Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 8 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 5049 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 8 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #15
When you gift games to out of form players and only have two proper forwards, what do you expect?

I expect better than that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
As did his Docker buddy.
Acres? Was a liability with the ball more often than not.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #17
Once again, we were shown up to be frauds & charlatans.

Great first quarter, got the shakes in the second, completely obliterated in the third and then tried to impersonate Houdini in the last with an attempted escape but had way too much ground to make up.

We had a number of key players down on form or had the fumbles under the pressure the Lions applied.

We are still 4-5 players away from being a serious contender, right now, we are only going to hang around for nuisance value and fall short of the 8 yet again.

Have a look at the five opponents we have to face in the next 5-weeks - Dogs, Pies, Swans, Dees & Bombers .............. there is no way known we are going to beat any of them on what we have seen thus far this season.

Start doing the player reviews now and work out who to delist and who to trade, we are done for 2023.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #18
Kennedy had as many inside 50s in one quarter (and a fraction) than everyone else (on both sides) had for the entire game

WTF is he doing sitting on the bench.

Walsh had plenty of ball but his disposal was pretty poor. He just didn't seem right. Normally he'd get the ball away cleanly in those tight situations but he got caught a couple of times.

Reply #19
Where to begin with this?
So many non-contributors, so many stupid players, so many butchers. Players down, It was a shemozzle
Backline was atrocious really. Leaked goals like never before. Weitering is rubbish at the moment. Don't know if the money thing is affecting him but he's playing terrible.
Cripps was fumbly and pretty invisible. They were all over Saad and Newman which really stopped their influence
Don't think both Motlop and Durdin should both get a game and if I had my choice it would be Durdin
Walsh's disposal was off. Can't believe it. Is it his back?
Honey, don't even start me on this bloke. If he gets a game next week I'll do a gasket.
Time for bed

Reply #20
I don't know...it's just a gut feeling.
But it seems to me there is something very wrong with the dynamics of the team.
I'm not sure whether it's a player/coach thing, a player/player thing or the old clique situation.
They just don't seem to be all on the same wavelength.

While we have some really talented players, many seem to play as individuals and get in each others way.
The forward line was chaotic and unfunctional again tonight.
The number of times Brisbane players got goal side of their opponents or clear in space to kick goals was diabolical
The gap bewteen our best and our 'not so good players' is quite pronounced and team selections are confusing at best.

Reply #21
What a friday might spectacle we put on.

- announce membership record
- milestone games for 2 highly valued players
- sell out crowd against interstate oppo
- stadium cleared out at 3q time
- record number of members gutted
- fans losing hope week by week of being competitive in 2023 despite improving health of the list

That might be a little premature but it's just how I see it atm

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #22
I don't know...it's just a gut feeling.
But it seems to me there is something very wrong with the dynamics of the team.
I'm not sure whether it's a player/coach thing, a player/player thing or the old clique situation.
They just don't seem to be all on the same wavelength.

While we have some really talented players, many seem to play as individuals and get in each others way.
The forward line was chaotic and unfunctional again tonight.
The number of times Brisbane players got goal side of their opponents or clear in space to kick goals was diabolical
The gap bewteen our best and our 'not so good players' is quite pronounced and team selections are confusing at best.
No, enough excuses, if they can't excuse basic skills, see ya later. If they undermining another coach, see ya later. I have had a gut full. Seriously sick of them getting talked up, drinking their bath water, then failing again.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #23
Things aren't as bad as they seem.

We are a bit dumb at times.

Guilty of over using the ball.

Ignoring some options for no good reason and from what I can see lack strong on field leadership.  This problem is the hardest.  We have good leaders, but not enough generals that lift those around them.

I really like docherty on ball, but we've robbed our backline leadership to strengthen a midfield strength.  

You can usually hear it at ground level.  The types of players that scream themselves hoarse are just not there for us.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #24
What a friday might spectacle we put on.

- announce membership record
- milestone games for 2 highly valued players
- sell out crowd against interstate oppo
- stadium cleared out at 3q time
- record number of members gutted
- fans losing hope week by week of being competitive in 2023 despite improving health of the list

That might be a little premature but it's just how I see it atm

Go Blues
The fans leaving before 3/4 time on masse is something I have never seen before at a Carlton game. That was one hell of a Nuffs Enuff statement if I have ever seen one. I wonder what the Board, Coaches and Players will think about that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #25
Things aren't as bad as they seem. No your right, they are not as bad, they are worse

We are a bit dumb at times. A bit dumb? Really? Ill we are a lot dumb

Guilty of over using the ball. Over using the ball, is that what "panicking (crapping my pants) and not knowing what to do with it" is called these days.

Ignoring some options for no good reason and from what I can see lack strong on field leadership.  This problem is the hardest.  We have good leaders, but not enough generals that lift those around them. Agree, yay

I really like docherty on ball, but we've robbed our backline leadership to strengthen a midfield strength.   Doc like Acres was liability with the ball more often than not, sold younger team mates up the river on too many occasions.

You can usually hear it at ground level.  The types of players that scream themselves hoarse are just not there for us. They are busy pointing at things, doing two things at once whilst breathing is not easy
But apart from all that, everything is sweet. I am absolutely farken filthy if you didn't notice. Sick to death of making excuses for these blokes.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #26
But apart from all that, everything is sweet. I am absolutely farken filthy if you didn't notice. Sick to death of making excuses for these blokes.
I get it you're annoyed.

I'm not, I didn't expect less.

History has taught me not to expect more than us going to sleep for half a game.

Even last week, I said it was the most unconvincing dominant performance I've ever seen.

Brisbane ive had as my premiership favourite since they dismantled Melbourne.

We haven't been in good form all season, but I'll take what I can get.  Downhill skiers is a step up from our last 8. Years.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #27
No, enough excuses, if they can't excuse basic skills, see ya later. If they undermining another coach, see ya later. I have had a gut full. Seriously sick of them getting talked up, drinking their bath water, then failing again.

Spot on. 

Reply #28
Bulldogs, Pies, Swans, Demons and Bombers coming next. There is a possible 4 or maybe 5 lost games coming soon. Time to start drinking.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #29
Bulldogs, Pies, Swans, Demons and Bombers coming next. There is a possible 4 or maybe 5 lost games coming soon. Time to start drinking.
This group is mentally fragile, players get in front of the camera during the week after a loss and trot all the tripe buzz words about how they will review it, train hard and saddle up again next week. They will more than likely not win any of those games because 1. It is now plainly obvious they aren't as talented as they or anyone thinks and 2. they are mentally weak.
You can't train/coach out the skill errors we keep making. EOS.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th