Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 9 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 4170 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 9 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #15
The Dogs targetted Kennedy tonight, they made sure he was tackled every time he gained possession and he was unable to dispose of it, gave away three free kicks in the last because of it.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #16
The Dogs targetted Kennedy tonight, they made sure he was tackled every time he gained possession and he was unable to dispose of it, gave away three free kicks in the last because of it.

Sounds like a strategic coaching intervention. We can't even coach holding on a late lead. Although apparently it was a ps focus.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #17
@Lods

Agree re Cottrell. He is a definite asset.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #18
Sounds like a strategic coaching intervention. We can't even coach holding on a late lead. Although apparently it was a ps focus.

I think the Dogs coaching panel identified a weakness and exploited it to the max.

Reply #19
Acres disposal is costly
I couldn't recall him hitting a target all night
17 disposals at 47.1%
I'm surprised it was that good

the sad thing is he wasn't our worst in that respect. :(

Special mention to Cottrell in his first game for the season.
He'll be an asset.

He couldn't hit the side of a barn with a piece of wheat from one metre away, he's woeful !!!

Reply #20
Small forwards still a massive problem and lost us the game again. So many inside 50s and cant lock the ball in. Too young and not good enough. Owies an exception and did well.
Depending on two forwards out of six is bad business. Unfortunately other than Martin there is no one else to bring into the team.

Martin was getting beaten in the 2s by the U18s - put a line through him. He’s a joke

Reply #21
We’re going to have to trade out of this mess
Pay players to play for other clubs to rebuild the list

Reply #22

Does nothing. Traded in good players before. We trade in decent players then they indoctrinated into our culture. If alot of our side was playing for other clubs they'd likely be guns. Issue is us.

We rebuilt a whole side but the attitude is still the same.

Reply #23
Martin was getting beaten in the 2s by the U18s - put a line through him. He’s a joke

Yep  he's cooked.
No idea what we are going to do with that small forward line but the guys that get paid the big bucks need to find a solution because the 7-8 AA elite talent is going to to waste and can't play the long game with some players while they are at their peak. Perform or out.

Reply #24

Maybe this is our Collingwood moment to trade out overpaid stars to quickly trade in some key talent. What would West Coast give for Cripps and North for Mackay?

Reply #25
I think the Dogs coaching panel identified a weakness and exploited it to the max.

Notice the pattern?
Crows, saints, Lions.....
Henry Ford.

Reply #26
He couldn't hit the side of a barn with a piece of wheat from one metre away, he's woeful !!!

What game were you watching? Too busy working on your scorched earth policy and compiling your sacking list? Negative or what?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #27

That's coaching 101 I believe 🙄
Henry Ford.

Reply #28
The dark Lord's blunt assessments may not be popular but he's right - we're wasting about 15 list spots on blokes that simply don't deserve to be there.  They've had more than enough chances.  Martin is a prime example - and whoever extended his contract should be sacked as well.  No more excuses.  I note that two of our hardest goers (Cottrell and Owies) came through the rookie list. A list designed to develop players not park finished players like Ed. 

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #29
The first half was one of the worst displays of football in perfect conditions, I’ve seen in my nearly 50 years.

I get Power has to put on a front but seeing snd hearing him interviewed at half time and he said they were happy with our game and we were playing well except for the scoreboard - 1.4.10 at half time, under the roof in a perfectly fine night at Marvel, was disgusting.

I feel so foolish, I upped our membership as I assumed we’d play finals this year and wanted the best we could afford. I wanted to leave at half time.

Watching this team play is so unenjoyable I’m losing my love of footy. How can we possibly have 2 Coleman medallist, a Brownlow medallist and AA players, and serve up that absolute tripe? I don’t understand what’s happened.

And if I have to watch McG miskick under zero pressure one more time, I’ll scream.