Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 6 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 6865 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 6 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs St Kilda

All ready for after the game on Sunday.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 6 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #1
We can't blame injuries, the Aints also had key personnel out - thank the gods or it would have been uglier.

This was no more complicated than a side that works hard for 120 minutes versus a side that works hard for about 90 minutes. Plus, they didn't have passengers. We did. Tenuous grip on the 8 now, with an appalling %.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
Embarrassing skills. Hard to believe we've slipped so much in 12 months. We had the 6 leading possession getters on the ground....by a country mile....and it means nothing.

Lost count of how many times in the first 3 quarters we kicked it straight to an opponent coming out of the back 50. Yes, missing Saad and Docherty....but just unforgiveable. Saints were missing way more best 22 players than us but the ease with which they moved it from the back 50 to their forward line was laughable at time.

I need someone to tell me how Honey got a game this week after last week and after very ordinary VFL form? On the back of that today, he shouldn't be playing again any time soon.

Do we have a goalkicking coach at the club? So many easy set shots missed in the first half when we had control of the game. Harry is one of the worst set shots for goal in the competition and was embarrassing today. His work up the ground taking contested marks can't be questioned, but his job is to kick goals and to miss some of those sitters today is coach killing stuff.

Too many blokes tearing it up in the VFL for there not to be some changes next week. Ed Curnow might be just about cooked I think and Honey should go. Fisher got a bit of ball but for the most part was ineffective....another who could do with a VFL stint.

Cincotta didn't look outta place so probably holds his spot.

We are a mile off it at the moment. We could've been sitting in top spot tonight but instead served that crap up.

Credit to Ross Lyon though. He's got the same list as Ratten, minus a heap of injuries...and they look like a top 8 team already. The same can't be said for us.

Reply #3
2 goals to 6 after half time. Pfft.

Reply #4
Embarrassing skills. Hard to believe we've slipped so much in 12 months. We had the 6 leading possession getters on the ground....by a country mile....and it means nothing.

Lost count of how many times in the first 3 quarters we kicked it straight to an opponent coming out of the back 50. Yes, missing Saad and Docherty....but just unforgiveable. Saints were missing way more best 22 players than us but the ease with which they moved it from the back 50 to their forward line was laughable at time.

I need someone to tell me how Honey got a game this week after last week and after very ordinary VFL form? On the back of that today, he shouldn't be playing again any time soon.

Do we have a goalkicking coach at the club? So many easy set shots missed in the first half when we had control of the game. Harry is one of the worst set shots for goal in the competition and was embarrassing today. His work up the ground taking contested marks can't be questioned, but his job is to kick goals and to miss some of those sitters today is coach killing stuff.

Too many blokes tearing it up in the VFL for there not to be some changes next week. Ed Curnow might be just about cooked I think and Honey should go. Fisher got a bit of ball but for the most part was ineffective....another who could do with a VFL stint.

Cincotta didn't look outta place so probably holds his spot.

We are a mile off it at the moment. We could've been sitting in top spot tonight but instead served that crap up.

Credit to Ross Lyon though. He's got the same list as Ratten, minus a heap of injuries...and they look like a top 8 team already. The same can't be said for us.
Cincotta was good and his skills stood out...he was the one positive from this game which was played with decent pressure and thats bodes well for Cincotta going forward.

Reply #5
If not for the draw, we'd be sitting about 11th... some would say that's where we deserve to be.

Reply #6
We don’t have much in reserve. TdK missing the VFL match makes you wonder what’s up with him. Dow continues to rack up possessions but his card might be marked. Jordan Boyd probably needs a few more games in the VFL to regain match and general fitness. Jack Carroll got a lot of it but I don’t think he was particularly impressive. Fingers crossed Saad can return. Thank God we only have to play the Eagles.

Reply #7
Why can’t Durdin and Motlop be our Butler and Higgins?

Reply #8
We don’t have much in reserve. TdK missing the VFL match makes you wonder what’s up with him. Dow continues to rack up possessions but his card might be marked. Jordan Boyd probably needs a few more games in the VFL to regain match and general fitness. Jack Carroll got a lot of it but I don’t think he was particularly impressive. Fingers crossed Saad can return. Thank God we only have to play the Eagles.
The Eagles are hopeless, we shouldnt need any reserves........it should be a percentage booster.

Reply #9
- can't do it for long enough
- struggle exiting d50 effectively
- struggle effectively entering i50
- can't find the goals
- don't do the small team things often enough

Plenty to work on. We haven't looked like a serious competitor to date. Aside a couple of cameos.

Left scratching my head. Can't imagine what explanation we'll have for this waste of space
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #10
Why can’t Durdin and Motlop be our Butler and Higgins?
Because they dont work hard enough and need dropping, Id play Fogarty and Binns next week along with Dow who cant be any less ineffective than Fisher who picks up useless possessions that go sideways and dont impact.

Reply #11
10 out of the top 12 possession getters on the ground were Carlton.
Fix it Vossy.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #12
The Eagles are hopeless, we shouldnt need any reserves........it should be a percentage booster.

That's what some thought about North and the crows. We're vulnerable to any side that comes with 4q commitment.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #14
What was E Curnow's role today?? If he didn't have a shut down role he shouldn't be there!