Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 6 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 6873 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 6 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #30
Time to ask questions of Voss.  The honeymoon is over, I wonder if divorce papers are being drafted
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #31
Looked like world beaters last year!
Now... look like Ninthmond.

Happy with mediocrity.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #32
As crazy as it sounds that was our best performance and worst loss for the past three years.

Saints should have been buried - they were completely and utterly outplayed.

What went wrong from my view - ground ball players in defence were a problem, small forwards needs a complete overhaul as they were yet again impotent. They are hard workers but lack craft - they usually roam around doing their own thing and when the ball enters inside 50 they are no where near the contest. I mean, no where near. Defence can cut some slack as Doc, Saad and Zac are big losses but small forwards needs an overhaul.

Reply #33
Gone backwards

Reply #34
Last year we were the most exciting side in the competition to watch. What has happened? Seen it once this year.

Reply #35
The weakness of our best players get exploited by the good teams.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #36
Obviously kicking straight can help, but there is not much more you can expect from the marking forwards, they were OK today just didn't finish it off.
Nope I can’t accept our tall forwards are ok if they get the ball but don’t finish off. It’s BS. Harry has gone backwards. He’s paid to kick goals and for a bloke who won the Coleman medal 18months ago to look so nervous so unsettled with no solid goal kicking routine when doing the most important role in the game it sums us up as a footy club.  Even when one of our players finally develop we have a habit of them not pushing on and tracking upwards but going the other way!

Our coaching has always been suspect but our lack of technique going into the 50 and our general connection or cohesion from our ball movers to the forwards is laughable. It’s actually embarrassing at times.

We botch it up and miss straight forward targets when we have time and then return to the long bomb usually to an outnumber when we are pressured.
When your list consists of last years Brownlow medallist the last 2 years Coleman medalists, 6 AAs, one of the best full backs in the comp you should be in the top half of the comp yet it all falls down with no solid game plan and no forward 50 nous. 8 years into a rebuild you would think by now that box would have been ticked.

No faith we will do any better than last year.

Reply #37
Firstly, I gave up watching after SOS's horrid miss, couldn't watch anymore and dont think I can be able watch for a while, I'm broken.
I have come to the realisation we haven't improved enough to make the 8 let alone be a contender, how can we have possibly improved when we still play guys don't have the basic Skills. Not naming names, you all know who they are.
Too much left to too few, too many passengers week in week out.
I thought we were meant to have dodged a bullet with Ross Lyon?
Nighty night.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #38
We haven't been running games out and don't look fit. 

Not sure whats happening at the club but Hollands looks fitter than 80% of the team and he's been at the club for 5 mins.

How are these blokes not getting fitter and stringer over time?

We are fit, we just dont go hard enough at the critical times and have too many players looking for the cheap easy kick.

Reply #39
Time to ask questions of Voss.  The honeymoon is over, I wonder if divorce papers are being drafted
When we dont make the 8 this year, the jungle drums will beat loud and strong. We Are Carlton.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #40
Yep...what were the tactics?...at half back just switch to the other side then come back again while Stkilda got all their players back especially Marshall their only tall. Why were we in slow motion vs a Ross Lyon team who everyone knows how they play.
Charlie and Harry have to take the miracle pack mark every time for us to kick a goal down forward because we had no method...

Reply #41
Nope I can’t accept our tall forwards are ok if they get the ball but don’t finish off. It’s BS. Harry has gone backwards. He’s paid to kick goals and for a bloke who won the Coleman medal 18months ago to look so nervous so unsettled with no solid goal kicking routine when doing the most important role in the game it sums us up as a footy club.  Even when one of our players finally develop we have a habit of them not pushing on and tracking upwards but going the other way!

Our coaching has always been suspect but our lack of technique going into the 50 and our general connection or cohesion from our ball movers to the forwards is laughable. It’s actually embarrassing at times.

We botch it up and miss straight forward targets when we have time and then return to the long bomb usually to an outnumber when we are pressured.
When your list consists of last years Brownlow medallist the last 2 years Coleman medalists, 6 AAs, one of the best full backs in the comp you should be in the top half of the comp yet it all falls down with no solid game plan and no forward 50 nous. 8 years into a rebuild you would think by now that box would have been ticked.

Harry simply can't kick a straight drop punt to save himself, he compensates for that by doing that around the corner kick. Thats fine when we is on the right side of the ground. When he is on the left pocket side, he is virtually useless. So we where does he lead? The left pocket. His in game foot smarts in non existent more often than not. He is a strong contested mark, he snaps around the corner very well (on the right side), we he plays on from outside 50, he is embarrassing to watch.
Charlie and Harry are not working well together, by that I mean in sync.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #42
Talls and midfield had a good game. Ground ball players forward line and defence - couldnt put on score board pressure.
I know alot of blame is going to be put on players that missed shots on goal. But at least they are getting in positions to impact the scoreboard - its the players that are not getting in positions at all is the problem

Reply #43
We effectively has three Honeys in the forward line today - need 3-5 goals out of this group every game not 1-2

Reply #44

Sad but true that 😔

We also haven't had a run with our best 22 for years now. Yet other teams repeatedly have healthy lists. Whilst many other issues need addressing, none will pay dividends without a healthy list. Continuously robbing Peter to pay Paul doesn't work.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.