Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 8 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 3508 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 8 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #75
Kennedy the Sub confirmed
I think I may have misread the ins and outs when I posted this. I don't think he is confirmed yet which means Fisher may get the gig in front of him. I would be extremely disappointed if this was the case. Fisher needs to go back to the 2s and dominate before he gets back into the 1s.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #76
Honey spends a lot of time on the bench, like McGovern, and could perhaps have a greater impact if he was on the ground for longer periods rather than stopping and starting.

Apart from being proficient on both feet, Honey seems to be better able do something positive when he has the pill than does Fish.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #77
If we beat this mob I think we'll get a lot of cred back and be real contenders.
At the moment the footy community don't think we are a threat. (Which is warranted)
Would be nice be a force again but not sure how the team would go becoming the hunted instead of being the hunter.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #78
 Can you make hay under a closed roof? :D

Reply #79
If we beat this mob I think we'll get a lot of cred back and be real contenders.
At the moment the footy community don't think we are a threat. (Which is warranted)
Would be nice be a force again but not sure how the team would go becoming the hunted instead of being the hunter.

I think in the first half of last year, we built consistency around the way we played, the gap between our best and worst was  small. Even in the second half, we lost games but werent terrible, just not good enough.
This year that consistency gap and widened a touch, we need to close it, in a hurry.
Forget the score line and the quality of opposition but last weeks game, the way we played, was the bench mark in many ways. We must bring that level, or as close as f#$% is to swearing to it, every week and the score line will take care of itself.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #80
Can you make hay under a closed roof? :D
Getting the grass to grow is the hard part, killing it they've got down pat.

Reply #81
But then the Sun dries out the grass …

Reply #82
Sportsbet obviously like us:
Carlton $1.80  vs  Brisbane $2.00

Reply #83
I’d say it’s a 50/50 game but the bookies’ markets would have been influenced by the lopsided small bet activity of Carlton fans.

Reply #84
I’d say it’s a 50/50 game but the bookies’ markets would have been influenced by the lopsided small bet activity of Carlton fans.
Can be 49/51 or 1/99, as long as it goes our way that's all I want.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #85

The odds were the other way round on Sunday so I guess you're right.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #86
It will be a fierce contest I'm sure. What none of us want to see is another failure like the Adelaide game where it was over at 1/4 time. That will be a disaster.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #87
We've finally gathered a good team across all lines. Our test will be readjusting rapidly to the gulf between WC and Lions. We'll need to be strong in the contest, well versed in our oppo responsive system, and a hunger to win.

Playing at home, and their outs will help. Hopefully our 2 special milestones will also provide some impetus.

Hope I'm wrong, but my tip is Lions by 16.

Go Blues. Do it for Doc and Saad
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.