Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 10 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 6298 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 10 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #45
I like the idea of Doc to Daicos. The obvious one to me was Cottrell.
Need more than one player on Nick, his running is off the charts. Cottrell has struggled keeping up with Josh in the past and you need a few players to work them over. I like the idea of someone who can punish Nick for not defending  and force Collingwood to change their plans.
It's the pace and ball movement of Collingwood that kills you, they always have that overlap runner and I think that's why the Crows were able to almost match them because they are young and have leg speed to keep up.
We could do with a wet day to make it more contested and slow the game up.

Reply #46
Need more than one player on Nick, his running is off the charts. Cottrell has struggled keeping up with Josh in the past and you need a few players to work them over. I like the idea of someone who can punish Nick for not defending  and force Collingwood to change their plans.
It's the pace and ball movement of Collingwood that kills you, they always have that overlap runner and I think that's why the Crows were able to almost match them because they are young and have leg speed to keep up.
I tend to think they dont care if he doesn't defend, the maths says he does more good than harm. I think you need to limit the good. I'd back Cottrell in to keep up with him all day and hurt him offensively also.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #47
Me thinks we have bigger issues to worry about than opposition players, like 1 goal from 29 entries!!!

Reply #48
I tend to think they dont care if he doesn't defend, the maths says he does more good than harm. I think you need to limit the good. I'd back Cottrell in to keep up with him all day and hurt him offensively also.
Cottrell has really struggled on Josh and Sidebottom in the past.Thought he ran out of gas vs the Dogs....

Reply #49
Cottrell has really struggled on Josh and Sidebottom in the past.Thought he ran out of gas vs the Dogs....

That was one game last year where we had no backline and he was pushing back to help out clearly by instruction.
He is the best runner at our club and one of the best in the AFL. He had a game high 27 (running over 24km/hr for more than 1 second) sprints last week which is actually low for him.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #50
That was one game last year where we had no backline and he was pushing back to help out clearly by instruction.
He is the best runner at our club and one of the best in the AFL. He had a game high 27 (running over 24km/hr for more than 1 second) sprints last week which is actually low for him.
And he'll be better for the run.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #51
Their wingers have really flogged us in the past, they are at another level in ability....

Reply #52
Their wingers have really flogged us in the past, they are at another level in ability....

One of the footy shows showed them at work the other week. Pendlebury, Sidebottom and both Daicos bros are constantly rotating between half back and the wings. They're making it incredibly tough to match up on. We can put a hard tag on Nick but the other 3 can chop you to pieces as well.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #53
One of the footy shows showed them at work the other week. Pendlebury, Sidebottom and both Daicos bros are constantly rotating between half back and the wings. They're making it incredibly tough to match up on. We can put a hard tag on Nick but the other 3 can chop you to pieces as well.

They run them through the middle too at centre bounces late in games too when the pace is off the game, Sidebottom and Pendleburys disposal is at another level in terms of setting up other players.
You need your own large group of mids to keep up the pressure, the Crows had that and youthful legs which evened things up....

Reply #54
I thought Cripps presser we pretty good, told it like it is, good to come from this lot you should back them in!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #55
I thought Cripps presser we pretty good, told it like it is, good to come from this lot you should back them in!

I agree, but the subset of supporters who think players should "bleed for the jumper", or hang their heads in shame, or self flagellate and apologise profusely every time they lose, will probably not want to waste their time.

Reply #56
I thought that was excellent from the Skipper, honest and to the point. As supporters, we ride the wave of emotions and probably stay flat as tack after a series of losses. These guys need to stay positive and move on pretty quickly to focus on the next opponent all the while getting battered from pillar to post in the media. Not easy but that's life for an AFL footballer and coach. It will turn.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #57
who ever plays on nick daicos ,should be our main focus wen we go forward

Reply #58
Not easy but that's life for an AFL footballer and coach. It will turn.
Wouldn't it be good for the worm to turn in our next couple of home games against the Filth and Cheats over the next few weeks, and if we can steal an away win in between even better!

You just know, as always, they will be hell bent on kicking us while we are down. Sheedy will be handing out free lectures on how to defeat Carlton, McGuire will be telling everyone the competition needs a strong Carlton, only to shiv us off camera. Balme will be barracking for another Carlton bashing, with Clarkson cheering on, while muppets like BT and Darcy struggling to contain their shameful joy.

We should take no higher joy than to collectively sit these luddites on their fat ar5e!

Wouldn't it be nice if our current "Wobbles" turned out to be contagious?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #59
re: Cripps Presser........Dorothy Dix contrived event that probably wasnt needed. Just win the game this weekend and give us results not excuses and I am sick of hearing the same "we are working hard BS" especially on our execution. Think we have executed poorly all season and are about 15th in that area.  Only thing missing was the " green shoots" and we are sticking together routine.
If he could have explained why only Cerra is in the top 100 mids at No 52 for disposal impact that would have been more enlightening and why he was at around 360 on that list himself.