Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 5 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 4162 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 5 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide

Remember, guys, use this thread when the game is over!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 5 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #1
An utter smashing, every single one of our blokes who pulled on the jumper tonight will find the review of the game excruciatingly  painful and embarrassing to watch. To think we couldn't have fielded a much better side, that loss set us back a very long way IMO. The mental scares from that drubbing will last longer than the 2 losses at the end of 2022. We are pretenders.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
March Premiers
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #3
March Premiers
Not even
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #4
I don’t think we’ve possessed the ball at all tonight, the cows came out all pumped up (as we feared) but we got sucked into running and gunning instead of holding the ball and stifling them.
Time to look, watch, study and regroup.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #6
Abberation I reckon - boys looked a little tired three games in almost two weeks.... 10 day break and lads need to bounce back.

Reply #7
An utter smashing, every single one of our blokes who pulled on the jumper tonight will find the review of the game excruciatingly  painful and embarrassing to watch. To think we couldn't have fielded a much better side, that loss set us back a very long way IMO. The mental scares from that drubbing will last longer than the 2 losses at the end of 2022. We are pretenders.

Wish I could disagree with your review but it is spot on.

Reply #8
We look the same as the last 2 weeks just the Crows are way better than North and GWS.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #9
We look the same as the last 2 weeks just the Crows are way better than North and GWS.

I’d have to agree.

Reply #10

Defence totally broke down this week unfortunately for us and midfield well it's a concern - all the injuries and what not unable to build cohesion. Here's hoping the midfield group can stick together uninjured for next 10 games and build cohesion because they have to.

Reply #11
That was as bad as the Bolton & Teague years !!!

Getting spanked by 10-goals is just unacceptable on all possible levels, there is no excuse for playing like that.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #12
Disagree, the first three weeks we didn't play our best but we won. We could not have played worse if we tried, not a single bloke beat his opponent tonight. I could rant on and single out blokes who aren't up to it but there is no point. Every coach and every one of of 23 players were embarrassing from the first bounce to the final siren. I cannot recall a worse performance from a Carlton side, that will sting for a long time. But that's ok, we will give them all a cuddle, fly home, have a bit of a train next week and get another rogering from the Saints. I wonder if the penny will ever drop for our club.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #13
I don’t think we’ve possessed the ball at all tonight, the cows came out all pumped up (as we feared) but we got sucked into running and gunning instead of holding the ball and stifling them.
Time to look, watch, study and regroup.
Fair points NB...we are not a quick team and have a lot of slow coalface mids and needed to get the game on our terms
and be more methodical with Charlie and Harry as the focus but we just ended up chasing and trying to slingshot the ball back
usually to Crows players with ours all out of position up the ground and the cycle just has been repeated all night.

Reply #14
When Ed is our best mid for the match there are problems in the middle.