Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 5 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 3967 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 5 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #15
Started badly and couldn't recover. I thought the boys at least showed up and put up some fight in the 2nd, 3rd and part of the 4th, but got run over in the end. The Crows are building to something pretty good, don't worry about that. They will claim some decent scalps this season.

Oh well......

Reply #16
The only positive I can dredge up: 75 tackles. Not sure how many gave us an advantage though.

Not so positive: A total flogging by this team is a lesson to anyone getting ahead of themselves.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #17
We are going to lose games but a 10 goal defeat at almost full strength is a head scratcher - lets see how we go next week. If we get smacked by 10 goals again then serious questions need to be asked.

Reply #18
I think the stats prove how bogus the stats can be, if anybody seriously thinks we won the clearances tonight they must have been watching the game in reverse!

I think it was our worst stoppage / midfield game for almost three years!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19
Vossy's presser will be interesting. I'm sure it will be measured but inside he will be seething, upset with himself, his assistants,  his players, just an awful performance.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #20
It's always easy when you are winning and the big name players are doing the bulk of the heavy lifting, however, It's games like tonight that supporters get to see what some of our players are really like.

I’m all in for a serious flip of players at the end of the season, tonight showed just how poor some of the lesser lights are and cannot be relied upon to take up the fight when the big guns are down.

I'm sure people will say "go and do another Sacked, Cracked & Backed list" but honestly, just have a good hard think about what you saw tonight and how little some of the players offer us.

Some of the young Crows players who have had very little senior game time made our players look like chumps, they wanted it more, were prepared to make sacrifices whilst sticking to what ever their gameplan is.

Zac Fisher
Tom De Koning
Josh Honey
Lachie Plowman
Ed Curnow

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #21
Looked tired and flat need a 10 day break
But need some changes as TDK can't handle the ruck and he has Rowan Marshall next week.

Reply #22
I wouldn't trust Plowman to butter my toast.

Reply #23
I haven't been convinced we're on the up in the first 4 rounds. This though, is an entirely different level of inadequacy.

Will be fascinated to see what the coaches do with this. There are so many lessons, I can't imagine where they'll start. Lesson 1...... 118 🫣

It's one L after 4 unconvincing W's. I hope this pathetic outing doesn't come back to haunt us like it did last year. I thought they might have learned from that one because it was pivotal in shaping our season.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #24
TdK is a massive concern.  Tired of waiting for him to show up.

Too many passengers - again.

Contested footy used to be our one wood ... So where the F is it this season Voss!?!
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #25
As per momentum, I thought Motlop was monstered in the 1st q, he could’ve had 3 frees early but nada…
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #26
Happy the club is holding off giving TDK a big contract

Reply #27
Well that was one hell of a sh1te show.

We are not ruthless enough have too many one paced front runners and our bottom 6 are bottom of the ladder standard. Really thought we could go deep into finals and yes this is only one loss but the nature of the loss says more then just one loss imo.
Really thought the embarrassing losses were over. Think again.

We are middle of the road folks and have a real lack of depth as the loss of Doc was a massive imo as we have very few that run in an attacking way he does and when you also rely on a player as fragile as McGovern you know your not a genuine threat this year.

Reply #28
We need to get some  structure to the way we play, as I said earlier, every one of our possessions is one in hope as opposed to anything deliberate and methodical. Bombing it high and long into the fwd line is not the answer. Stupid over head backwards handballs to players under pressure or to the oppo is not the answer.
Our list is slow, the odd one with pace doesn't contribute anything. Tonight we needed a line breaker, Saad was obliterated by Keays and lost confidence. Apart from him, we had no one that we can get the ball into their hands and carry it.
Our slow play is disastrous. We need to train this aspect of our game and improve it to a evel that is at a minimum, better than embarrassing. Our players tonight refused to work hard to get to space and provide a low pressure outlet to the person with the ball. Stagnant, lots of pointing,  it just doesn't cut it.
Anyone who thinks we are top 4 is delusional so lets put that to bed now.
Playing games like tonight  will see us missing the 8 again Im afraid.
Lastly, there's a lot in the theme songs of the two sides tonight the typifies what we saw:
"Pride of South Australia" - Pride is indeed what they played with.
"The team that never lets you down" - Dont worry about us supporters for a minute, more importantly, tonight you let yourselves down, that's players, coaches, boot studders, every single one of you. That will hurt a lot.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #29
David king who I can’t stand laughed at Wheatley when he said carlton should win the next 5 in a row a few weeks back.

Farrrrrrrrrrk.