Skip to main content
Topic: Strengths and weaknesses as at rnd 5 (Read 1087 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Strengths and weaknesses as at rnd 5

Reply #15
Positives:
Hollands.
Cowan.
H.
Charles.
Blacres.
Newman (the only bloke who can hold his head up after last night).
Game plan (we've seen passages when we play our way and it is extremely good).
Board stability.
Top notch CEO.
Doc.
Walsh.
Amazing and strong membership base.

Negatives:
Meekness (which undoes good game plan).
Injuries to key players.
Non-hackers getting games.
Small forwards not 'clicking.'
Fragile ruck stocks.
Inconsistency in games.

Undecided:
Coaching group.
Performance and fitness team.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #16
Retaliators always get in the neck by the umps and tribunal. Fatso, The Racist and Rankine were trying to get under our skin, you dont get sucked into that carp, let your footy and the scoreboard do the talking. Unfortunately our footy and the scoreboard was pathetic so we were unable to stick it up them that way. There's always next time.
We got smashed and embarrassed playing the choirboy style and it was the same deal as last time, something had to change  but we served up the same tripe and Id rather wear a few umpire decisions going against us than be bullied and timid.
The Daicos kids are starting to cop extra treatment and it will interesting to see how the other Collingwood players as well as the brothers cope with the physical stuff and Im betting they dont let other teams treat them the same way we allowed ourselves to be bullied...tomorrows game vs the Saints might tell us what to expect next week and how we need to play to win.

Reply #17
You know, I was wondering if my expectations are wrong, but I saw Zac butters put in a repeat effort 3 times to prevent a forward entry and likely cause a stoppage and im wondering if that level of desperation stands out to me because it's rare or if he's a gun, but I've watched on and I've seen him play desperate footy and wondered who from our tram exhibits such tenacity.

I would have thought this was a minimum requirement.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #18
You know, I was wondering if my expectations are wrong, but I saw Zac butters put in a repeat effort 3 times to prevent a forward entry and likely cause a stoppage and im wondering if that level of desperation stands out to me because it's rare or if he's a gun, but I've watched on and I've seen him play desperate footy and wondered who from our tram exhibits such tenacity.

I would have thought this was a minimum requirement.
Saad, Gov, Doc
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #19
Saad, Gov, Doc

Yep, and although I have deep concerns re JSOS, his repeat efforts are also terrific. Hollands and Cowan have also shown strong repeat efforts as has Newman. And I'm sure I've left some out.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #20
Yep, and although I have deep concerns re JSOS, his repeat efforts are also terrific. Hollands and Cowan have also shown strong repeat efforts as has Newman. And I'm sure I've left some out.
Yes agree, add SOS, Hollands and Cowan to my list.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time