Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 6 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 6641 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 6 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #255
Fans want some constraints placed on BigH based on their past experiences and observations, but I can't ever recall seeing a bloke from any team who is capable of kicking bananas from outside 50m before, so it's all new!

Let him be, let him perfect his art the best he can and show us what he can do, we might be pleasantly surprised!
I dont want him becoming the next Joe Daniher and losing us a final  and imho he needs to fix his problems now while he still young. Dont expect him to be 90% plus accurate just kick the regulation ones he should kick like Charlie does....

Reply #256
I dont want him becoming the next Joe Daniher and losing us a final  and imho he needs to fix his problems now while he still young. Dont expect him to be 90% plus accurate just kick the regulation ones he should kick like Charlie does....
Agreed, but I'm not sure Charlie is the best example.

Charlie missed a pudding from about 25m out just last weekend, and another that probably should be 60/40. From the difficulty of the shots he probably should have kicked 4-2 or 5-1 rather than 3-3.

But he'll have a good one soon and kick 5 or 6 straight, this is the way it goes!

FWIW SoJ kicked 2-3, and probably should have kicked 3-2, the shot on the boundary was a bit tough to expect a result.

If I recall we also had a couple of shots from around 50m or just inside 50m that either failed to score or were rushed.  Also wasn't there one I recall that was touched because we left an Aints defender unattended on the goal line, and one at their end should have been touched except we didn't have a tall on the goal line and went over a small hand for a goal.

These little things add up, we can probably see 4 or 5 goals difference in there without changing a thing!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #257
Agreed, but I'm not sure Charlie is the best example.

Charlie missed a pudding from about 25m out just last weekend, and another that probably should be 60/40. From the difficulty of the shots he probably should have kicked 4-2 or 5-1 rather than 3-3.

But he'll have a good one soon and kick 5 or 6 straight, this is the way it goes!

FWIW SoJ kicked 2-3, and probably should have kicked 3-2, the shot on the boundary was a bit tough to expect a result.

If I recall we also had a couple of shots from around 50m or just inside 50m that either failed to score or were rushed.  Also wasn't there one I recall that was touched because we left an Aints defender unattended on the goal line, and one at their end should have been touched except we didn't have a tall on the goal line and went over a small hand for a goal.

These little things add up, we can probably see 4 or 5 goals difference in there without changing a thing!
JSOS is another who needs to smarten up his kicking for goal and should be under the same spotlight as Harry.

Reply #258
Fans want some constraints placed on BigH based on their past experiences and observations, but I can't ever recall seeing a bloke from any team who is capable of kicking bananas from outside 50m before, so it's all new!

Let him be, let him perfect his art the best he can and show us what he can do, we might be pleasantly surprised!

Harry won't kick a snap from outside 50. His limit is in the 40-45m range depending on wind/stadium (further is for inside Marvel vs MCG).

People keep complaining about Harry and his snaps. Last year (or the year prior....or both) his accuracy for snaps was higher than his accuracy for standard drop punts. So its more about perception than reality.
I think its the snaps that go in the opposite direction that get noticed more than a drop punt that misses. End result for both is a miss. But the snap gets more attention because it missed by more.