player at Prahran in the VFA but when he arrived in the AFL and copped a few sly ones he changed his spots and became a mongrel because that was the only way to deal with the " kents"(borrowed that term off GTC) who were going to target him.
I want to see Walker, Fogarty, Schoenberg and if he wasnt suspended McAdam subdued this week with some dont argues, savage tackles and shirtfronts all legal of course.

Reply #16
I tend not to forget humiliations EB, and that game certainly was one for us.
Yep...the old Gold Carlton teams would have memory banked that loss and come out next time and made a statement.
Thats when you know you are supporting a real football team who mean business and want success.

Reply #17
I once experienced the circling stars and birdsong in one rugby game I played back in the day. Copped the knee of a very lanky winger right on the point of the jaw. Didn't recover properly all day. I was told it was accidental but it didn't make me feel any better.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #18
Adelaide looking pretty good against Freo. They have one less day to recover than us, but also don't have to travel. I reckon they are starting to build belief, and this will be a big test for our boys.

Reply #19
They look OK.
This won't be easy...and our best chance is if the players go in with that attitude.

Reply #20
I once experienced the circling stars and birdsong in one rugby game I played back in the day. Copped the knee of a very lanky winger right on the point of the jaw. Didn't recover properly all day. I was told it was accidental but it didn't make me feel any better.
Had a similar experience when I got deliberately punched in the eye while in a rebounding contest in basketball....had the birdies circling and was seeing three of everything. The three managers I was seeing of the team told me the clubs Insurance will cover me for any medical costs as I sat on the bench which didnt do much for my eye or my temper as I wanted to clock the little SOB that clocked me on the court. He avoided me at the end of the game not that I could have seen him properly anyway as my eye looked like an over inflated basketball. I found out later it was payback for one of my best mates doing something to him in another game and my mate had sustained a broken leg in a early season game and wasnt playing so he thought if he whacked me it was good enough retribution...

Reply #21
" kents"(borrowed that term off GTC)
I hereby grant ongoing permission to use said terminology.😀
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #22
Strong ground ball team and solid defence.... interesting top eight contest.

Reply #24
Harry has copped a week for the contact with Cheezel. That would mean they’ve assessed it as careless, medium impact and head high. If he challenges it and it’s downgraded to careless, low impact and head high, it would be a fine. Surely we appeal?

And of course Zurhaar’s strike to Cerra’s eye that must surely have been at least careless, medium impact and head high is ticked off.

Reply #25
Harry has copped a week for the contact with Cheezel. That would mean they’ve assessed it as careless, medium impact and head high. If he challenges it and it’s downgraded to careless, low impact and head high, it would be a fine. Surely we appeal?

And of course Zurhaar’s strike to Cerra’s eye that must surely have been at least careless, medium impact and head high is ticked off.
Similar to Zurhaar’s on Cerra, Harry also coped a punch in the head in the 1st I think in an attempted spoil. I think they have gone off charging blokes who make high contact that way.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #26
The media pick and choose who gets done, interesting to hear Dimma bleating tonight, he's not happy they have turned on him, but he's one of the main reasons it is the way it is, he made the system and now it's biting the hand that fed it!

Zurhaar can hand out a right cross hit to the face no replay not consequence, BigH gets a slow motion moment by moment analysis, done like a dinner.

Our biggest problem this season, the AFL and the media want to the Aints!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #27
The media pick and choose who gets done, interesting to hear Dimma bleating tonight, he's not happy they have turned on him, but he's one of the main reasons it is the way it is, he made the system and now it's biting the hand that fed it!

Zurhaar can hand out a right cross hit to the face no replay not consequence, BigH gets a slow motion moment by moment analysis, done like a a dinner.

Our biggest problem this season, the AFL and the media want to the Aints!

Mate H was stupid and deserves a week. If his forearm connected with his jaw in the right spot that could have been real nasty. If Zurhaar did that to Hollands you'd be singing a different tune.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #28
I feel like our best will be a comfortable win against this mob regardless what they can bring. Our best is better simple as that.

While I’m not convinced with our midfield or even our forwards synergy but I now have no doubts out back 6 are as strong as any going around.  Weitering is a star who is rarely beaten and Young is very much under rated, and now a very capable
2nd tall defender. Newman has improved a lot and is now a reliable lock down small defender and then when you add in the intercepting McGovern and Doc and Saad who are as good as you are going to get as running flankers our back 6 is solid on every line imo.

If we can get our midfield singing and Walsh’s inclusion this week will help we will be a very hard team to score against.

Crows are playing well but still don’t rate them. Many experts had them in the bottom 4 before the season started.

We should and will take care of business again even if Harry doesn’t play.

Blues by 30

Reply #29
I have 4 tickets to this but unfortunately we can’t get to Adelaide.

2 adults 1 concession 1 junior - through our membership.

I can’t work out how to ‘return them’ and it may be too late.

Anyone in SA wanting them? Happy to send them to you, no charge.