Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 7 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast in Perth (Read 2916 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 7 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast in Perth

Reply #30
The stats are meaningless, I watched the full game and his DE would have been extremely low, if he managed to achieve 50% DE it must have been a spurt of energy while I was having a dump! Very unimpressive is the adjective that comes to mind.

At VFL these fulltime professional AFL players should be shooting the eyes out of crows in flight!

They are not Joe Blogs returning off a hammy after two weeks in the pub, they have been in fulltime managed recovery and performance training, they should be head and shoulders above VFL part-time counterparts.

Whoa there, Spotted One... did Boyd steal your play lunch  ;) I also watched the entire game and for a bloke who hasn't played any game for months his contribution was very good, and as he gained touch, his disposals by foot were deft (as noted by Wingman MAV). Even without factoring in his first game in yonks, his contribution was solid and heartening, not to mention he's exactly what we need coming off half back - leg speed and a penetrating/accurate kick.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #31
We've had 2 shockers in a row. Does the MC hope the current team pull their fingers out or make a statement and reward some consistent VFL form?

Motlop is the one definite out but our small forwards have been off. Honey surely can't make the 23 again this week even with Motlop going out? He's had two very ordinary games. I'd be inclined to go with Durdin, Fisher and Fogarty. Hewett got a few possessions last week but wasn't really anywhere near his best...maybe this is the week where Dow gets a crack on the bigger Optus oval against a notably weakened Eagles midfield.

Does TDK come back in and play a bit forward to test the Eagles defence? Eagles only been playing one ruckman with support from Waterman so we can probably back JSOS to ruck okay against him.

It's the midfield that needs to get cracking. We dominated possessions last week but their impact was negligible and none of them have been hitting the scoreboard. When they're not kicking goals and neither are the small forwards, it's little wonder it's left to Charlie and Harry....and when Harry has a stinker in front of goals like last week, we can't expect Charlie to kick a bag every week and get us over the line.

Maybe this IS the week to mix it up a bit?

Reply #32
Just looked at the WC injury list and we shouldnt complain...they have been decimated and must be struggling to field a team.
This should be a 7 goal plus win this week for us given what they have to pick from.....

Reply #33
EB, they were close to pulling their WAFL side out last week....the fact that Will Schofield pulled the boots on 4 years after playing a game shows you how bad it is. Their WAFL side copped a 169 point belting the weekend before that.

If we're fair dinkum, it should be a minimum 10 goal thrashing this week. Unfortunately it's the games we're always expected to win that are the worry. You'll know inside 10 minutes into the first quarter if we're on or not...most weeks you can pick it.

Reply #34
EB, they were close to pulling their WAFL side out last week....the fact that Will Schofield pulled the boots on 4 years after playing a game shows you how bad it is. Their WAFL side copped a 169 point belting the weekend before that.

If we're fair dinkum, it should be a minimum 10 goal thrashing this week. Unfortunately it's the games we're always expected to win that are the worry. You'll know inside 10 minutes into the first quarter if we're on or not...most weeks you can pick it.
Agree Surfie....thats bad for the comp and I notice they have a lot of real long term injuries too.
Simpson will be doing well just to keep them competitive and we should give them a royal flogging this week.

Reply #35
Saad and Doc in
Kennedy out
No TDK🍺🍺🍺
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #37
Kennedy out? WTF
they said ommitted🤷🏻‍♂️
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #39
Good to see Kemp getting a game. Good luck.

Reply #40
Good to see Kemp getting a game. Good luck.

Likewise he has so much to offer and such a good talent.

Reply #41
And Lewis Young's 50th game. Well played young man.

Reply #42
Sacrifice for the non-performers.
Saad and Doc in
Kennedy out
No TDK🍺🍺🍺
Kemp in as well with Cowan being managed.
Dow and Fogarty must be thinking its over for them now, you would have thought vs a a very weak team like WC that Paddy could have got a run this week just to see where he is at in regards senior footy.

Reply #43
Not sure how Docherty made such a swift recovery. I really hope it's legit, and the club isn't rushing him back. I can't believe they would feel the need to rush him back against West Coast of all teams, with all his past injury woes - would they ?

Reply #44
Saad and Doc in
Kennedy out
No TDK🍺🍺🍺

Great to see Doc return, Kempy getting a gig and Saady back.

But... WTF re Chugga getting the flick! Play him out of position so what do you expect! Kennedy taking Honey's place makes much more sense. Hopefully Fog is the emergency.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17