Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 6 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs St. Kilda (Read 8103 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 6 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs St. Kilda

Reply #15
Not greatly worried. First loss. Shake up they needed. Knew it was coming and tipped Adelaide. Pretty confident against St.Kilda.

When Carlton don't turn up to play, they really don't turn up. Been that way since I started supporting them a long time ago. Soon rights itself. Even in our greatest year, 1995, we had 2 losses worse than last night.

I applaud your optimism, LAJ old son. I pray you're right.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #16
I applaud your optimism, LAJ old son. I pray you're right.

I feel no point getting to fussed about one loss as long as it is addressed. It more about how we rebound from it.

Reply #17
Stocker will be licking his lips. Can see him splitting one of our forwards in half.

Reply #18
Stocker will be licking his lips. Can see him splitting one of our forwards in half.
I hope one of our blokes sits him on his ass.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #19
Was he bitten by a radioactive spider in the off-season? Because I don’t remember him being a Kamikaze kid when he played for us. Maybe you’ve mixed him up with Mitch Robinson?

Reply #20
Short memory.  One example: Stocker obliterated Mihocek with a body check last year, he was one of the few on the list that would consistently put his body in. Got two weeks for a body check last year as well.   None of our piss weak refuse to chase forwards - heck none of the list - will stand up to any physical pressure.   It's been a issue with us for twenty years and continues to be so.  Stocker would actually have been perfect to free up Saad last night, but no.  Oh well, others apparently know better.
Everyone in the AFL knows that we are hopeless under physical pressure, utterly hopeless.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #21
You mean this ?

https://www.facebook.com/CarltonBluesFans/videos/stocker-with-a-crunching-bump/687202702123717/

Stocker was rubbed out for 1 week in 2022 in the North game. Lewis Young was also suspended in the same match. The club appealed Young's suspension, but not Stocker's.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/blues-to-appeal-young-suspension-20220502-p5ahnq.html

Reply #22
Obliterated? LMAO. Standard shepherd. He merely got in front of Mihocek, turned his back and used Mihocek’s velocity against him. Was Mihocek playing for a free? It’d be interesting to see if he popped up after no free came his way.

Maybe you can show us some clips of Stocker’s crash tackling.

Reply #23
Prof is right, other teams think we can be got at physically and we even had Rankine trying to get in our players faces last night.
Stocker will have a go back as he showed vs Holman last game, we are a very passive team and I felt Walker and Fogarty in particular think they can bully us and just walk through our tackles.

Reply #24
Yawn
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #25
Prof is right, other teams think we can be got at physically and we even had Rankine trying to get in our players faces last night.
Stocker will have a go back as he showed vs Holman last game, we are a very passive team and I felt Walker and Fogarty in particular think they can bully us and just walk through our tackles.

What an apt description, sadly.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #26
What an apt description, sadly.

Whether that's true or not, I doubt the absence or presence of Stocker would alter any perception other teams have about us, and I doubt his presence would have them quivering in their boots. I think this storyline is overplayed.

Reply #27
Fortunately, we have a tough guy who’ll send.a shiver down the spines of the St Kilda players:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0KFuhcnq5w

He knocked out O’Meara and sent him from the ground. On the other hand, Stocker didn’t even manage to force Tarryn Thomas from the ground but he did manage to send himself off with a shoulder injury that kept him out for a few games. I wonder if Plowman inspires fear amongst opposing players?

Reply #28
Should this game be changed to St Kilda Vs The Bye? I we repeat last nights performance they may as well.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #29
Our job is to surrender at the contest, if we don't we get "A Plowman" by Michael Christian.

That's our club's fault for failing to stick up for it's players in the past, they use us as an example, because we have a history of rolling over!
The Force Awakens!