Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 9 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 4362 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 9 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #105
Time to play for the future because the current team are not good enough.

TDK and Kemp need to play.

Many if not most of our blokes are coming into their prime and/or just beginning their best years. Ed is the exception.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #107
It's just a small sample of work,VFL game and last night,  but something I've noticed about Cottrell that others are lacking is he seems to create that little bit of extra time before he lets the ball go.
One time last night he had a couple of options...Curnow and Owies. He looked and saw Curnow was covered or had slipped and sent the ball Owies' way

Reply #108
The funny thing about ladder position is that you can predict a number of wins that it will take to make finals.
I'm tipping at the moment, based on past trends,  that it will probably be around 14.
You'd safely guesstimate that 14 is beyond us.
But as it stands at the moment we're only half a game out.
And while it looks like a huge task, it's very much in the hands of the players...and we're still alive.

Reply #109
Many if not most of our blokes are coming into their prime and/or just beginning their best years. Ed is the exception.

Their prime and best is mediocre.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #110
How old do you think Pittonet is?

Pittonet is 26, almost 27.
If we deem him 'too old' we lose everyone 26 or over, we lose over half our team from last night.....and a few others.

Kennedy
Owies
Charlie
Cincotta
Hewitt,
Acres
Cripps
McGovern
Saad
Docherty
Newman
Ed
along with Pittonet makes 13 from last night 23 players.

Also includes....
Cuningham
Marchbank
S. Durdin
Martin
Williams
Plowman

In total 19 players who are 'too old' at 26 or more.
Yeah, nah.

I said play TDK and Kemp. Didn't mention dropping Pittonet.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #111
I said play TDK and Kemp. Didn't mention dropping Pittonet.

You've gotta drop someone.
Someone from that list.
If you are bringing in those 2 and NOT dropping Pittonet....who are you dropping?

Reply #112
I think your off the mark on couple of fronts, the bulldogs showboated after goals I can assure you, it was right in front of me, especially JUH the flog. As for Owies, it was also in front of me, he grabbed the jumper like it meant something to him and he as telling the Carlton faithfull on the fence as much. I loved that display from Owies, like SOS, the jumper means something to him, there was nothing "look at me" about it. He stood up last night, more than I can say about many others. I personally wont be criticising him for a long while, he belongs.
100% agree.  One of the few who flew the flag for mine.

It's a disgrace that he as a former basketball is the only one I'm confident of kicking straight even with two coleman medalists in the side.

Too bad fev played under voss at Brisbane otherwise. I'd be getting him exclusively training with Charlie and Harry for most of the week.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #113
You've gotta drop someone.
Someone from that list.
If you are bringing in those 2 and NOT dropping Pittonet....who are you dropping?
That's  easy. Ed C (thanks for your service but seeing as we refuse to play you in your most effective position it's sayonara and we'll see you back at the end of the year for a farewell game with your bro)

and either one of Durdin or Motlop  OR dare I say it, Hollands (the kid needs a rest at some stage). Hell I'd even given Weitering a break the way he's been playing at the moment. I'm not serious about that last one

Reply #114
Too bad fev played under voss at Brisbane otherwise. I'd be getting him exclusively training with Charlie and Harry for most of the week.

I don't think Voss would stand in their way if they wanted Fev as a kicking coach. I suspect Voss had several problems at the Lions, and Fev was simply one. I'm guessing he would've been sacked even if Fev stayed at Carlton. I have no idea how he feels about Fev now. Fevola has apologised to Voss publicly, and I'm sure he understands that Fev is a much loved player among the Blues faithful, especially in recent times.

At any rate, being able to kick well is one thing, being able to impart the knowledge is another. I've no idea if Fev has what it takes.

Reply #115
That's  easy. Ed C (thanks for your service but seeing as we refuse to play you in your most effective position it's sayonara and we'll see you back at the end of the year for a farewell game with your bro)

and either one of Durdin or Motlop  OR dare I say it, Hollands (the kid needs a rest at some stage). Hell I'd even given Weitering a break the way he's been playing at the moment. I'm not serious about that last one

Easy you say.

You've just dropped Ed and Hollands, our best 2 runners and replaced them with KPP's.

Congratulations, you've just handed the opposition an easy win.

If you wanna bring in 2 talls....you really should look at dropping 2 talls.

Reply #116
Only Jack Reiwoldt could help Harry.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #117
Easy you say.

You've just dropped Ed and Hollands, our best 2 runners and replaced them with KPP's.

Congratulations, you've just handed the opposition an easy win.

If you wanna bring in 2 talls....you really should look at dropping 2 talls.

We have handed the opposition bar that WAFL side  an easy win every week since we have gone with 1 ruck.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #118
Pitto last night dominated English in the ruck taps, no good around the ground but that is a weakness we know about and should be able to handle. My issue was our mids, I was at the game and it was so frustrating watching Pitto wrestle for best position get the tap out, usually straight to his feet or in front of him only to see Bulldogs players getting to the drop before our mids, we were always behind. I'm not sure what else Pitto was supposed to do, he cant hit it over the opposition heads, our mids have to fight for best position cause even from the stands I could see where the ball was going to fall. Not sure if that's coaching, ability or desire but it was lacking all night.

Reply #119
It was good to see that we were able to kick a competitive (and almost winning) score with minimal input from Charlie and Harry. I've been hoping to see this all season. Also good to see that Owies, after a long lay off, was able to come in and play a difficult position, and have instant impact. Well played.