Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2023 Rd 5 Carlton vs Sandringham at Carlton (Read 1778 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2023 Rd 5 Carlton vs Sandringham at Carlton

Reply #30
Dow 40 touches....he's got to be better than that, ::)

How many tackles?

Thats the number selectors want to see. They know he can get the footy. Can he stop the opposition when they get it though?

Reply #31
How many tackles?

Thats the number selectors want to see. They know he can get the footy. Can he stop the opposition when they get it though?
Do they...Fisher had zero tackles today and not for the first time.....not one player had a bounce today even with Stkilda playing a sagging half court defense. Id be trying Dow...whats to lose?

Reply #32
Do they...Fisher had zero tackles today and not for the first time.....not one player had a bounce today even with Stkilda playing a sagging half court defense. Id be trying Dow...whats to lose?
Fisher has speed though.

If Dow could run like Fisher, he'd be getting a game.
Dow can't, so he needs to do something else. Getting 40 touches isn't enough.
We have no problem getting the ball through the midfield.
Cerra (39)
Walsh (38)
Acres (36)
Cripps (34)
Hewitt (29)
Fisher (22)
Kennedy (21)

Dow is not going to replace any of them for ball winning ability, except maybe Fisher....but he hasn't got the speed to replace him.

Ed Curnow had a mere 5 touches today and got subbed (at 3/4 time?) so he can take his spot......but Ed is basically there as a tagger. Can Dow do that role?

Reply #33
How many tackles?
Dow had 5 tackles and 5 marks, 22 kicks and 18 handballs. 6 clearances.

That's the number selectors want to see. They know he can get the footy. Can he stop the opposition when they get it though?
Probably not, but he probably needs a go.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #34
Dow has Fisher covered for speed....but on anotheranf more important issue, Fisher is dead set taking the p1ss right now and should be sitting in Voss' office at 903 tomorrow explaining why he shouldn't be dropped for the twos for the rest of the year.   
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #35
Fisher has speed though.

If Dow could run like Fisher, he'd be getting a game.
Dow can't, so he needs to do something else. Getting 40 touches isn't enough.
We have no problem getting the ball through the midfield.
Cerra (39)
Walsh (38)
Acres (36)
Cripps (34)
Hewitt (29)
Fisher (22)
Kennedy (21)

Dow is not going to replace any of them for ball winning ability, except maybe Fisher....but he hasn't got the speed to replace him.

Ed Curnow had a mere 5 touches today and got subbed (at 3/4 time?) so he can take his spot......but Ed is basically there as a tagger. Can Dow do that role?

I dont see Fisher as quick or a player who takes a lot of bounces....Dow is more of a burst player with that initial speed away from packs, ok we know that can lead to him using it like a headless chook leading to turnovers but I see him as more that power athlete.

Reply #36
Dow > Honey
Fogarty > Fisher

Reply #37
Fisher has speed but he doesn't use it....he doesn't chase with intent or use it to catch blokes.  How he continues to have no impact yet get games staggers me.  What is his role, and why isn't he doing it?

Dows problem is disposal, but he is a point of difference to the rest of our one paced sadly out of form midfield group.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #39
So Kemp didn't play at all?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #40
So Kemp didn't play at all?
Neither did Big Durdin, so it seems we are well and truly back to a few of our old tricks relating to player fitness and team management.

It'll all be forgiven if we can find some form in 2023.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41
I really hope Dow doesn't get a senior game in 2023.
It will ruin his J.J. Liston chances. ::) 

Reply #42
....and thus his trade value ;)

Reply #43

:))  :))  :)) you're a character, Principal LODS. I bet that dry wit abounds around the barbie with a couple quality reds! ;)  ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17