Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 7 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast (Read 3329 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 7 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast

All ready for tomorrow. Hopefully we can get the result we want.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 7 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #1
What a pounding!
Carlton 23 - 14 - 152
Weagles 6 - 8 - 44

Our biggest win for years!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Cripps had 6 kicks! 33 possessions, 8 tackles and 8 clearances!
Acres had 34 possessions; 10 marks and 4 clearances.
Nic Newman: 34 possessions across half back; 14 marks and 5 tackles!
George Hewett: 32 possessions, 8 tackles and 6 clearances!
Sam Walsh: 30 possessions, 10 tackles (!!!), and 2 clearances.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Honey: 8 possessions - he's gone if there is anyone who can replace him.
Corey Durdin: 10 possessions, which is still not really enough.

Mitch McGovern: also pretty quiet, but he got through the game. 10 possessions.

Brodie Kemp: 22 possessions and 13 marks. He might just stay in on that performance.
Cincotta, a lazy 17.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Why has kemp been hiding in the VFL

Great win boys, well done King Charles.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #5
Most impressive. Especially:
DE 78
Eff i50 71
Tackles 83 👀
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #6
Cincotta and Kemp are in our best side.

Reply #7

Have to be on that performance. Now to back it up against Brisbane.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
Next week might be a good chance to take a scalp against a top side. We play Brisbane at home and it looks like Zorko and Rich both picked up strained leg muscles which will keep them out. Touch wood, our injury list is small and we didn’t pick up any new injuries. We just need to find some small defenders to sit on Charlie Cameron and Cam Rayner.

Reply #9

They were both fantastic. In fact our backline functioned like a good backline should. Newy is adding more to the side each year.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #10
I wouldnt be reading too much into this game and just take the win and percentage, there was WAFL quality opposition on the park and we did what we had to do.

Reply #11
Next week might be a good chance to take a scalp against a top side. We play Brisbane at home and it looks like Zorko and Rich both picked up strained leg muscles which will keep them out. Touch wood, our injury list is small and we didn’t pick up any new injuries. We just need to find some small defenders to sit on Charlie Cameron and Cam Rayner.
Are you saying we should have stocked up on a few small defenders?....

Reply #12
Yes this big win was against a very unmanned team but carlton teams in the past have still made hard work of games like this so to win like this is still a positive. The better teams crush weak opposition and that’s exactly what we did. It was the kill I think this group of players needed to have.

Let’s hope this builds belief and confidence in the group and we really kick off from here

Apart from our big name players I was very impressed with Cincotta. Tackles with intent and I see a bit of pies Maynard in him and not just the haircut.
Acres ran his ar5e off and actually broke lines which is the player we have been crying for.

Next weeks game will tell us a lot about where we are placed.

Reply #13
Very very happy with the percentage boosting win because our ladder position desperately needed it.

However, we turned the ball over at some very strange times in the match and more times than not under no pressure at all. Had we done that stuff against one of the better teams we would have been given a serious touch-up.

Cincotta & Kemp showed that they have a future in our backline, they are straight ahead no-nonsense sort of players. I can't see them ever being bona-fide A-Graders but they don't have to be. Put those two in with young Cowan and let them all grow together, I think we honestly have something of substance with the the three of them.

Whilst I'm no Pittonet fan, he was pretty good whenever the ball was above his waist, if it ever falls below that level he is next to useless. TDK may be younger and more agile but it showed tonight that Pitto is going to be the preferred option and Tom will be on the trade table.

Curnow had a day out and it was a shame he couldn't get his 10th but that the way it goes. Harry should have kicked another couple but he seems well out of sorts at the moment. It was pretty obvious that we don't have anyone else in the forwardline we can rely on and this is going to be a huge issue for the rest of the season unless someone has a mid-season transformation into Jezza, Fev, Eddie or Sticks.  

I thought Cerra & Docherty were good all game & Hollands just keeps doing the basics really well.

Silvagni did bugger all for most of the match as did Cripps. Honey kicked a nice goal and gave off that smart pass to Silvagni but that was about it. Fisher continues to try the impossible and always gets himself into trouble, Walsh hit an Eagles player on the chest by foot more times than I have ever seem him do, hope that is a one-off.

Overall, we comprehensively beat a team we were expected to (and they gave everything they had for 3/4 too) but it doesn't erase or make up for the past two losses which were pathetic & insipid.   

Lions next Friday night is going to another litmus test.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #14
If our tall forwards get tied down and struggle to get on score sheet I have very little faith in our small forwards picking up the slack tbh.